Derby in the Time of Covid

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know you’ve done the same drive too often when you know exactly, to the minute, how long it’s going to take to get to the DCC from your home.

Well, I’m here. All the usual suspects seem to be in attendance. There appears to be a “60 Minutes” crew filming. The Lion is sporting glasses and a goatee, TRex is in his patented shorts. The desk says 457 in the banks. Lots of tshirts not so many cues for sale.

1pocket draw coming up soon. Perhaps 5% here are wearing masks.

That is all for now.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, two weeks ago my wife contacted covid. Now I'm not a doctor, just a old married man. But I know when my wife gets a cold or the flu, this hit much harder. So when the test came back positive I was not surprised. We both had all three shots, I seem to be OK. You just never know. Please be careful out there.

I hope SBE goes this year. I plan on attending but it has to be considered a risk. So is the Derby.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see in the snooker tournament going on right now that the venue is packed and fewer than half the people are wearing masks. The players are shaking hands and doing selfies with the audience. The UK infection rate is down by 50% from the Omicron peak but it's still really high. I think there's a lot of fatigue as well as optimism that the current wave is usually mild.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the all you can eat buffet place that had the prime rib and the salmon grill make it through the remodel?

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, two weeks ago my wife contacted covid. Now I'm not a doctor, just a old married man. But I know when my wife gets a cold or the flu, this hit much harder. So when the test came back positive I was not surprised. We both had all three shots, I seem to be OK. You just never know. Please be careful out there.

I hope SBE goes this year. I plan on attending but it has to be considered a risk. So is the Derby.
And on the contrary, my whole family got it and we were completely fine. I've ate fast food that's made me feel worse than covid did lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the good thoughts, I’m trying to stay safe and in that regard Gail and I are triple vaccinated.

And when I say triple I mean the last one was a full dose, not that wimpy 1/2 dose the CDC was recommending (third shot kicked our asses.)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh yes, according to the desk: 375 in the 1pocket.

And I apologize for the typos. I’m doing this off my phone on the fly and my new implants don’t kick in for reading, just pool.

Lou Figueroa

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know you’ve done the same drive too often when you know exactly, to the minute, how long it’s going to take to get to the DCC from your home.

Well, I’m here. All the usual suspects seem to be in attendance. There appears to be a “60 Minutes” crew filming. The Lion is sporting glasses and a goatee, TRex is in his patented shorts. The desk says 457 in the banks. Lots of tshirts not so many cues for sale.

1pocket draw coming up soon. Perhaps 5% here are wearing masks.

That is all for now.

Lou Figueroa
Lou,
As DCC veteran, could you tell me how much they enforce the dress code that’s posted on the dcc website? You mention Chohan’s shorts. Was he allowed to shoot in them. Thanks

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there for a few days and wore a mask everwhere except when playing.. Quite a few Euros were doing the same.. Left yesterday before it got too crowded.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,
As DCC veteran, could you tell me how much they enforce the dress code that’s posted on the dcc website? You mention Chohan’s shorts. Was he allowed to shoot in them. Thanks

Really, not much.

There usually isn’t a tournament official trolling the different rooms calling people out on violations. About the only way I think someone would be called on something is if their opponent went to the desk and reported their opponent was out of specs.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, not much.

There usually isn’t a tournament official trolling the different rooms calling people out on violations. About the only way I think someone would be called on something is if their opponent went to the desk and reported their opponent was out of specs.

Lou Figueroa
Ok. Thanks