Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

kanzzo

hobby player
I get about the same thing by measuring mouth and throat (using straight facings front to back and the back edge of the cushion as the throat):

4 7/8" at the mouth
4 3/8" at the throat
= 1/2" total narrowing = 140.4° per side (5.4° from parallel)

pj
chgo

View attachment 626061
there is 1-2mm between the balls, so the yellow line is a little bigger then 4 1/2'' and that would make the pocket opening a little closer to 5''

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, I will confirm you have not lied about anything. Deceived, omitted, dodged and danced yes, but not lied.

meh, if you want to think that knock yourself out.

And oh yeah, Johnny asked me to call you a troll.

Troll.

Lou Figueroa
so there

kanzzo

hobby player
The table does have 5" pockets and frankly neither you nor anyone else knows what or how the BCA approves stuff.

Lou Figueroa
next
just wanted to record it before you can edit your post :D

So if we find out later, that the pockets are officialy bigger, this would be your first lie after all the
Lou, I will confirm you have not lied about anything. Deceived, omitted, dodged and danced yes, but not lied.
dancing, deceiving and omitting

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So if we find out later, that the pockets are officialy bigger, this would be your first lie after all the

dancing, decieving and omitting

oh my, what will I ever do.

Lou Figueroa
snowflake on the case, lol

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It’s now likely that no one other than the table mechanic and the organizers will ever know, as the evidence (the table) has most likely been altered since the completion of the 714 run.

Anyone who doesn’t think so is naïve. Why else would they have chosen NOT to be transparent on this to clear up this controversy and all this negative PR.

No one would have had a problem with 5” pockets or maybe not even 5-1/8”, but 5-1/4” is pushing even the BCA’s limits as to whether to sanction this as a recognized world record high run.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My Gold Crown is set up very standard in the corners.
By the way, I think this (where the edge of the facing and the edge of the cushion meet) is where to measure the throat. That way we can be sure of the lengths of the facing lines and get an accurate angle calculation.

pj
chgo

pocket facing angle.png

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I still think the withholding of the #’s was due to RKC’s belligerence in the beginning thread about this endeavor. And once they took a stand to not show another picture from a different angle or give the deets that was that. Any caving in to pressure would be caving.

The picture going around with two balls has been called “jayson’s picture” a few times. He did not post that pic but it’s a still frame taken from a video where he put the balls in haphazardly and said they’re buckets during a podcast.

I don’t know shit all about camera angle distortion and stuff but the camera was looking from other end of the table (from the pocket in question), straight ahead. Someone took a screen shot and that’s being analyzed and considered concrete conclusive evidence of 5 1/4” pockets.

I don’t know. Just laying out some stuff

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s now likely that no one other than the table mechanic and the organizers will ever know, as the evidence (the table) has most likely been altered since the completion of the 714 run.

Anyone who doesn’t think so is naïve. Why else would they have chosen NOT to be transparent on this to clear up this controversy and all this negative PR.
Is it really negative PR..or just the same 8 or 10 here arguing in circles for days about something?

714 balls run wow!!!

I'm ready to see the next man or woman up to see how they do.