Funeral expenses for Larry Nevel

middleofnowhere

Registered
With all the available tech, volunteering might not be such a good idea. (apologies to those that imagine it to be a noble thing) If you have well placed friends to protect any possible afterlife, maybe. Otherwise, its just those geeky scientists and their inquiring minds. Consider, what is the half life of sentience?
with all due respect, I didn't understand any of that.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
No, cause of death had nothing to do with the service. I edited my other post with some more things I just found when I looked up the benefits on the VA site. There are still benefits available to help with costs it seems for those that qualify, and I qualified. I see it says now that you have to pay up front and you will be reimbursed, I know that I did not pay for anything up front. And yes they still cover the marker.
Here is the rest of what it says

Am I eligible for allowances to help pay for a Veteran’s burial and funeral costs?​

You may be eligible for Veterans burial allowances if you’re paying for the burial and funeral costs and you won’t be reimbursed by any other organization, like another government agency or the Veteran’s employer. You must also meet all of these requirements.
One of these relationships or professional roles describes your connection to the Veteran:
  • You’re the Veteran’s surviving spouse (Note: We recognize same-sex marriages.), or
  • You’re the surviving partner from a legal union (a relationship made formal in a document issued by the state recognizing the union), or
  • You’re a surviving child of the Veteran, or
  • You’re a parent of the Veteran, or
  • You’re the executor or administrator of the Veteran’s estate (someone who officially represents the Veteran)
The Veteran must not have received a dishonorable discharge, and one of these circumstances must be true:
  • The Veteran died as a result of a service-connected disability (a disability related to service), or
  • The Veteran died while getting VA care, either at a VA facility or at a facility contracted by VA, or
  • The Veteran died while traveling with proper authorization, and at VA's expense, either to or from a facility for an examination, or to receive treatment or care, or
  • The Veteran died with an original or reopened claim for VA compensation or pension pending at the time of death, if they would’ve been entitled to benefits before the time of death, or
  • The Veteran died while receiving a VA pension or compensation, or
  • The Veteran died while eligible for a VA pension or compensation at time of death, but instead received full military retirement or disability pay
Or:
  • The Veteran had been getting a VA pension or compensation when they died, or
  • The Veteran had chosen to get military retired pay instead of compensation
Note: We’ll also provide an allowance for the cost of transporting a Veteran’s remains for burial in a national cemetery.

You can’t get burial allowances for certain individuals​

We don’t provide burial allowances if the individual died:
  • On active duty, or
  • While serving as a member of Congress, or
  • While serving a federal prison sentence

t

One of largest faults with VA, as they change, add, modify programs to help their PR Machine is gross failure.

Flip side of coin is Veterans who when they left service were done, with anything military related.

I say you earned benefits with service, your free to ask for earned bennies.

Most people pay into Social Security, but you must say I want check now At 62, 65, what ever?

Know a Vet has bad Parkinson’s, refuses to file flame for Agent Orange. Gus’s he don’t need extra 3k/month tax free from VA. I color him DUMB.
1644933921323.png

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you guys have effectively derailed a thread meant to seek help for a grieving family.

hate to say I thought the same, but it's not too late to get it back on track
right now larry's funeral expenses tally is a little over 4k..let's help that number grow!!
if we can't help such a likable, esteemed pro and his wife in this situation, what are we doing here...
I'm sure every little bit helps..thanks to everybody who's chipped in so farđź’Ş

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hate to say I thought the same, but it's not too late to get it back on track
right now larry's funeral expenses tally is a little over 4k..let's help that number grow!!
if we can't help such a likable, esteemed pro and his wife in this situation, what are we doing here...
I'm sure every little bit helps..thanks to everybody who's chipped in so farđź’Ş
If you put the dumb shits on ignore you can quickly get it back on track. SSDD.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Same message, more words.
My response was to someone's comment about the cost and funerals being a scam.
I agree. People spend all that money to make themselves feel better. It does nothing for the deceased. The money could be better spent. Especially for those who can't afford it in the first place.