Shaw 714 DVD

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd guess he will sell around 40 packages for this price. Anything over 100 I'll consider a miracle and selling out 714 - not in 100 years.

The run was recorded in HD, getting a DVD in low resolution would be a big drawback for me.

I would guess Jayson would make the most profit pricing it around 50$. And a digital HD version would make for a much easier distribution. I wouldn't care either for the autograph or a peace of cloth...
They announced last night they’ll be selling Jayson’s run on thumb drive as well.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The run was recorded in HD, getting a DVD in low resolution would be a big drawback for me.

I would guess Jayson would make the most profit pricing it around 50$. And a digital HD version would make for a much easier distribution. I wouldn't care either for the autograph or a peace of cloth...

HD? are you sure it's not UHD or FHD? i don't mind the price, but 720 would probably be a deal breaker

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They announced last night they’ll be selling Jayson’s run on thumb drive as well.
Did they mention a contemplated price range? It's a smart move that greatly expands the variety of portable devices and fixed devices (like smart TVs) that will be able to view the run.

Schmidt would be smart to release his 626 the same way -- especially since since *his* footage has been voice-overed with his commentary as the run progresses . . . he's a very skilled, born teacher.

I'm guessing that there is a way to render a thumb drive as non-copyable. But probably ways exist today to defeat even that intended protection.

Arnaldo ~ Personally, I would buy a thumb drive of both John's and Jayson's. I greatly enjoy the factor (as with chess matches) of mentally imagining . . . moment-to-moment . . . exactly would I would do next if I were the player as each situation changes. I find doing that continually, to be quite enriching for my own playing.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Bobby has often said, the #1 criteria for any player to participate in our event is: a positive attitude.

Lou Figueroa
Funny!

He's positive he's going to delete any user comments referring to John Schmidt on the stream.

When new players come in, will he now begin deleting any comments referring to Jayson Shaw on the stream?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, we all know this whole thing was just as pure as fresh driven snow.
I'm still curious. If Jason shot 527 would you be cutting up the cloth?
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

To answer the question I believe you're really asking: we care about the number, not the player.

There may be more cloth cutting if someone breaks Shaws record or maybe for a 769.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
To answer the question I believe you're really asking: we care about the number, not the player.

There may be more cloth cutting if someone breaks Shaws record or maybe for a 769.

Lou Figueroa
It was a simple question. No need to redefine it or twist it around. I knew the answer was no. We all knew.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny!

He's positive he's going to delete any user comments referring to John Schmidt on the stream.

When new players come in, will he now begin deleting any comments referring to Jayson Shaw on the stream?

My recollection is that some comments were deleted because they were negative in tone.

Some of the posts deleted specifically mentioned John and his run, others did not. But the criteria was always whether the comments were negative, not who they mentioned.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a simple question. No need to redefine it or twist it around. I knew the answer was no.

Then why waste my time?

I guess I'll just ignore future questions from you and your crystal ball, or tea leaves, or the lamb entrails that you're reading, lol.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Then why waste my time?

I guess I'll just ignore future questions from you and your crystal ball, or tea leaves, or the lamb entails that you're reading, lol.

Lou Figueroa
You won't ignore them, you'll evade them. You can't help yourself.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny!

I believe you have a comprehension problem.

Did you understand what Lou wrote?

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My recollection is that some comments were deleted because they were negative in tone.

Some of the posts deleted specifically mentioned John and his run, others did not. But the criteria was always whether the comments were negative, not who they mentioned.

Lou Figueroa
He writes a lot of things.

Lou said a positive attitude was needed to both post about & play in the event.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Lou said a positive attitude was needed to both post about & play in the event.
I'm glad Earl was able to take time away from his motivational speaking tour and have a go at the record.

I'm not really into the whole topic but when people say absurd things I like to have a bit of fun.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm glad Earl was able to take time away from his motivational speaking tour and have a go at the record.

I'm not really into the whole topic but when people say absurd things I like to have a bit of fun.

He is a world champion & multiple title holder over decades though and certainly merited a go.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Might be a little harder on a GC4 with 5" pockets, can't make them 5 1/2" because of the pocket castings not covering up the shortened rail miters, clearly visible, unlike on the GC3 that was used.