Shaw 714 DVD

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably never on a more legit table. I watched the match last night with Sigel vs Earl. Earl ran 97 and it was tough. That table was I would say was standard tough, an honest table. No one is running 4 or 5 hundred balls on that table.
Earl did not have much better luck on the same table that Jayson ran 714. I am not sure he ran 200, but he may have.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Other sports figures would get millions for a similarly rated accomplishment in their sport. It is no wonder pool will remain a nickel and dime operation. Even it's ardent fans won't support it.
I'm not sure we can blame the fans. They are the same people who support sports that they feel bring them value and enjoyment. Nobody goes to watch the Bulls play to support the NBA.

The fans haven't failed the sport so much as the sport has failed the fans with it's inability to organize and evolve. They need to stop thinking/acting like a charity.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other sports figures would get millions for a similarly rated accomplishment in their sport. It is no wonder pool will remain a nickel and dime operation. Even it's ardent fans won't support it.

There isn't really a comparable though, as in other sports records only matter if they are in match play.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They wouldn't get millions from random people sending them money. They would get rewarded by corporate sponsors who want their brand associated with the achievement. It's not the fan's job or responsibility to spend $100+ on a DVD direct from Jayson Shaw to congratulate him for a run of 714.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They wouldn't get millions from random people sending them money. They would get rewarded by corporate sponsors who want their brand associated with the achievement. It's not the fan's job or responsibility to spend $100+ on a DVD direct from Jayson Shaw to congratulate him for a run of 714.

Don't bogart that joint.

Lou Figueroa

middleofnowhere

Registered
Earl did not have much better luck on the same table that Jayson ran 714. I am not sure he ran 200, but he may have.
It was interesting watching players like them getting up and down on shots. No freewheeling, they really respected the table, as it should be. Not to be negitive, but Jayson treated the table like a joke. Bumping rails all over the place.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was interesting watching players like them getting up and down on shots. No freewheeling, they really respected the table, as it should be. Not to be negitive, but Jayson treated the table like a joke. Bumping rails all over the place.
Jayson shoots very fast, it sounds like you just don't like Jayson. Disrespect the table😂🤣😂🤣

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I see Jayson now will ship you a thumb drive instead of a DVD, same contact and price listed in the first post of this thread. He said on FB that the video includes his full commentary of the run.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Jayson shoots very fast, it sounds like you just don't like Jayson. Disrespect the table😂🤣😂🤣
When I said respected the table I meant the tough nature of the table, they could not take it for granted.
In Jaysons case, when I said he trated the table like a joke,that is exactly how he played, like the table was so easy it was a joke. He was playing so sloppy at a point that on a tough table, he would have been missing every dozen shots.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I said respected the table I meant the tough nature of the table, they could not take it for granted.
In Jaysons case, when I said he trated the table like a joke,that is exactly how he played, like the table was so easy it was a joke. He was playing so sloppy at a point that on a tough table, he would have been missing every dozen shots.
I guess he should have been splitting pockets on every shot. He ran 714 on a table with 5" pockets and at lightning speed.
If Mosconi or John had to shoot on a tough table, they would not have achieved their high runs either.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess he should have been splitting pockets on every shot. He ran 714 on a table with 5" pockets and at lightning speed.
If Mosconi or John had to shoot on a tough table, they would not have achieved their high runs either.
I thought John’s run was on a table with very similar pocket size?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's comical. I'll say it again: The dude ran SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN BALLS. We could setup a table with 7" gaff pockets and none of us would come close to half that. Give it a rest already. Buy the video or don't. But can we all agree it was an amazing accomplishment? Some of you need to put away your inner Harriman and move on.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
Did you watch the video I posted? Did you notice the way the balls opened? There are other factors as well. The balls Mosconi would have been playing with would not likely open with the slightest touch. Most racks would require some work to get through.

The pockets also react differently as do the rails. Balls hang up due to the rail friction. On Jaysons table the balls react like they are polished with silicone. They flew into the pockets and break shots balls went everywhere.

Again, in the video I posted, that looks like what a normal table and balls play like. I feel on Jaysons table they did everything they could to make runs happen. That is all I am saying.

The table Mike and Earl were playing no one could run that kind of number. We were not there, but I suspect the table and conditions Mosconi did his run on also makes it extordinaty. No one was polishing the balls every few racks. Also the more confining nature of the smaller table.

Let's face it, what Mosconi did was amazing. Most all players then and up till now had life time high runs at best in the 300s. If all tables played like Jaysons, forget about it.

For me this is not a debate, it is my opinion from 60 years of playing and watching pool. It's how I feel.
I would like to see John's run to compare the two.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you watch the video I posted? Did you notice the way the balls opened? There are other factors as well. The balls Mosconi would have been playing with would not likely open with the slightest touch. Most racks would require some work to get through.

The pockets also react differently as do the rails. Balls hang up due to the rail friction. On Jaysons table the balls react like they are polished with silicone. They flew into the pockets and break shots balls went everywhere.

Again, in the video I posted, that looks like what a normal table and balls play like. I feel on Jaysons table they did everything they could to make runs happen. That is all I am saying.

The table Mike and Earl were playing no one could run that kind of number. We were not there, but I suspect the table and conditions Mosconi did his run on also makes it extordinaty. No one was polishing the balls every few racks. Also the more confining nature of the smaller table.

Let's face it, what Mosconi did was amazing. Most all players then and up till now had life time high runs at best in the 300s. If all tables played like Jaysons, forget about it.

For me this is not a debate, it is my opinion from 60 years of playing and watching pool. It's how I feel.
I would like to see John's run to compare the two.
Three other world class players (Shane, Earl, Ruslan) attempted many runs on the same equipment and did not have the same result. Give Jayson his due. It was a remarkable achievement. He shouldn't apologize or have an asterisk next to 714 for making it look easy. That's what professionals in any sport do: They make the difficult look easy. There was certainly nothing easy about running SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN BALLS. Nothing.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Three other world class players (Shane, Earl, Ruslan) attempted many runs on the same equipment and did not have the same result. Give Jayson his due. It was a remarkable achievement. He shouldn't apologize or have an asterisk next to 714 for making it look easy. That's what professionals in any sport do: They make the difficult look easy. There was certainly nothing easy about running SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN BALLS. Nothing.
I thought he was the only one that they used the template rack? Correct me if I’m wrong.