Hand flip's and such!

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just rewatched Shane vs Mika from the score being 10-3.
Mika stood up 4 times
Hand flipped 8 times and leaned in 6 times while Shane was shooting or breaking.
Also the 9 ball that was picked up that Mika was griping about if anything it was put more in the line of fire than wider.
Just sayin

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won’t watch Mika anymore. He pissed off Rempe while playing him years ago, walked out during 14.1 match against Sigel, and finished a rack while Steve Knight took a restroom break. Steve came back and Mika just shrugged his shoulders. He’s a great player but I won’t watch him anymore

Sweetwater II

I watched the live feed and at the finish, someone in the chat said Mika hand flipped 119 times, I’m sure an over exaggeration but even so, way more than 8, even hand flipped on some of Shane’s shots. Mika didn’t sit still in his chair the entire match, never witnessed so much sharkin* on any match in the past. But what a comeback, down 10-3 and win in the end, kudos to Shane. I don’t think an apology is ever coming from mika
, just a class dick.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
He told the ref he should have used a marker to move the rack out from under the 9 ball. That he can't just "hand lift the 9". He exchanged some words with Shane about it after the rack. Seemed a bit petty on Mika's part. I think Shane told him to quit whining.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just rewatched Shane vs Mika from the score being 10-3.
Mika stood up 4 times
Hand flipped 8 times and leaned in 6 times while Shane was shooting or breaking.
Also the 9 ball that was picked up that Mika was griping about if anything it was put more in the line of fire than wider.
Just sayin
I don’t like how Mika competes…but he was right about the 9-ball….markers exist for a good reason.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the live feed and at the finish, someone in the chat said Mika hand flipped 119 times, I’m sure an over exaggeration but even so, way more than 8, even hand flipped on some of Shane’s shots. Mika didn’t sit still in his chair the entire match, never witnessed so much sharkin* on any match in the past. But what a comeback, down 10-3 and win in the end, kudos to Shane. I don’t think an apology is ever coming from mika
, just a class dick.

i've seen him do 60+ hand flips in a griff US open match so 119 is not impossible. i've also seen ppl seriously discussing over/under bets for his hand flips, lol. it's obviously an OCD thing at this point

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Won’t watch Mika anymore. He pissed off Rempe while playing him years ago, walked out during 14.1 match against Sigel, and finished a rack while Steve Knight took a restroom break. Steve came back and Mika just shrugged his shoulders. He’s a great player but I won’t watch him anymore
Can’t comment on the other stuff, but aren’t you only supposed to take restroom breaks on your turn or between games?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Mika's a dick, pure and simple.

I keep two matches in my favorite list on my computer. The first one (my favorite), is the finals of the 2001 U.S. Open when Corey beat Mika 11-0. The second is when Jayson Shaw beat Mika 9-1 in about 19 minutes at the Turning Stone XXIII. Talk about some serious hand flips! Nothing better than watching that arrogant a-hole get his a** handed to him. IMHO, his antics are a black mark on pool.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didn't see Shane hand flipping or eye rolling en route to Mika's 10-6 lead. He sat there and took to like a pro despite Mika freewheeling, getting away with highly questionable shots and getting some rolls. Mika, on the other hand is a child. The ONLY reason to engage Shane AFTER the rack (moving of 9B) was over was to pull a move and stop Shane's momentum. Shane did the right thing by taking a break to clear his head. Mika is the epitome of poor sportsmanship.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I was watching that and thought, what a douche, I didn't realize it was so prevalent.

Changes my opinion.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me: "He's shooting the wrong ba---". (Damned PURPLE 5-BALL!!!!)

I like how he tossed his jump cue in the 20th rack. Like a mike drop.

I saw that also and if I remember right, Mika was moving an awful lot (leaning forward if I'm remembering right) before SVB did that. I was thinking at the time that SVB must be at his wits end with Mika's antics.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika's a dick, pure and simple.

I keep two matches in my favorite list on my computer. The first one (my favorite), is the finals of the 2001 U.S. Open when Corey beat Mika 11-0. The second is when Jayson Shaw beat Mika 9-1 in about 19 minutes at the Turning Stone XXIII. Talk about some serious hand flips! Nothing better than watching that arrogant a-hole get his a** handed to him. IMHO, his antics are a black mark on pool.

Absolutely top two of matches that I thoroughly enjoy watching over & over. I also saw two matches like that at the 2021 Int'l that I enjoyed as well.

Keith

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more you cry...the more you empower your opponent.

They all like torching Mika.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The old players used to say and this is a quote. I don't care if you drop a piano in front of me while I am playing. All I care is when your beat you pay up. Can't stop a ass from being an ass. Stone cold money players absolutely love when their opponents do all that acting up. It is a sign of desperation. You are watching a desperate man. Going down. You should be watching the man with the shovel burying the creep. On the inside he is pissed maybe a little. You can bet he laughs all the way to the bank with no complaints. He loves action. Crushes it.
Nick :)