Hand flip's and such!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's also a match from the Derby where Corey left his chalk on the table and Mika tossed it under the table.
When did leaving chalk on the table become a move? I don't think I've ever played a game of pool that didn't have 3-4 pieces of chalk on the rail. Of course I always turn them up to keep the table clean, it pisses me off when people put them facing down.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the match,
(time: 20:43). Corey chalks after making the 6 ball in game 5 and leaves his chalk on the rail. After a couple of early safes in game 6, Mika gets out with the chalk staying on the rail. Mika then throws it under the table after the break in game 7. Corey looks for it on his next turn, eventually Mika retrieves it.

it's hard to see the pattern racking and soft breaks now, glad it's moved on from that. but flinging the opponent's chalk under the table is very poor behavior

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
There's also a match from the Derby where Corey left his chalk on the table and Mika tossed it under the table.
IF it were up to me, unsportsmanlike conduct, match loss.
Do more = restrictions entering future tournaments.
These childish behaviors got to stop.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if its the custom for them to remove the chalk, then it is perfectly acceptable to remove it if your opponent keeps doing it.
in the poolroom there is chalk all around and they get put in all sorts of positions. you got to live with it,

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem is everybody uses their own chalk now. Nobody shares the same piece.
My solution is......gonna put the chalk in your pocket..........

Ya gotta wear white pants!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem is everybody uses their own chalk now. Nobody shares the same piece.
My solution is......gonna put the chalk in your pocket..........

Ya gotta wear white pants!

I carry some Master in my case but only break it out if the bar chalk sucks (hole the wrong shape, worn out, etc).

As far other people's chalk it depends on the situation. If it's a tournament and we're trying to keep the rails free of chalk in general I will usually just hand their chalk to them if they left it on the table and then I try to make sure I grab my chalk when done, mutual respect. When playing friends for fun depends on the overall atmosphere, if we're laughing and having a good time I'll take their expensive chalk and hand it to them and tell them to keep their crap chalk off the table :)

Mostly, I just move chalk if it's in my way and most times I literally only move it an inch so it's not touching my bridge hand or to make sure it's not in the path of my stroke.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is actually a video of a match where Mika foul on purpose vs SVB, he missed on a 5 ball i think and put his cue in the way of the cueball as it was heading towards a pair of tied up balls(8 and 9 iirc). SVB complained and was only given a BIH. I used to have the uStream link, but it got removed , It might be a turning stone event.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When did leaving chalk on the table become a move? I don't think I've ever played a game of pool that didn't have 3-4 pieces of chalk on the rail. Of course I always turn them up to keep the table clean, it pisses me off when people put them facing down.
Ditto. Even worse are those who stress over where you leave the chalk are those who stress over which side of the table you return the bridge to after using it. Also, it's far worse to leave the template on the rail than to leave chalk (face up) on the table, yet many who routinely leave the template on the rail are the same ones who complain if you leave chalk on the rail.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ditto. Even worse are those who stress over where you leave the chalk are those who stress over which side of the table you return the bridge to after using it. Also, it's far worse to leave the template on the rail than to leave chalk (face up) on the table, yet many who routinely leave the template on the rail are the same ones who complain if you leave chalk on the rail.

I most definitely grab the template and place it wherever it's resting place is/was, it does not belong on the rail.