Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ

Chilifide

Will the IPT pay?
Silver Member
I've been on AZB since 6/5/2005 and before that I was on RSB during the JAM wars. I am mostly a lurker but will occasionally chime in on something.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sorry, wrong thread..
Wrong thread indeed

1A47D40D-E6B6-46F3-8C91-68829FE0B8C1.jpeg

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
This place has led me to many good players and instructors who have helped my game in every way. It's led me to tournaments and other fun things. It has allowed me to network with other players and doers in the game who have helped me in many ways, too.

I give it a 9.5.

Jeff Livingston

Joe P.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been here since 2007 when I started shooting serious. Doesn't seem that long...

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
My two favorite old school guys on AZ are Will Prout and the late Steve Piesner.

Will and Steve have some of the most high end historic collections I've ever seen, and they put them on the cue gallery now and then. They didn't do it to brag, but to give credit to the makers, some older, and some newer ones. Their posts were always the most gracious, and the ones I wanted to look at over and over.

It does make me think that in a pretty obscure sport like pool, and even more obscure activity like cue collecting, Will and Steve are and were two of the best that AZ will ever have, given their generosity to share what they have.

Having put up many cues of my own in the cue gallery, I've communicated with both of them, and they are as gracious as they are on the forum. Those are my two favorite old school guys.

All the best,
WW

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I joined in 2004. I don’t post much due to the amount of fighting that goes on these days. People hide behind screen names and type insulting or degrading shit. This once was a pretty good place to participate.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My two favorite old school guys on AZ are Will Prout and the late Steve Piesner.

Will and Steve have some of the most high end historic collections I've ever seen, and they put them on the cue gallery now and then. They didn't do it to brag, but to give credit to the makers, some older, and some newer ones. Their posts were always the most gracious, and the ones I wanted to look at over and over.

It does make me think that in a pretty obscure sport like pool, and even more obscure activity like cue collecting, Will and Steve are and were two of the best that AZ will ever have, given their generosity to share what they have.

Having put up many cues of my own in the cue gallery, I've communicated with both of them, and they are as gracious as they are on the forum. Those are my two favorite old school guys.

All the best,
WW
Steve died about 3½ years ago: https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/passing-of-a-friend.485174/

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I joined in 2004. I don’t post much due to the amount of fighting that goes on these days. People hide behind screen names and type insulting or degrading shit. This once was a pretty good place to participate.
I'm surprised you would pick the old school members thread to express displeasure. This is a thread about long-lasting members who contribute highly, knowledge, pictures of cues, tables, etc.

There is a bit of rough and tumble, as there is with any internet forum. But I wouldn't take back all the interaction I've had with the old school members here, trading stories, showing classic cue pictures, building materials, and the like.

But since you are disgusted with AZ, I hope you find something else. The only worse thing than a bad forum would be an unhappy person still posting in it. Best of luck.

All the best,
WW

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

What's your name?

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hmmm…’cbi1000’ complaining about screen names…noted by ‘pt109’….:)
….like most areas in life, there’s wheat and there’s chaff, getting tired of separating it is more of a personal problem….
….lot of good stuff on here

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I'm surprised you would pick the old school members thread to express displeasure. This is a thread about long-lasting members who contribute highly, knowledge, pictures of cues, tables, etc.

There is a bit of rough and tumble, as there is with any internet forum. But I wouldn't take back all the interaction I've had with the old school members here, trading stories, showing classic cue pictures, building materials, and the like.

But since you are disgusted with AZ, I hope you find something else. The only worse thing than a bad forum would be an unhappy person still posting in it. Best of luck.

All the best,
WW
this is a perfect example of what I am saying. I only stated I don't post as much due to people taking topics way out of context. thanks for confirming my statements.
But I am old school.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
….like most areas in life, there’s wheat and there’s chaff, getting tired of separating it is more of a personal problem….
People who are hiding are those that say things that they need to hide from. That is not most folks, but it happens.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only heard of Eddie Wheat, maybe his cousin Chaff isn’t a cue maker.

Best
Eric<——-not hiding today