Funny pic/gif thread...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
8157B0B7-C6FE-4E19-8333-14C113729086.jpeg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ponder this: If opposing thumbs are why we are at the top of the food chain, why aren't the critters like the orangs with opposing thumbs and toes above us? Six in the evening and I still need more coffee!

Hu

Brains. Humans sorted out fire and eating meat and spending less time on just surviving. That ended up with more protein, more time to work on things like painting, language development. Brains grew larger with more use and more food, and now here we are with The Kardashians and rap and needing laws to figure out what a girl or a boy is LOL. We developed a bit too much I think or starting down the slope going the other way.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brains. Humans sorted out fire and eating meat and spending less time on just surviving. That ended up with more protein, more time to work on things like painting, language development. Brains grew larger with more use and more food, and now here we are with The Kardashians and rap and needing laws to figure out what a girl or a boy is LOL. We developed a bit too much I think or starting down the slope going the other way.
My understanding is that opposable thumbs and brains are components but the human mouth, tongue and palate that combined allows speech which in turn allows information to be passed from generation to generation and across general populations. This single ability made the human race unique. There are numerous examples of species communicating in nature & my dog & I do OK (when he wants to) but none of it compares to the human to human ability to share and pass on knowledge. We need it since we are pretty much left out on the newborn survival and general instincts that many species have.

And, I agree that our most recent "evolution" is pretty sketchy.