9' Diamond Pro Am

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Well, after selling off my GC IV, I had to do a little something. So, I had this brand new beauty delivered today. It was delivered and setup by Matt Suite at American Billiard Covering. I was not at home when it was delivered though, sadly.

6eMsGMN.jpg

cobqbZ4.jpg

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Well I work out of town, so my wife handled being at home when it was setup. Originally, I contacted Diamond for a NEW table, not a tournament used table. They sent me to who I used to buy it. I said I needed a quote on a NEW Diamond 9' Pro Am, not a tournament used table. For directing me to the dealer they recommended me to use, I certainly would put some of the blame of this on Diamond themselves. But this is what I found when I arrived home.

For the amount these tables cost (supposedly brand new) words don't explain the word pi**ed quite enough.

0NVQnK5.jpg

zxEILKV.jpg

If I had wanted a tournament used table I would have asked a good friend of mine Julian Robertson with Accustats, who offered to find me one at a tournament. That is NOT what I wanted or asked for.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I work out of town, so my wife handled being at home when it was setup. Originally, I contacted Diamond for a NEW table, not a tournament used table. They sent me to who I used to buy it. I said I needed a quote on a NEW Diamond 9' Pro Am, not a tournament used table. For directing me to the dealer they recommended me to use, I certainly would put some of the blame of this on Diamond themselves. But this is what I found when I arrived home.

For the amount these tables cost (supposedly brand new) words don't explain the word pi**ed quite enough.

0NVQnK5.jpg

zxEILKV.jpg

If I had wanted a tournament used table I would have asked a good friend of mine Julian Robertson with Accustats to find me one. That is NOT what I wanted or asked for.
That is sorry. Doesn't anyone do things right the first time anymore.... My experience ... I used an authorized Diamond dealer in Florida ... BilliardsFlorida. A real shit job on the cloth. The mechanics had no experience with a Diamond table. What made things worse was nobody Diamond or the dealer got back to me. I fixed out of pocket.

Was it received with a cracked rail or done during installation?

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
That is sorry. Doesn't anyone do things right the first time anymore.... My experience ... I used an authorized Diamond dealer in Florida ... BilliardsFlorida. A real shit job on the cloth. The mechanics had no experience with a Diamond table. What made things worse was nobody Diamond or the dealer got back to me. I fixed out of pocket.

Was it received with a cracked rail or done using installation?
As far as when it happened I am not sure as I was out of town during delivery. But he called and said he would make it right. He said Diamond puts stickers on new tables? But I obviously did not want them or the residue they leave behind. And the crack happens when moving such a monster maybe, but it just needs to be righted. He said he would make it right with a new top, so will keep the thread updated. If it is made right, there want be an issue.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They'll make it right but you don't need the agg. The rail with the sticker does not look new. Never saw a new ProAm with that sticker.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member

Was it received with a cracked rail or done during installation?
Did not get back to you? I would not be one to do that to. It would not come out of my pocket and I don’t give up if wronged.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did not get back to you? I would not be one to do that to. It would not come out of my pocket and I don’t give up if wronged.
I didn’t give up. I did what I was comfortable with. I didn’t want the same people back regardless. I didn’t want to wait for Diamond. I did not have a lot of free days to wait around. I needed it done by a specific date.
The company I bought it from said they can’t get a Simonis cloth as none are available.
Simply telling my Diamond experience.

What happened to the GC4?

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I didn’t give up. I did what I was comfortable with. I didn’t want the same people back regardless. I didn’t want to wait for Diamond. I did not have a lot of free days to wait around. I needed it done by a specific date.
The company I bought it from said they can’t get a Simonis cloth as none are available.

Gotcha. I will give an update on my experience. I have no complaints at all with the delivery, setup, leveling. It is just not a new table, as I paid for (obviously from the pics).

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gotcha. I will give an update on my experience. I have no complaints at all with the delivery, setup, leveling. It is just not a new table, as I paid for (obviously from the pics).
Matt Suite comes recommended. My buddy is getting a Professional purchased/delivered/set by Matt sometime this month. Will follow up.

Last edited:

Nyquil

What happened to the GC4?
Diamond doesn't put stickers on new tables. I would call diamond to sort this out if they referred you to the installer. What's the deal with the cloth is it used? Should come with new 860hr....

realkingcobra

Silver Member

0NVQnK5.jpg

zxEILKV.jpg

If I had wanted a tournament used table I would have asked a good friend of mine Julian Robertson with Accustats, who offered to find me one at a tournament. That is NOT what I wanted or asked for.
Sorry, but that is a new ProAm, but its been damaged during delivery. There's no way in hell Diamond would use that set of rails in any event. Look in the ball return box for dirt build up from being used, if the neoprene the balls roll on looks clean, that's because it's a new table. Find out how, and who is responsible for damaging the rails.

Those set of rails would have NEVER left the factory in that condition, new or used!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The skirt … Aramith outline lettering
I've sold plenty of new Diamonds that had stickers on them, but at the request of the customer, removed them before delivery😉 but those rails are damaged, not in that condition because of being used😉

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Sorry, but that is a new ProAm, but its been damaged during delivery. There's no way in hell Diamond would use that set of rails in any event. Look in the ball return box for dirt build up from being used, if the neoprene the balls roll on looks clean, that's because it's a new table. Find out how, and who is responsible for damaging the rails.

Those set of rails would have NEVER left the factory in that condition, new or used!
If that is new then I certainly bought the wrong table. Who wants sticker residue all over the side skirts? It is on the head, end, and on either end of the sides. Not sure why a company would even put non-permanent stickers on a new table (of other companies) unless they were requested to. I certainly did not want them, as when the stickers wear out you are left with what is pictured (in trying to remove them). If I had bought a tournament used table, I would have expected them. It is why I reached out to Diamond directly for a quote on a NEW table.

No way I will ever buy another one.

My 15 yr old GC IV looked better after thousands of uses.

LCuyowq.jpg

Rospaw1966

No way in heck that is a new table with that 2' long Aramith sticker that has been poorly removed on it. Pis^^d would be an understatement if i arrived home to a new table, purchased from a dealer and it was a demo/used table. I don't see HOW the installer left the table in that condition. It would have been back on the truck with another delivery date.
Glen, would you have left the table?

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
If that is new then I certainly bought the wrong table. Who wants sticker residue all over the side skirts? It is on the head, end, and on either end of the sides. Not sure why a company would even put non-permanent stickers on a new table (of other companies) unless they were requested to. I certainly did not want them, as when the stickers wear out you are left with what is pictured (in trying to remove them). If I had bought a tournament used table, I would have expected them. It is why I reached out to Diamond directly for a quote on a NEW table.

No way I will ever buy another one.

My 15 yr old GC IV looked better after thousands of uses.

LCuyowq.jpg
That GC4 looks completely epic.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No way in heck that is a new table with that 2' long Aramith sticker that has been poorly removed on it. Pis^^d would be an understatement if i arrived home to a new table, purchased from a dealer and it was a demo/used table. I don't see HOW the installer left the table in that condition. It would have been back on the truck with another delivery date.
Glen, would you have left the table?
I wouldn't have even shown up with those damaged rails on a table!