One Pocket is so slow....

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
Every 1P match I have watched is at light speed compared to the state championship 8B tourney I tried to watch yesterday.
No clock and some are obviously using slow play as a tactic or else they are waiting for balls to hatch.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1P is so slow that the factory new 5 balls start out purple and fade to orange before the rack is over.

I found out that the factory tests all balls before selling them. So they start with the standard purple 5 balls and by the time a rack of 1P is over with the purple has transitioned into its final color of orange.

All these purple 5 balls are just unripe orange baby 5 balls.

Who knew?

soyale

1P is so slow that the factory new 5 balls start out purple and fade to orange before the rack is over.

I found out that the factory tests all balls before selling them. So they start with the standard purple 5 balls and by the time a rack of 1P is over with the purple has transitioned into its final color of orange.

All these purple 5 balls are just unripe orange baby 5 balls.

Who knew?

what happens when the 5 goes too long and spoils? Does it turn cyan?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what happens when the 5 goes too long and spoils? Does it turn cyan?
That’s one hypothesis. We haven’t had the necessary time yet to see a ripe orange 5 ball spoil. Back at the lab they are experimenting with accelerating the aging process to see what happens to orange 5 balls.

All that is certain is they start at purple for at least 1 rack of 1P and are orange by the end of the initial rack. There just isn’t time for 2 racks in our lifetimes to see the result after the 2nd rack. Our great great grandkids might have the opportunity to see the organic result in the field. We can only see lab results given our life expectancies.

If the lab can somehow manage a notable change from orange to cyan I’ll report their findings here. That is if I live long enough. 1P and getting ripe 5 balls is slow…..

Best
Fatboy 🤓🤓

soyale

That’s one hypothesis. We haven’t had the necessary time yet to see a ripe orange 5 ball spoil. Back at the lab they are experimenting with accelerating the aging process to see what happens to orange 5 balls.

All that is certain is they start at purple for at least 1 rack of 1P and are orange by the end of the initial rack. There just isn’t time for 2 racks in our lifetimes to see the result after the 2nd rack. Our great great grandkids might have the opportunity to see the organic result in the field. We can only see lab results given our life expectancies.

If the lab can somehow manage a notable change from orange to cyan I’ll report their findings here. That is if I live long enough. 1P and getting ripe 5 balls is slow…..

Best
Fatboy 🤓🤓

maybe just rub some milk on it. It seems to work pretty well for tips?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I started a one hole set the same day a cousin got busted…he did his time, turned his life around, got married, got three kids.

I’m now two up in the four ahead I started when he went to jail… his oldest kid is bringing me some lunch….WTH…he’s taller than me now!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started a one hole set the same day a cousin got busted…he did his time, turned his life around, got married, got three kids.

I’m now two up in the four ahead I started when he went to jail… his oldest kid is bringing me some lunch….WTH…he’s taller than me now!
So who’s shot is it?😂😂

soyale

B79AE99B-780C-4EF9-AAC7-2A865BF2FEF1.jpeg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D590D801-1FB8-4125-AAB6-1E1CF700DF9A.jpeg

One pocket HOF dinner, Keith was asking who’s turn it is. Harry was staking him last I heard, they posted silver certificate cash.

Edit: this was just a random pic in my phone I came across. It’s never been seen since I took it by anyone until now.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not being a 1P player, I'm not sure why these jokes just jumped into my mind yesterday. But here they are... Please add any of yours.

One Pocket is so slow....

...One time, I air-barreled $500 on a 1P game...

...I lost but could cover the bet because by then my Social Security had kicked-in!

Jeff Livingston
9 and 8 ball are for the mentally challenged and retarded grade school dropouts.