Best Solutions for Removing Grease Stains Off Of Simonis 860HR Cloth?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As hard as we try to enforce our not eating while playing rule (and we manage do a pretty good job of it) sometimes it happens. Also, you can’t force people to go wash their hands after eating before they play, so it inevitably happens.

Does anyone have any remedies of what has worked for them in best trying to get out or at least minimize these (most likely grease) stains? Unfortunately, I often don’t notice them until the next day, when they’ve already been on there for a while. Thanks

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As hard as we try to enforce our not eating while playing rule (and we manage do a pretty good job of it) sometimes it happens. Also, you can’t force people to go wash their hands after eating before they play, so it inevitably happens.

Does anyone have any remedies of what has worked for them in best trying to get out or at least minimize these (most likely grease) stains? Unfortunately, I often don’t notice them until the next day, when they’ve already been on there for a while. Thanks
Try Woolite(1 capful in a gallon of water) first. Use a microfiber cloth. Might also try Dawn diluted same way. Be sure to vac first.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Woolite(1 capful in a gallon of water) first. Use a microfiber cloth. Might also try Dawn diluted same way. Be sure to vac first.
When doing that, how wet do you get that area of stain on the cloth and how vigorously do you rub it in to the cloth with the microfiber cloth? I guess a concern is when it dries, does the entire area you wet down look different? If so, perhaps the entire table surface needs to be wet / rubbed down with the same solution?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buffalo used some carpet cleaning place when some jackass stained his new cloth. Give James a call and ask him about it

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When doing that, how wet do you get that area of stain on the cloth and how vigorously do you rub it in to the cloth with the microfiber cloth? I guess a concern is when it dries, does the entire area you wet down look different? If so, perhaps the entire table surface needs to be wet / rubbed down with the same solution?
Yep I would do the entire table with the Woolite solution. It probably won’t all come out, but when the entire table is done the color will match throughout. Hope that makes sense. It makes an even fade, and scrubbing with cleaner will make it fade a bit. It may sound crazy, but I tend to like tournament blue cloth better when it‘s faded some.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how this would work on Simonis , but you might try it on an old scrap first. My Dad owned a dry cleaning biz when I was growing up. Remember I had gotten a small amount of grease on my dress khaki's before going some place. He stopped by an auto parts store and bought a can of un- chlorinated brake cleaner and sprayed the stain out of the pants. Took about 15 seconds of spraying time and about a minuet for it all to dry. He told me the stuff was the same as dry cleaning fluid. I've done this on many occasions in my life since that time. Again I would try it out on an old scrap before heading to the table. Good Luck.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep I would do the entire table with the Woolite solution. It probably won’t all come out, but when the entire table is done the color will match throughout. Hope that makes sense. It makes an even fade, and scrubbing with cleaner will make it fade a bit. It may sound crazy, but I tend to like tournament blue cloth better when it‘s faded some.
Woolite won't fade it. Folks, its made for CLEANING WOOL. I cleaned a friends table with it a while back and it looked great after. Be sure to vac first so dust/chalk don't turn to mud.

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
These work great!
_2505_Little_Green_Pro_A+_Content_Secondary_01.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how this would work on Simonis , but you might try it on an old scrap first. My Dad owned a dry cleaning biz when I was growing up. Remember I had gotten a small amount of grease on my dress khaki's before going some place. He stopped by an auto parts store and bought a can on un chlorinated brake cleaner and sprayed the stain out of the pants. Took about 15 seconds of spraying time and about a minuet for it all to dry. He told me the stuff was the same as dry cleaning fluid. I've done this on many occasions in my life since that time. Again I would try it out on an old scrap before heading to the table. Good Luck.
This. I've used Brakleen on my Simonis after a buddy tapped his sweaty forehead on the bed after a miss. It left a nice grease spot on the cloth. I sprayed a little Brakleen on a microfiber and dabbed it on the cloth. It came right out and it dries quickly.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never tried the chlorinated cleaner before, but after thinking about it, probably okay to use. I like the idea of using it with the microfiber towel as an applicator instead of spraying it directly on to the cloth as well. Again , would use only after trying on an old piece of cloth.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This. I've used Brakleen on my Simonis after a buddy tapped his sweaty forehead on the bed after a miss. It left a nice grease spot on the cloth. I sprayed a little Brakleen on a microfiber and dabbed it on the cloth. It came right out and it dries quickly.
What is the difference between chlorinated and non-chlorinated brake cleaner? Which one would be better for Removing stains from Simonis cloth, and why?

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the difference between chlorinated and non-chlorinated brake cleaner? Which one would be better for Removing stains from Simonis cloth, and why?
Chlorinated will melt the heck out of some types of plastic. But I'd be careful about getting either on anything but the cloth. And agree about just dabbing some on with a cloth, rather than spraying. And, I'd try them out on a scrap of Simonis first, to make sure they don't remove the color. Can't hurt to be cautious. :)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You might consider a steam cleaner. I used mine to remove a water stain in the headliner of my car after the sunroof drain tube got plugged and we had a thunderstorm. I used distilled water in the steamer and clean microfiber cloths. Did a great job and no more stain. Here is a link and we have the Neat model here at home. This thing is the nuts BTW.. We do floors, our car windows, all sorts of stuff, does an amazing job on the interior of the windshield! No chemicals either, just steam heat and the cloth

Here is a link.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After checking back in my memories and thought processes , (LOL) and looking into what Rexus31 stated about the Brake Kleen Green Can product, here's what I remember. Non Chlorinated cleaner is the only thing I would advise. The green can is their (Brake Kleen) Non Chlorinated product. With the chlorine added the product would act as a bleach , much like Clorox and might bleach the cloth like when Ty dieing. If you chose to try this as a fix, make sure to
use the Non Chlorinated product

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
OP asked about REMOVING GREASE. This thing won't do it.
What makes you say that? It comes with two concentrated cleaning solutions and they seem to work great from my experience. You've tried a Bissell and had poor results? Or you are just talking out your butt?