how are ya'll doing in league ?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Frustrated...

Lost to a SL3 tonight. No shame in losing, to anyone, let alone a 3. She played well. My captain and other teammates made it a point to say that they all felt she should be a 4, but thats no matter. She was strong for a 3, but not way out of line, bubble player perhaps. It happens. I still should have controlled the match better.

I have no right to feel this way, and thats even more frustrating. I dont practice, why should I feel that I should be playing better than I am...

Sigh. Pool is tough.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My inhouse Fargo handicapped 9 ball team has left the cellar LOL
We were in first place last session and won the playoffs as well (the league has two payouts, top teams end of session and a separate pool for top two teams in playoffs), this session we were averaging 1.2 wins a week out of 4 games, so basically were 1 - 3 each week.
The past two weeks we were 4-0 winners vs the first place team and yesterday won 2-2.

My match was a doozy, it was a 5-2 race, 550 Fargo vs someone a bit under 400. He won the first game. I'm now at a 5-1 race, oops. I won the next 5 with a two rack run in there also, almost had a run of 3 to finish the set but I thought too much about position and shot before I was ready, putting the cueball right in the middle of either of my options LOL

With the playoffs coming up soon I hope the team gets it together, we have had some bad loses for even the other decent player on my team with playing bad position or trying for way hard shots vs playing safe.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I play in a BCA sanctioned league out of the old Freezer's Ice House out here in Arizona. We are a "middle of the pack" team, but I transitioned from the team sub to a regular player on the team and we have edged above .500. Got to win the final rack for a hill-hill win for the team this week. That always feels good.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i been on a good streak, beating all the 6s i played this season who beat me before,
a few good 47,46 bca nights, table run here bnr there. had a little rougher time last night just 3 wins, totally dogged a table run and a wide open bnr, last week i started with a bnr and then dogged a second and a table run that night ,
more ups than downs is what im going for. always working on controlling emotions better and keeping the game face on when im up

getting more higher straight pool runs as well in the last week than ive had in a while

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I was berating myself this week for "getting lazy" towards the end of a run. I had struggled earlier in the night, but was starting to get into a little groove. Ran down to a 20 degree cut on my last ball before the 8 and the 8 was going to be easy. I just got down and assumed my contact point was correct and dogged the shot. I think I need to stop feeling like "of course, they are going to go in" and actually take every shot seriously.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I was berating myself this week for "getting lazy" towards the end of a run. I had struggled earlier in the night, but was starting to get into a little groove. Ran down to a 20 degree cut on my last ball before the 8 and the 8 was going to be easy. I just got down and assumed my contact point was correct and dogged the shot. I think I need to stop feeling like "of course, they are going to go in" and actually take every shot seriously.

you have to shoot with confidence , i heard a local 700+ player say once
. but some tricky ones tend to go more(for me) when you take a good minute looking at it. i had a long ass table jump on an 8 for a table run on an 8ft,couldnt believe the leave but quickly accepted it, lined up for a good long time and drilled it.

and ive totally dogged outs with a 1ft straight stop shot because i saw the finish line, 2 more short stop shots and didnt commit to the shot i was on, i couldnt stop myself to take a few practice strokes, one stroked and missed god awfully

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I think I just have a problem finding that sweet spot between confidence and over-confidence.

I've said it a thousand times. I really just need to play more.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
So not sure if I want our APA team to win in Vegas today. My flight got cancelled yesterday. Now I can’t get out there until late tomorrow. World Championship starts today. If our team loses we get moved to losers bracket and won’t play again until 2pm Saturday. If we win we have another match tomorrow at 2. And tomorrow starts single elimination.

I’d like to at least be there for a match. Even if I don’t play. I’m torn on this one.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm starting to get annoyed with how my proficiency with my off hand is trending. Last 3 wks I've managed a 54 (max 85.., 5 games w/ 10pts for win + 1 pt for each opponent ball).

I've reached a point that I'm trying to develop some more CB control, rather than rolling through everything. On shorter distances I'm ok, but once the range opens up the flaws in my left handed stroke are very apparent. I know my problem is effort. I only play off handed on league night, but I don't want my normal game to suffer so I refrain from using the left at any other time.

The goal was to reach a 10avg for the summer season, and I'm heading in that direction. However it's getting increasingly frustrating to leave points on the table.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I'm starting to get annoyed with how my proficiency with my off hand is trending. Last 3 wks I've managed a 54 (max 85.., 5 games w/ 10pts for win + 1 pt for each opponent ball).

I've reached a point that I'm trying to develop some more CB control, rather than rolling through everything. On shorter distances I'm ok, but once the range opens up the flaws in my left handed stroke are very apparent. I know my problem is effort. I only play off handed on league night, but I don't want my normal game to suffer so I refrain from using the left at any other time.

The goal was to reach a 10avg for the summer season, and I'm heading in that direction. However it's getting increasingly frustrating to leave points on the table.
Why did you decide to switch hands?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Well scratch that good streak I lost to 3 300s and a 450 tonight

4-11 on bca this week 🙄
Feel like I'm never gonna get north of 500 again

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Why did you decide to switch hands?
Challenge more than anything, but as a bit of a lark as well. I don't ever play in summer leagues, but my winter team was going to play this year. The summer sessions are shorter, have less teams, and the handicapping stands alone so it won't effect my 'regular' competitive league standing. I was asked if I wanted to play and agreed under the condition that I would only play with my off hand.

There are rare circumstances wherein being able to shoot left handed is an advantage. However I'm very steady with a mechanical bridge so this almost moot.

Overal I've picked it up well enough to convince the uninformed rail bird that I'm actually left handed. Even those that know me tend to forget what I'm doing until someone reminds them...lol. I just don't play anywhere near my normal spd when doing so.

It's funny... Last Wednesday one of the players from the team we were up against was complaining about playing me as being a lose/lose situation. If they win it's only because I'm shooting with my left. If I win it's demoralizing for them apparently....lol

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Well I'm sitting in the Toronto airport waiting or my flight to Vegas.

If anyone is going to be at the Westgate for the next handful of days. I'll be playing in the masters. "Canada State Champs"

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Well the competition is tough in high level Vegas minis. I’m 1/2 against 680’s. But Just had to play this dude. Is he even allowed in APA with that fargorate? That’s like a top 100 in the country rating. I got 1 on him. Could’ve had 2/3 but I choked on a couple safes. Failed to lock him up tight enough.

Attachments

• 69DBE7A7-4C4E-4C18-A2F2-23E2305CFA63.png
    69DBE7A7-4C4E-4C18-A2F2-23E2305CFA63.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 59

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Well the competition is tough in high level Vegas minis. I’m 1/2 against 680’s. But Just had to play this dude. Is he even allowed in APA with that fargorate? That’s like a top 100 in the country rating. I got 1 on him. Could’ve had 2/3 but I choked on a couple safes. Failed to lock him up tight enough.

ernesto bayaua plays on apa teams/singles, has a team of 700s for his masters team
so yeah seems like 700s are allowed in lol

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
He's a monster alright.

I'm surprised he is playing in any league system.