Masters, triangle chalk becoming outdated

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having read, some of the long running thread on taom chalk.

I personally love the old masters stuff. I know SVB uses it. And ronnie and judd, still use the green triangle In snooker.
My question is: how many like myself still use it? Or have you moved over to the modern stuff?

Greg M

I'm using green Taom 2.0 for pressed tips and green Triangle/Master for laminated tips.

I'm finding Master to be a little messier and pastier than Triangle, but it seems to adhere better to the laminated tips, so I think I'll stick with that on my ADR147 tip on my current English pool cue. For my upcoming Century C3 tip, I might try out Taom V10 or just stick with regular Triangle.

phreaticus

Yikes, another chalk related thread. I tried Taom v10 and all the things said about it are true. But I prefer older grainer stuff, Russian Magic for home and whatever is on the table at my poolhalls/bars. For nerdy reasons that I explained in that crazy Taom thread. I'm tapped out on such a minor subject. The dude above who commented on folks needing to concentrate on stroke/game vs minor BS - is spot on IMO. But, as we age, we seem to have more time on our hands and can't play pool allllllll day... (in my case, boring work meetings give way to mindless dribble on AZB). Hoping when I retire, I won't turn into a full time forum junkie myself... almost as bad as gardening or shuffle board...

soyale

masters for sure.

unless you have your own table or play in some other such pristine condition you are going to be dealing with masters dust all over everything no matter what you do. also, it works very well.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
masters for sure.

unless you have your own table or play in some other such pristine condition you are going to be dealing with masters dust all over everything no matter what you do. also, it works very well.
I do use my own table. And I chalk a lot. Its part of the shot routine. And the dust finds its way into all corners of the room. Using the simonis pad though, to brush the cloth, keeps it, from getting too much of a build up underneath!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I use V-10 the One Round I bought for Pool, lady’s and lasts.🥳🥳🥳

For 3-C with house Cue it is Master Blue, or Light Green I use.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Having read, some of the long running thread on taom chalk.

I personally love the old masters stuff. I know SVB uses it. And ronnie and judd, still use the green triangle In snooker.
My question is: how many like myself still use it? Or have you moved over to the modern stuff?
Master and Triangle are the best value in chalk

Unfortunately, people think paying 100x for a cube of chalk will make them a better player.

"Swipe, swipe, shoot" still works for the pros, and has worked for 100+ years

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Master and Triangle are the best value in chalk

Unfortunately, people think paying 100x for a cube of chalk will make them a better player.

"Swipe, swipe, shoot" still works for the pros, and has worked for 100+ years

Have you tried V-10 ever? If your tried did you notice any difference.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yikes, another chalk related thread. I tried Taom v10 and all the things said about it are true. But I prefer older grainer stuff, Russian Magic for home and whatever is on the table at my poolhalls/bars. For nerdy reasons that I explained in that crazy Taom thread. I'm tapped out on such a minor subject. The dude above who commented on folks needing to concentrate on stroke/game vs minor BS - is spot on IMO. But, as we age, we seem to have more time on our hands and can't play pool allllllll day... (in my case, boring work meetings give way to mindless dribble on AZB). Hoping when I retire, I won't turn into a full time forum junkie myself... almost as bad as gardening or shuffle board...
Gardening is not bad if you can mix a little pool in.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN2622.jpg
    DSCN2622.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 94