Bergman ran a 19-pack, I think it's the highest package on video.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar box, 9-ball, template rack and soft breaking? Hard to believe anyone would want to play a professional caliber player in those conditions. I know it’s still a strong performance but it’s also hard not to roll your eyes a little.

may have been the opponent's terms though

i don't like bb pool but one has to acknowledge that this is super strong!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Screenshot_2022-11-12-11-23-08-349.jpg

phreaticus

Truly amazing feat but with the template rack the wing ball is wired not as impressive as what they could do in the old days
Jmho
Icbw
I don’t know about that. In barbox world, in my mind a template rack on a modern Diamond table is about a wash with old Valley table bucket pockets & a triangle.

Super fun to watch such smooth & loose playing. Someone should host a barbox hi rack run challenge event, similar to the 14.1 hi run stuff… Same “ideal” conditions for all, let it rip.

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play here all the time and the owner is a good friend and fellow poster. The table is a standard, worn in, Diamond bar table. No gaff, not new cloth, no changes to the pocket angles. The run was 18 break and runs starting at 13-26 score. The run ended with Justin playing a safety on the 1 ball after the break.

The players were gambling with Justin spotting another good player 25 games going to 50 for at least $1k. This was not an exhibition. The players agreed to template rack with the 2 in the back. There was no pattern racking beyond the 2 at the rear. During the run, Justin banked a couple balls and made one long combo. His opponent conceded the nine ball at least twice during the run.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think SVB did over 20. Issue with a high run is that if you are in a tournament none of them would require a run over 11 or something to win.

I guess you can keep counting what happens the next match.

Someone once asked Parica what his high straight pool run was, and he said 125. Why that? Because once you do that you win the match, and he stops shooting LOL

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
19 is awesome and he's a beast but there's no comparing template versus no template. They're completely different ballgames. The template is equivalent to batting .750, but off a tee.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Souquet has a huge package he ran years ago. Was 8B, I can’t remember how many but it was a big number.

Glad to see Berg in good form. I’ve always liked his game and especially for the cash. Happy he got this on video. Pretty cool.

Best
Fatboy😃

tomatoshooter

The players agreed to template rack with the 2 in the back.
Doesn't the rear ball typically go uptable, just the 1 does when it misses the side pocket? Is the idea to give the breaker the best chance to get a run started? My break isn't consistent enough to study and exploit this but there should be a pattern that sends consecutive balls to opposite ends of the table at least somewhat reliably.

CanadianGuy

it would be nice to apply a little factual analysis to the difficulty / probability of this run

can someone provide an accurate B&R probability on a single rack under these conditions?

all things being equal,
at 60%.....that's a probability of 0.006% to run 19 racks

Shaw likely has easier odds trying to run another 700-800

Nick8400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to pin down the exact #. Dave has run so many packages over 10rks its just insane. Just recently a friend was in Olathe for a tourn. He saw Dave put two 11's and a 13 on a guy while giving up a pretty good spot. Mind you Dave is almost 70 now. Fkng stout is all i can tell 'ya.
I feel like I should take a road trip to watch Dave play. He is such an icon.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it would be nice to apply a little factual analysis to the difficulty / probability of this run

can someone provide an accurate B&R probability on a single rack under these conditions?

all things being equal,
at 60%.....that's a probability of 0.006% to run 19 racks

Shaw likely has easier odds trying to run another 700-800
I agree with your premise. But to get a little finer tuned.

At the Asian Open in the finals Aranas broke and ran 9 of 12 of his breaks (and lost) and Ko won the event with 6 of his 12 racks being table runs. I recall that was also 9-ball on a 9 foot table with a template rack, no break box, and the 3 point rule in place. So that was 75% for Aranas and 63% between them.

Take that down to a bar box without a 3 point rule, I’m thinking the break and run likelihood could be closer to 80% under those conditions for a 800 Fargo. That would be 1.4% chance of occurring.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I could not run this amount as I am into my early 70's now. I do find it somewhat underwhelming.. One, because I am not a fan of bar boxes and never have been.. Two, because it is nine ball on a bar box. Nonetheless it is quite an accomplishment on his part; but I would be far more impressed if it had been on a standard nine foot Diamond..
JMO!

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin is 1 of the few top players i have seen playing with kielwood shaft as well. Wonder who maker of his is?