Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This exact problem is why 14.1 is more exciting than Chess.
A computer can easily calculate chess moves, but to evaluate pool positions it would freeze up.

The only way to verify a 14.1 practice record is against an AI trained to read 14.1 table patterns.
On top of being completely misinformed about the abilities of AI to confirm or deny a pool run, this is also completely nihilistic because there is no such thing as an AI model trained to read 14.1 table patterns and perhaps never will be.

It goes to show how bizarre your dreamworld is that you think AI is the "only" way to confirm this. Apparently watching it in person doesn't count.

telinoz

Registered
On top of being completely misinformed about the abilities of AI to confirm or deny a pool run, this is also completely nihilistic because there is no such thing as an AI model trained to read 14.1 table patterns and perhaps never will be.

It goes to show how bizarre your dreamworld is that you think AI is the "only" way to confirm this. Apparently watching it in person doesn't count.
He has spent too much time on YouTube.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Good points, how many people were in attendance for JSch and Jsha 14.1 records?

Theoretically a computer could evaluate if the positions played out as they should.

The most common issue in speed chess is when a player plays an illegal position and the game continues because no one notices. In 14.1 high runs, its unclear if a practice table is trained to have balls roll illegally. The problem can be solved by computer analysis of the runout.

Evaluating a 14.1 high run with computer analysis has not been done because the BCA can't afford it. I am working as fast as I can on the routine and solved some basic issues. I am the only person working on the 14.1 high run analyzer. The second problem is to have a camera with a high enough FPS to film the run.

I was going to sell it as an app to help new players "identify" the right shots to play, but you forced my hand attempting to discredit me.

If you have the know how you can help with 14.1 analyzer programming. I broke it down into distinct parts and have been posting in the 14.1 section.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good points, how many people were in attendance for JSch and Jsha 14.1 records?

Theoretically a computer could evaluate if the positions played out as they should.

The most common issue in speed chess is when a player plays an illegal position and the game continues because no one notices. In 14.1 high runs, its unclear if a practice table is trained to have balls roll illegally. The problem can be solved by computer analysis of the runout.

Evaluating a 14.1 high run with computer analysis has not been done because the BCA can't afford it. I am working as fast as I can on the routine and solved some basic issues. I am the only person working on the 14.1 high run analyzer. The second problem is to have a camera with a high enough FPS to film the run.

I was going to sell it as an app to help new players "identify" the right shots to play, but you forced my hand attempting to discredit me.

If you have the know how you can help with 14.1 analyzer programming. I broke it down into distinct parts and have been posting in the 14.1 section.

Don’t recall exactly how many watched Jayson’s run in person but I believe there were several, to include Bobby who was racking and a tech or two working the recording and stream.

As to your 14.1 analysis — if we can call it that — you make sweeping statements about the task without an ounce of evidence, data, or in-depth analysis. To me, you sound like a 20 ball runner trying to solve a 100 ball runner problem.

Lou Figueroa

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
5f6bf46c6eb51.jpeg

justnum

Silver Member
@Dan Harriman and @xradarx do you want to form the committee of proper 14.1 high run specifications?
We can hold a vote and adjust policies annually.

The current BCA organization is not equipped to address the problems of today's technology based on their upbringing in regards to authentication standards for 14.1 high run record.

I can set up a permanent office in NY to make it sound impressive. Do you prefer a NYC address or a Westchester address? Westchester is home of the Xmen and highest per capita region of the US.

I can also set up a free google site to make it look more official.
Let me know what titles are proper for the roles we have played on the thread.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If a sports achievement is possible or a high standard then subsequent generations should be able to match or beat.

In basketball, players jump higher and for longer amounts of time.
In baseball, players throw faster and hit farther.

In pool, players are still bounded by an unknown law that can't allow for a high run at the BCA quoted value. There is a lot of math involved that boils down to if its too good to be true than it isn't.

Statistically there have been enough 14.1 attempts to show the record is baloney.
By your criteria you are also claiming that Mosconi's run is also not legit, case closed.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Same to you dullard.
This thread has never been about Bobby nor Jayson.
Push your jschmidty nuthugger bullshit somewhere else.
The BCA is nuthugger bullshit, too, and has very little to do with any pocket pool, much less 14.1 Continuous.
Carry out 1179 or so.
Don't you think it is time to expand your vocabulary beyond "nuthugger"??? Its hard to believe your posts are serious when you only use 1 word.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
save yer proclamations for another - u have no new knowledge to adorn me with - are u able to read? I said I was 'bca's Master instructor' - so please try to respond accordingly - if u live locally - how is yer little bar league play goin lol. U can send me a private message with yer real name? if u want to get a cup of mocha joe, I may or may not respond. I am learning that there are alot of cowards and fake people on social media? Also makes sense that u promote nine ball on yer avatar - I bet u play mean game of tick tac toe.
Jim Baker
PBIA Master Instructor
Member of the SPF Family
(573) 433-0386
E-mail: 1jbcuerepair@gmail.com

I made it bold so you can see it ! I copied it from signature line below

I promote the game of pool, 9 ball was my favorite game when I made this account, love straight pool even though I don't play it much anymore. High run of 151, not as impressive as your high run though.

I haven't played league in a few years, not challenging enough for me here.

I don't play tick tack toe, but I do play a respectable game of 8 ball, 9 ball and 10 ball.

justnum

Silver Member
@Dan Harriman If you need to release a book called the Harriman method of 14.1 high runs, I moonlight as a ghostwriter.

Just say the word and you can promote your own championship teachings over a standardized instructional method. I dont do it for the money, its about the anonymity.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
save yer proclamations for another - u have no new knowledge to adorn me with - are u able to read? I said I was 'bca's Master instructor' - so please try to respond accordingly - if u live locally - how is yer little bar league play goin lol. U can send me a private message with yer real name? if u want to get a cup of mocha joe, I may or may not respond. I am learning that there are alot of cowards and fake people on social media? Also makes sense that u promote nine ball on yer avatar - I bet u play mean game of tick tac toe.

like those that block people who call others out on their bullshet?
sound familiar to ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.