Personally most annoying thing in pool.

Zerksies

Whining about other players wearing gloves is manly?

Reminds me of a guy sitting alone at the end of the bar, drinking a beer, years ago. No one wanted to bother with him or talk to him. He kept bitching about the new trend of baseball players wearing gloves while at bat.
Not whining at all. I don't get the allure of wearing one. I'd like see a real reason as to why you need to wear one.

You glove wearers get really offended over a piece of fabric.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bangers playing beside me

What Gets me is when a banger picks a table to hit balls on, with 16 empty tables in a room to play on and plays right besides me, I get sick and tired off having to wait on them shoot a shot while I'm in a game , seems like they would know better, but I guess they just (the banger) wants to be noticed, well they are noticed, as an idiot!

David Harcrow
I've seen this one for ever. Don't have a clue why people do this , but in a room empty of players and all the tables empty except the one I'm playing on , the above happens. I have at times , gathered the balls up from the table and move 4 or more table away to try and escape such.

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with CF and I don’t really care for gloves and I hate powder. I’ll very rarely use a glove. The cue just feels better in my hand without one. My hands never sweat and if they get a little dirty and it feels like the cue isn’t moving as freely as I want it to, I just go wash my hands and problem solved.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second most annoying thing in pool is trying to practice by yourself and people constantly trying to talk to you and ask you questions when you are trying to get in quality time at the table. I've actually had people following me around the table...and I listen to ipod sometimes and people literally tap on shoulder to ask a question...I told them..." These ear buds are in for a reason "...it is like a "do not disturb" sign on a motel room door!!
What if the person is tapping you on the shoulder to inform you that there is a guy at another table shooting people?

The thing that annoys me the most is when I'm in a pool hall and everyone is wearing a glove and using a wood shaft, then some a-hole walks in with a carbon fiber shaft and no glove and struts around like he's the lord of the manor.

Zerksies

I play with CF and I don’t really care for gloves and I hate powder. I’ll very rarely use a glove. The cue just feels better in my hand without one. My hands never sweat and if they get a little dirty and it feels like the cue isn’t moving as freely as I want it to, I just go wash my hands and problem solved.
You are not alone on this one

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it would be playing a match against someone who is not paying attention. You try to call something and have to wait for them to acknowledge you, which could take some time. Then the come and ask, "do i have stripes or solids?" Maybe if you paid attention and you wouldn't need to ask. That and people who smoke during their match, especially short races. Smoke before and after your match. I have seen people take multiple smoke breaks in a race to 3 bar box 8 ball tournament. It holds the tournament up.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It annoys me when a league player needs to blame every loss on sandbaggers.
Or whenever a higher ranked player loses a match to a lower ranked player, and they complain to me (as TD) about that player being ranked too low.

Like a lesser skilled player isn’t capable of catching a gear and making enough balls to win a couple of games against a better player, once in a while.

dquarasr

Registered
not as annoying but still is
the physics professors that must go over each shot after , oh man i needed more top, should have used more inside . i was trying to get there and this and that

Uh, oh. Ok, I’ll try to stop doing that.

My pet peeve: large guys who show 4-5 inches of butt crack when they get down on a shot. I have to look away.

But I do have a double standard. It’s ok for a hot female to do so. Showing cleavage is ok, too.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Uh, oh. Ok, I’ll try to stop doing that.

My pet peeve: large guys who show 4-5 inches of butt crack when they get down on a shot. I have to look away.

But I do have a double standard. It’s ok for a hot female to do so. Showing cleavage is ok, too.
Thank you.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Or whenever a higher ranked player loses a match to a lower ranked player, and they complain to me (as TD) about that player being ranked too low.

Like a lesser skilled player isn’t capable of catching a gear and making enough balls to win a couple of games against a better player, once in a while.
Ha... that literally just happened to me. The two leagues in my room partnered up for a charity tourney. It was handicapped and although according the flawless "equalizer" system I was playing another '7', I had to give him 3 games on the wire in a seven game race....lol.

I went up 2-0 but then missed a couple. An 8b break and four consecutive flukes in the next rack put me out at 2-4...lol. Best player won that one for sure :)

My bad for missing. That said, I'm honestly surprised at the nerve to suggest all APA 7's aren't equal.... lmao

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Not whining at all. I don't get the allure of wearing one. I'd like see a real reason as to why you need to wear one.
Why don't you ask most of the top Euro and American professionals (and many Asian pros as well) why they wear one? Pick out the biggest, meanest-looking, badass player you can find with a glove on and tell him it's not manly of him to wear a glove.

Get back to us and tell us how that goes!

The glove/no glove argument is the stupidest one ever on this forum. I have only seen people wearing a glove criticized in this argument, but have NEVER heard anyone that doesn't wear one catch any flak whatsoever. I just don't comprehend all the hate for the glove. Especially when a very good amount of professionals are now using one, including most of the top-ranked players in the world.

Last edited:

telinoz

Registered
There are a couple of people I play with at my local room and most of the time I decline if I'm by myself and someone I don't know asks if I want to play. Today I was practicing by myself, had already been doing that about 4 hours, and I made the dumb mistake of saying OK when some guy asked if I wanted to play some 8-ball.

This guy spends at least 20 minutes talking for every 5 minutes of pool playing even when I keep telling him it's his shot. He can't talk and shoot at the same time. When it's his shot that's his cue to walk up to the cueball and start talking. Jesus wept!
I would have said, thanks for the game.
Now, I have to get back to practice.

The guy sounds like a deadbeat.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Powder and sweaty hands both make a mess of the cloth. Wearing a glove is not only a benefit to the player but also showing good courtesy to your opponent and all the other players in a poolroom.
I’m the guy who shits up the table with talc, chalk. Like I’ve said before “if it don’t look like Tony Montana’s desk-it’s too clean for me”

Fatboy<——-less than perfect

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Not sure if it was said but what about the old cellophane shark. Guy gets a bag of chips, coffee cake or a twinkie, and right when you get down on the ball he decides to crinkle the living dog shit out of the wrapper or bag. Doesn't even eat it.

Cuedup

Why don't you ask most of the top Euro and American professionals (and many Asian pros as well) why they wear one? Pick out the biggest, meanest-looking, badass player you can find with a glove on and tell him it's not manly of him to wear a glove.

Get back to us and tell us how that goes!

The glove/no glove argument is the stupidest one ever on this forum. I have only seen people wearing a glove criticized in this argument, but have NEVER heard anyone that doesn't wear one catch any flak whatsoever. I just don't comprehend all the hate for the glove. Especially when a very good amount of professionals are now using one, including most of the top-ranked players in the world.
When I started on a league team I had a team mate that mocked the glove. One week he showed up with a cut on his finger, borrowed a glove and has worn one ever since.