20 dollar chalk?? What’s the world coming to?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using masters chalk in either blue or green. Just got green simiones 860 hr, and decided after reading some reviews
About Taom v10 chalk, to buy one piece. I have to say, this is the best chalk i have ever used. No dust, no marks on the cloth, only have to chalk maybe every 3-4 shots. There is no dust anywhere! Just bought another piece from amazon, for the same price. So now with only two pieces of chalk, I’m throwing everything else away, see how long these two will last. I’m thinking quite a long time.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Been using masters chalk in either blue or green. Just got green simiones 860 hr, and decided after reading some reviews
About Taom v10 chalk, to buy one piece. I have to say, this is the best chalk i have ever used. No dust, no marks on the cloth, only have to chalk maybe every 3-4 shots. There is no dust anywhere! Just bought another piece from amazon, for the same price. So now with only two pieces of chalk, I’m throwing everything else away, see how long these two will last. I’m thinking quite a long time.
You will be amazed at how long it lasts. I have been using one for six months and I place it next to a new piece just to see if it has reduced in size. I have been playing a fair amount. The V10 may out last me.

Juan A

Registered
Tex, i use a 1400 dollar pool cue, a 6 thousand dollar pool table, 300 armsmith pool balls, and a 500 dollar break cue. 20 bucks ain’t much my friend. Looks like i should be good for the year for 40 bucks. I will take it.
Lol, thats exactly how I feel. I started using Taom as well for all the same reasons. It is so clean and works great. Keeps my Diamond table and predator Arcos Balls nice and clean. Totally worth it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your table/cue/hands will be substantially cleaner. T10 is not the answer but it's ups there. $20 per.... any used or seconds around?

Nyquil

First time you lose your 20$ chalk will be the last time you buy it.
Not for me I left mine on league on accident. Ordered straight away after I confirmed someone must have snagged mine. I own a table at home and this stuff is a godsend with keeping my return lines clean of chalk residue and my balls/cloth. It's way worth the price especially if you own a ball return table.

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
The one time I purchased "lasts long, don't have to chalk between shots, no dust, etc" chalk I found that it dried out my tips so I gave it away and haven't been tempted away from my Master since.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a counterpoint, I use masters, have been on one cube for at least a year or two, and chalk about every 5 or so shots:)

I only tried one of the high end chalks once about 15 years ago.
Same for me. I carefully razor the paper down as I go and shape my cube as I chalk and it lasts for at least a year. I only chalk every couple of shots.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I hate to get involved in yet another chalk thread but...
I go through a piece of chalk every 3-4 weeks, whether it be Masters, Predator, Triangle, or Blue Diamond.
How often did you Taom users go through a cube of regular chalk, prior to switching?

Jack Fate

14 months now with v 10 ,60% left.
I will say it does at times leaves clumps.
No blue hands or chalk on cue ball is nice

Apparently I’ve drank the kool aid ; )

SpotOn

Registered
I like how I don't have to vacuum my table any longer. When I vacuum the league table every two weeks I get about 2 cubes worth of Master blue chalk in my cordless vacuum. At home I don't get ANY green V-10 dust. The Masters chalk leaves blue marks on the cue ball causing skid and missed shots. With V-10 this never happens. I expect my chalk will last me about 10 years since I have had it a year now and can't see that it is any smaller than when new?

rharm

Registered
I hate to get involved in yet another chalk thread but...
I go through a piece of chalk every 3-4 weeks, whether it be Masters, Predator, Triangle, or Blue Diamond.
How often did you Taom users go through a cube of regular chalk, prior to switching?
How do you go through a piece of chalk in 4 weeks? I have a piece of V10 I've been using for 12 months and still have about 60% left. I think it wears slower than the Blue Diamond and Russian Magic chalk I used before.

telinoz

Registered
Good choice.
They last for a long time, which annoys the people who can't do maths on unit cost over time vs cheaper, crappy, messy, kicking chalk.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Good choice.
They last for a long time, which annoys the people who can't do maths on unit cost over time vs cheaper, crappy, messy, kicking chalk.
Haven't tried it yet is not the same as incapable of doing math, and it's foolish to make that assumption.
I'm quite good at math and have enough money to buy whatever pool accessories I want.
I would like to know by what % the life of a piece of chalk increased for those who switched.
I am considering this chalk because of the claims of it being cleaner on the table, balls, and hands, but longevity is a point of interest.
A piece of normal chalk lasts no longer than a month for me.
How long should I expect a piece of Taom to last?

telinoz

Registered
Haven't tried it yet is not the same as incapable of doing math, and it's foolish to make that assumption.
I'm quite good at math and have enough money to buy whatever pool accessories I want.
I would like to know by what % the life of a piece of chalk increased for those who switched.
I am considering this chalk because of the claims of it being cleaner on the table, balls, and hands, but longevity is a point of interest.
A piece of normal chalk lasts no longer than a month for me.
How long should I expect a piece of Taom to last?
A year, minimum.

And those claims are not claims.
They are fact.
No marks on cueball, table, hands, cue shaft.
Reduction to almost zero for kicks.
This is also why this brand is now dominant in professional Snooker.

I was a big Triangle chalk fan for over 25 years.
Once you get passed hanging onto what you've always used you won't look back.