Full 16 Ball-Tray Slam

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Was at an event in Albuquerque this past month.

What caught my attention was when the weekend night crowd started piling in and match play was about ended. 8-8;30 pm.
There was a group of younger men/women who rented a table.
Before they started.
They took the Full Ball Tray, and slammed it down on to the slate all at once.
Then proceeded to talk about it and giggle/laugh.
About 20 minutes later another group rented another table close by and did the Exact same thing.
In all my years of play, since the sixties, I've only seen this maybe once.
But these kids get all Jacked up with the noise and the pounding sound of 16 balls hitting the slate at all at once.
They thought it was Cool, and their group enjoyed it too. WTF?
Makes me realize why in Philly they trashed their own town after not getting a win, they most likely would of done it even more so if they won.
I heard their hockey fans are the worst after a big game.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What caught my attention was when the weekend night crowd started piling in and match play was about ended. 8-8;30 pm.
Before they started.
About 20 minutes later another group rented another table close by and did the Exact same thing.
But these kids get all Jacked up with the noise and the pounding sound of 16 balls hitting the slate at all at once.
Makes me realize why in Philly they trashed their own town after not getting a win, they most likely would of done it even more so if they won.
The old ball tray dump. I have seen that a lot of times from the night time party/drinking/hangout crowd.

R2PQZ

Before they started.
When that happened where I worked the balls were returned to the tray and the offenders were pointed to the exit.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Before they started.
Another interesting comparison.
Someone is a touch obsessed.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't do it, and I don't support it... But what kind of damage are we really talking about here?

Island Drive

Silver Member
Another interesting comparison.
Someone is a touch obsessed.
I just had too Philly. :)
A moment of opportunity, as you mentioned the hockey crowd in Philly after the big game :).
But growing up around the Chicago Black Hawks (grandpa was the team doctor and my dad played for the hawks farm team then WWII came) and my dads best/lifelong friend Otto Graham was around our life.
I learned in sports how to act properly and mature and take your losses, not this stuff that gets attention for WHAT?
Philly I grew up in Chicago and know very well big city life and it's impacts. Italians :)
I even remember during the Chicago riots as a kid.
Mayor Daly told the rabble rousers ''anyone out past 10pm will be shot''.
The riots ended that night.
Was strong language back in the 60's but people got it and stayed home and riots ended.
Nowadaze seems like everyone is more interested in being in the news and getting on camera for what reason?
If you know riots and damage are coming, get a step ahead of the game.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are we talking a tray slam or tray spill out? the latter would at least have the logic of laziness. i see it quite often.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
This reminds me of the videos showing kids lofting bowling balls half way down the alley and laughing about it.
Kids don't see much outside of their own narrow scope of self-importance.
I would kindly ask them to refrain from dumping the balls like that in the future.
Kids pay the bills at most of the pool rooms I've visited so I don't want to turn them off to the room.
If they do it again they can take their business elsewhere.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most pleasant rooms to play in are the rooms where the owner and housemen insist that you respect the equipment.
These rooms generally have the best equipment and most well maintained equipment.
The cloth is changed out on a regular basis in these rooms.
Drinks on the rail?
One warning.
Sitting on the tables?
One warning.

Island Drive

Silver Member
What was surprising Philly.
The TD was still there as was his staff.
NO one said a thing!
They have nice Diamond 7' in this room, and this action took place right in the main room by the bar 20 feet from the TD's desk?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most pleasant rooms to play in are the rooms where the owner and housemen insist that you respect the equipment.
These rooms generally have the best equipment and most well maintained equipment.
The cloth is changed out on a regular basis in these rooms.
Drinks on the rail?
One warning.
Sitting on the tables?
One warning.
Busy one table bar I frequent has consistently ignored hassling the customers over equipment rules. Things get stained broke, stolen, not a single sign posted. The party must go on.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Before they started.
They really may not have known proper etiquette. Seeing pool in bars where people are just dumbasses is not a good example.

I understand why you wouldn't have wanted to butt in and explain that it damages the cloth, but I like to hope that they weren't shitty enough to be doing it on purpose.

Also it's wild to call out kids for ignorance when you don't know that "would of" is horrible grammar.