Matchroom 2023 UK Open (nineball), 30May-4June, Winner $30K

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really bad sequence from Wolford after winning the safety battle to get ball in hand, hooking himself on a combination and then selling out to another lockdown safety from Fortunski.

yes, bit of a brain fart. did he want to follow it in? no need for that pace with ball in hand.

however there's no doubt wolford is a much improved player!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, bit of a brain fart. did he want to follow it in? no need for that pace with ball in hand.

however there's no doubt wolford is a much improved player!
I don't remember the exact layout but I don't understand why he didn't just slow roll the 1 into the combination ball and then play position off the 1 on the next shot.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Anyone else trying to watch this on sky sports?
The channel that is supposed to carry it is stuck on a 3 second look of dart BS over and over for a couple hours now.
Every other channel works fine.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The juniors final is on the YouTube channel. I'm surprised the 15 year old that made it to the final 16 in the main event got beating in the Jr event.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swap the 4 and 5 ball colors.
Stop referring to balls as "red three, green six" just call them the three ball and the six ball etc.
Stop the endless slow motion replays. Utterly annoying and you can never get in the rhythm of the players by doing this.
Matchroom should watch the Accu-Stats videos and see how you almost never use slow motion replays but if you ever do it, it's AFTER the game not during it!!!

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the finalists Maks Benko is 13 younger than Walter

I watched Maks play in a junior event at my club earlier this year and he is a great talent. He has a great coach, nice parents, who support him, and if he keeps improving at this pace I'm sure we will see a lot of him in the future.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last quarterfinal
"The Killer" Filler v "The Butcher" Fortunski

It is not even close as The Killer usually an assassin uses guns while the Butcher uses cleavers.
The Butcher doesn't have a chance if The Killer is far ahead. On other hand, if The Butcher stays close , The Killer can lose in a close knife fight

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Maks play in a junior event at my club earlier this year and he is a great talent. He has a great coach, nice parents, who support him, and if he keeps improving at this pace I'm sure we will see a lot of him in the future.
I like his 2 stroke style. Amazing that he has only been playing for about 3 years
Kaci is feeling it! Ko ain't afraid! This is high caliber pool!
yes high level. no lead is safe. Multiple momentum shift possible. Just when you think you have break figured out, it fails you.
Tight 4 inch pocket is good. More balls hanging today than men's trapeze competition :LOL:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I like his 2 stroke style. Amazing that he has only been playing for about 3 years

yes high level. no lead is safe. Multiple momentum shift possible. Just when you think you have break figured out, it fails you.
Tight 4 inch pocket is good. More balls hanging today than men's trapeze competition
Guess I jinxed Lil Ko!

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know for certain which semi will be first up? The Matchroom schedule lists Filler - Ko above Kaci - Sky, but I'm not sure that means anything.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s interesting on the post match interview Kaci said he heard the commentators while down on the 9 he missed.