Which Ball Cleaning Machine is the best in the market today?

Daddybear

Registered
Hello guys,
I am looking at purchasing a ball cleaning machine.
I am on Amazon, Seyberts, Ebay, looking at reviews, however there aren't enough reviews for me to set a mind for one...........
Which Ball Cleaning Machine is the best in the market today? Please advise....

Jay Ataka
PBIA Instructor in Los Anegeles

Attachments

• Low Res Photo.JPG
    Low Res Photo.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 110

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have a bludworth for i am guessing 7-10 years
works great
if you do a search you will find advocates of diamond/ballstar and do it yourself

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
For commercial or home use? Ballstar and Diamond work great. Buy extra pads with either so you have them

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
Ballstar.
Very easy to use.
Cleans quickly and thoroughly.
The cleaning pad is very easy and cheap to replace, and there's only one to bother with.
Mine has been around for ages. I do not use it a lot but it never failed. The best on the market is the one that's available ...that's another story. Seybert's was more than fair with shipping costs...not sure how they are today but they have great time after time.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
me too
dont understand those who buy the 8 ball diamond cleaner
at that price especially
8 ball machine .... for 8 ball, 1p or for those that play 1/2 game. I was at a room today that uses a Bloodworth commercially. It is a heavy duty machine that handles 16.
As for 8 at a time... We're talking an extra 5 minutes or less to do the second round. Not deal breaker and takes up less space. 16 is a must have for a commercial setting

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Did you get the pad??
The nozzle pads were sold out everywhere, but I did eventually find some and stocked up!
We have the old style Ballstar machine at the private room I belong to, and it sees a lot of use since we polish the balls every time they get used.
Haven't had any issues finding the polishing pads yet.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
me too
dont understand those who buy the 8 ball diamond cleaner
at that price especially

For a ball cleaner to be used at home, there are plenty of reasons to choose the 8-ball version. 1) much smaller footprint; 2) much less expensive; and 3) only takes a few extra minutes, at home, to do two sets vs one.

I did the 8-ball version with no regrets and would make the same choice again.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Related to the Diamond cleaner vs others specifically. ,the Diamond is the superior product. I chose another brand that I was able to get sooner and regret that choice. I should have bought the 8-ball diamond version.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For a ball cleaner to be used at home, there are plenty of reasons to choose the 8-ball version. 1) much smaller footprint; 2) much less expensive; and 3) only takes a few extra minutes, at home, to do two sets vs one.

I did the 8-ball version with no regrets and would make the same choice again.
I respect your opinion and decision
For me the 8 ball cleaner would not be worth the extra hassle when a 16 ball cleaner is available

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
An extra 5 minutes for me vs the extra $200 in cost and larger footprint made the choice easy for me. One rack of nine-ball and the first set is clean. If I was using it in a commercial environment, the 16-ball is a no-brainer.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An extra 5 minutes for me vs the extra $200 in cost and larger footprint made the choice easy for me. One rack of nine-ball and the first set is clean. If I was using it in a commercial environment, the 16-ball is a no-brainer.
Not sure if 5 minutes does it always. My Blud timer goes up to 12 min. Often when I'm done playing I throw them in and turn it on 12 and leave. I hate cleaning the balls and cloth so anything that makes it easier is my priority. IMO, just get the slightly bigger unit and be done with it. If a little extra money amortized over the life of the machine is a problem you might not be able to afford the machine.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I clean mine once per week and 5 minutes (so far), has proven to be plenty. I started with brand new balls and never let them get bad so perhaps that is why I'm having good results.

I use a mix of 3 ounces of Aramith Ball Cleaner/Polish mixed with 16oz of 90% IPA. Works Great.

Daddybear

Registered
Thank you very much for your replies.
I realized that Ballstar cost over $600 after tax and shipping…. If there any model that would be under or around $300 range?