Which Ball Cleaning Machine is the best in the market today?

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Ya'll are probably sick of seeing it, but I'm a bit biased as to which is the best.

52267152841_d105bd95c7_h.jpg
Never sick of seeing that one, Awesome job. You could sell those for sure!

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The problem with this particular model is the total population count is one!
But the attention to detail and committment to making a perfect compliment to the table deserves recognition. Job well done !!!!!!

My point was largely that if he chose to market and sell these, he'd probably do pretty well. I'd go for one for sure.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But the attention to detail and committment to making a perfect compliment to the table deserves recognition. Job well done !!!!!!

My point was largely that if he chose to market and sell these, he'd probably do pretty well. I'd go for one for sure.
He wouldn't sell a single one without royalties going to Brunswick, at a minimum.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wouldn't sell a single one without royalties going to Brunswick, at a minimum.
If (HUGE if) I sold them, I would not include the Brunswick logo. Being as Brunswick never made one and the term on the Gold Crown table design patent ran out decades ago, there would be zero issues reselling these and no legal obligation to pay a royalty. I'd be more concerned about Diamond as the workings are a knock off, but they do not hold a design or utility patent on their polisher.

It's something I'll never have to worry about. I'd only make another if something happened to mine.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Would you pay double the price of a Diamond to get one?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If (HUGE if) I sold them, I would not include the Brunswick logo. Being as Brunswick never made one and the term on the Gold Crown table design patent ran out decades ago, there would be zero issues reselling these and no legal obligation to pay a royalty. I'd be more concerned about Diamond as the workings are a knock off, but they do not hold a design or utility patent on their polisher.

It's something I'll never have to worry about. I'd only make another if something happened to mine.
You worked with me on the design, so I got ya covered bud 😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Way to labor intensive to produce for a profit anyway.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure if you built them regularly, you could cut your labor tremendously. You'd probably still need to charge $1200 and that still wouldn't be terribly profitable.
The hours on the metal work alone make the effort not worthwhile. All the little custom bits take time but it's those custom touches that make it cool. I simply have no interest in spending most all my spare time putting together ball polishers and the crafting of the parts that go into making one.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ya'll are probably sick of seeing it, but I'm a bit biased as to which is the best.

52267152841_d105bd95c7_h.jpg
You should frame it, rope it off, do not touch sign, electric fence. That should be next months center fold in some sexy magazine.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll have to chime in regarding the ball polishing machines mentioned in this thread

Thank you again, Glenn, for your work and design on that Diamond ball polisher, sir! I’ve had mine since they were first manufactured with your offset platter and has been flawless. I just order another new one from Diamond and getting this one unfinished in the oak and will have my master wood craftsman match it to my beloved Brunswick Brixton. I think they’re the best on the market.

Second shout out to Scott and your incredible masterpiece of a ball polisher - one of these days I’d love to set up a visit just to see that beauty! Bravo, sir!

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll have to chime in regarding the ball polishing machines mentioned in this thread

Thank you again, Glen, for your work and design on that Diamond ball polisher, sir! I’ve had mine since they were first manufactured with your offset platter and has been flawless. I just order another new one from Diamond and getting this one unfinished in the oak and will have my master wood craftsman match it to my beloved Brunswick Brixton. I think they’re the best on the market.

Second shout out to Scott and your incredible masterpiece of a ball polisher - one of these days I’d love to set up a visit just to see that beauty! Bravo, sir!

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Kerry! I hope all is well. If you ever intend to touchdown in Burbank or other LA area airports, let me know!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will do, Scott - I still have your contact info and address that you graciously shared a while back All is great and ready to get back to the forum following a few years off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RobM

Any thoughts on the $100-$200 machines on Amazon? My concerns would be:
1) Are they effective?
2) Would they damage my brand new Aramith Tourneys?
3) Durability?
If anyone has one of these I'd love some unbiased feedback.
I just have a hard time justifing the cost when I can accomplish the same thing with a microfiber cloth and some cleaner while I watch TV.
Thanks