Rhino shaft buyers, let 'er rip.......

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
$15 shipping from what I saw. No tax...
Now that you mention it, I didn't get charged sales tax either, and I live in the same state they shipped it from. That could come back to bite them since they have a US footprint.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you still have your tube (or plastic wrapper inside tube, I forget), can you look at the sticker please? Mine said "F1-S" which I have to assume is soft. Maybe they mounted a Medium but shipped in in a Soft-labeled tube? Wish I knew, oh well.
Mine is marked same way. I asked for med. and she told me that was stock tip so idk what the hell is up.

sbrownn

Registered
Did a search on this but couldn't find anything.

For all of you that have re-tipped the rhino CF playing shaft, was the clear plastic part of the tip or part of the ferrule? Might have mine re-tipped tonight at league...

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mine is marked same way. I asked for med. and she told me that was stock tip so idk what the hell is up.

I just emailed CS to ask about it, will let you know what they say. No way to prove it at this point, though, without a durometer.

Maybe I'll buy this $30 durometer on Amazon, good reviews. No way I'm paying $400+ for a Starrett.

Edit: I bought the damn thing (Type D with the sharp probe, which is the best for tips in my bit of research), will be here tomorrow. If it doesn't show any difference between by two Crystal tips, my Kamui Clear Black S, and my milk duds, I'll return it. Those should be a good range. Measuring a phenolic and a Taom 2.0 break/jump tip should also be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know mine i
I just emailed CS to ask about it, will let you know what they say. No way to prove it at this point, though, without a durometer.

Maybe I'll buy this $30 durometer on Amazon, good reviews. No way I'm paying $400+ for a Starrett.
s medium without a doubt. I've hit the soft and its way softer than the med. I asked specif. for a medium.

PVD16

Did a search on this but couldn't find anything.

For all of you that have re-tipped the rhino CF playing shaft, was the clear plastic part of the tip or part of the ferrule? Might have mine re-tipped tonight at league...
The clear plastic is part of the tip. If you look a the free tip it is glued to the tip.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The clear plastic is part of the tip. If you look a the free tip it is glued to the tip.
Just like a KamuiClear, its part of the tip. Its purpose is to keep glue from soaking into the leather making tip come off.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't get my free tip :(
Just in case you didn't look: it was in a small black ziploc bag, about 2x2". Some guys said theirs was stuck in the end of the box and they wouldn't have seen it without searching for it.

sbrownn

Registered
Just in case you didn't look: it was in a small black ziploc bag, about 2x2". Some guys said theirs was stuck in the end of the box and they wouldn't have seen it without searching for it.
I checked. Doesn't seem like that great of a tip anyway...

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked that a med tip be installed. The pkg that arrived said it was the soft tip, and included free tip marked med. The tip installed seems harder than soft and is fine to me. May take a layer off. All of this really doesn't matter much to me I guess as my wife tried it, liked it and told me it was hers, and to order another for myself. Now that they have another sale I'm buying another.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked that a med tip be installed. The pkg that arrived said it was the soft tip, and included free tip marked med. The tip installed seems harder than soft and is fine to me. May take a layer off. All of this really doesn't matter much to me I guess as my wife tried it, liked it and told me it was hers, and to order another for myself. Now that they have another sale I'm buying another.
COVID kisses

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got over that pretty quickly. She's in Fla now with her family and I didn't want to wreck that for her even though I feel it was her sister that gave me covid. And no, I didn't get any kisses from her.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had no problems, just ordered another shaft, had to pay shipping this time though.

sbrownn

Registered
My friend has an Action Jump / Break with two quick release joint pins (one at normal midway point at the end of the shaft and one to break down the cue into the jump config). He wants to order one of the rhino CF shafts but I didn't see a match up on the pins they are offering. Did I miss something?

Last edited:

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got a reply on the Soft vs Medium tip question:

---------
Hi Ron,

Please ignore the label on the tube, now the shaft's tip is medium by default.

Thanks and Regards,
Celine (Mrs)
cleardot.gif

Hello,

I received and like my shaft. One question though: I ordered a Medium tip, and the extra tip you sent is a Medium.

But the tube label for the shaft says "F1-S", so does that mean the shaft is mounted with a Soft tip?

-Ron

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone get the break cue and the playing cue? I’m curious about the handle section on the break cue. Is it as awful as the player one? It doesn’t look like it’s as pronounced. Guy at the pool hall got one and the cue felt fine but that handle section made it a no go for me.