Searing Cue

Andy70

Registered
Anyone have an issue getting their cue back from Dennis? I sent a cue to him that he received on 5/14/2020 asking for a refinish and another shaft. Was told at that time it would be about a month to take care of. I’ve reached out several times over the years being respectful knowing it takes time to do quality work. I’ve been hesitant to post anything online thinking other cue builders/dealers would “black ball” me. I have text massages to show conversation.

Update. I have been in contact with Dennis since a couple days after this post. I received the cue today! I spoke with Dennis for awhile yesterday and it sure sounds like he is really focused on getting caught up and making things right. I truly believe Dennis is a good person and wish nothing but the best for him. Searing cues are one of the best cues out there in my opinion and I am happy to have mine back!

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Anyone have an issue getting their cue back from Dennis? I sent a cue to him that he received on 5/14/2020 asking for a refinish and another shaft. Was told at that time it would be about a month to take care of. I’ve reached out several times over the years being respectful knowing it takes time to do quality work. I’ve been hesitant to post anything online thinking other cue builders/dealers would “black ball” me. I have text massages to show conversation.
Are you sure he received the cue? Do you have proof? This sounds unbelievable.

Andy70

Registered

Attachments

• IMG_1169.png
    IMG_1169.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 210

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This is the story of many guys, he has piles of people's cues

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GTF outta here…..no one, not even the greatest cue maker that lived whomever you might think it might be,
that indicated he needs a month to refinish, repair, re-wrap, re-tip, make another shaft, or whatever it is you
otherwise wanted done, fails to follow through or communicate within 60, 90 days past due is a inconsiderate
asshole. That’s just shitting all over a customer you decided to quote a timeframe and price for your services.

Okay, things can happen, you got busy, your life fell apart, someone passed away, your health is deteriorating
or some other compelling circumstances distracted, interfered and kept you from doing what you promised to
do. But unless you are dead, you suck for taking another person’s property, retaining it, not doing what you were
asked to do or communicating with the customer. My goodness, whom the hell do you think you are to just be
so egocentric that nothing else matters? And any customer that puts up with this nonsense without making a big
public ruckus and escalating this legally is hopefully spared any future problems if the cue maker passes on, files
bankruptcy or just closes shop without getting their cue returned. No one should wait years for what was needed.

Now I have no way of knowing what was posted is factually correct but it sure isn’t the first time I’ve read about Dennis’s abysmal behavior but I’ll admit it has been awhile. Nonetheless, for the original poster to make this known, there has to something more to this, or I hope there is. Regardless, if this happened, Searing’s behavior or anyone else is indefensible.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know someone personally for whom it also took many years for him to get a cue back from Dennis

Benelli

Is there some point where a cue maker realizes that they're going to die soon and just says eff'it I'm going to take as many cues and deposit money as I can get from people and they can sort it out after I'm dead...

This is the third story this month I have heard about Tier-1, A-list cue makers taking on projects and screwing over the customer.

I think I'm just going to stick to buying cues from makers that are already dead...

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly this is not the first instance of this with Dennis.

The OP should have taken action on this after six months. Waiting this long is way beyond normal for a refinish. Proficient is two weeks or three at most.

Hopefully he gets his cue back refinished or not and it was stored properly all this time..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly this is not the first instance of this with Dennis.

The OP should have taken action on this after six months. Waiting this long is way beyond normal for a refinish. Proficient is two weeks or three at most.

Hopefully he gets his cue back refinished or not and it was stored properly all this time..
I sent my Jensen to Cody Cash and had it back in about 10days. such a good to guy to deal with.