So Skyler got drug tested immediately after losing to Oi???

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
No, what we want is an easy way to success and if someone tells us, that doping tests are a worldwide standard, we start to whine about the unfairness of mankind.
We want participation medals and we think it is so wrong that the Mosconi Cup isn't a race to 100 on a barbox.
We think it's totally normal that pros in our main sports are high on weed and painkillers and we think pool only can be saved by a cool pool movie, preferably with Tom Cruise.
We play handicapped "World Championships" and can't find out why nobody has any motivation to get better.
We think pool players should earn millions, but only if they play one pocket exclusively.
And if this whole ESPN, WPA, MR, Olympic, Barry Hearn conspiracy to target Skylar isn't fully uncovered, we go and watch corn hole, because I heard they fill this little bags with cocaine.
I disagree with every statement you made.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
what advantage does a player who smoked a joint have? Performance enhancing in pool, come on. This aint cycling.
It could improve concentration and relax the nerves depending on the person, the type of weed and how the weed effects them. One thing it doesn't help is vision.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it be inclusion or exclusion for the player? If a person is on a prescription drug from their Dr. which can be shown and proven for a medical reason, there shouldn't be anyone on a power trip to say, "no" you can't take it if you want to play.
It depends on many factors, which I certainly don't know all of, but it has to do with the perceived efficacy of the substance.

If it is likely to provide a great benefit then the exemption won't be granted.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They still test for those. It’s the weed testing that for pool players that seems silly in this age. Thorpe was banned for weed.

agree and disagree. we don't want stoned players representing pool, so smoking before a match shouldn't be allowed. however weed is part of our culture by now and if a player smokes recreationally in his/her off day that should be no business of the WPA. the problem then is the THC threshold, which is too low. jmho.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends on many factors, which I certainly don't know all of, but it has to do with the perceived efficacy of the substance.

If it is likely to provide a great benefit then the exemption won't be granted.
You don't say? Let me. Many drugs are banned because they block the performance de-enhancement in place. Can't have politics if nobody cooperates.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
agree and disagree. we don't want stoned players representing pool, so smoking before a match shouldn't be allowed. however weed is part of our culture by now and if a player smokes recreationally in his/her off day that should be no business of the WPA. the problem then is the THC threshold, which is too low. jmho.

I agree with that, we don’t want players drunk during matches either.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could improve concentration and relax the nerves depending on the person, the type of weed and how the weed effects them. One thing it doesn't help is vision.
Yeah it does. It may not improve your eyesight but it certainly enhances perception.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pro pool tournament "bathroom break". No reason it isn't the same as playing a local drunk, who can't run 3 balls, who hits the can, returns bright eyed, wide awake. And $20 poorer :)

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s almost impressive how many incorrect statements he packed into such a short post.
I think (hope) he was being tongue in cheek and doing a greatest hits of some of the statements made here in the past.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sky woodword is in my opinion one of the classyest players in the world. if you talk to him he almost always makes time for you and never talks bullshit just honest opinion. we are a lucky bunch to have us represent our values and share our beliefs. sky hopefully goes on with his pro journey cause he will only get more competitive.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drug testing makes sense. Look at some of the past behavior by a few of our great players. Earl and Mked Dechane for starters.

George the Greek

I take metoprolol daily for my heart. I would fail a drug test at a WPA event. I am a ragged-ass APA SL7 (nine-ball) and cannot for the life of me figure out how metoprolol is helping my game any. Could anyone on this thread tell me what "benefits" metoprolol is supposed to be giving me (or anyone else for that matter)???
I take Metropol and a host of other prescriptions and the only benefit is hopefully not getting a stroke or worse. The side effects of Metroplol are plenty and no way it's a performance enhancer .

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drug testing makes sense. Look at some of the past behavior by a few of our great players. Earl and Mked Dechane for starters.
Ha...if there are two who prob DONT do dopeys, these might be it.

Of course, it is precisely those who DONT you gotta be most wary of scary...!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually there are lots of openings for false positives and true negatives. 😇
Can't help you today, sir.
Screenshot_20240304-145634.jpg