Samsara Cues out of business

Bluehammer

Registered
Is Samsara Cues out of business? Tried several times to contact them via email with no response. They don't have a phone number to call on their site.

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1710781775939.png

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
If so, I need to stock up on their Samsara break tips, which to me is the best break tip on the market.
They’re great when they stay connected to your cue. Went through three of them popping off before I quit them.

Reactions: SSP

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had tried to get a hold of them multiple time this winter and couldn't get a response.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you call a business and cant get to talk to a real person soon then you can be sure you are not going to be happy with their service or products.
and if you do then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

generally i am happy if they dont answer. then i know what will happen if i continue with them. gets me out without spending time or money with them.

but i dont do email business and expect if i did try to contact through email without them telling me to i would expect no reply.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How a business manages it's contact with customers or prospects is usually an indication of future expectations - however, a business who manages customer or prospect contact poorly is almost definitely an indication of future dissatisfaction with that business.

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full disclosure, this was over 20 years ago and a lot can happen in that amount of time. But the first custom cue I ever ordered was from Samsara. They quoted me a price and a timeframe and I had to put down a deposit. They shipped the cue on the exact day they said they would and it was absolutely perfect in every way. It's the only thing I have ever regretted selling.

Zerksies

How a business manages it's contact with customers or prospects is usually an indication of future expectations - however, a business who manages customer or prospect contact poorly is almost definitely an indication of future dissatisfaction with that business.
I'm sure they have enough idiots asking questions like does your tip hit like so and so. I really liked that tip but i wanna try yours. Do you have a sample to send me.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm sure they have enough idiots asking questions like does your tip hit like so and so. I really liked that tip but i wanna try yours. Do you have a sample to send me.
Have to agree with you here. I can't imagine the margin on a tip is so high that it warrants parking a rep on phone to manage such calls.

I know nothing of Samsara but maybe they're shifting their model toward dealers rather than direct to customer..? Those dealers could simply have a different specific means to contact them.

I really don't see this any differently then JB Case's new-ish model of not going to shows and typically slow response time when attempting to contact them via email. If the product is strong enough then you don't need to pander.

Zerksies

Have to agree with you here. I can't imagine the margin on a tip is so high that it warrants parking a rep on phone to manage such calls.

I know nothing of Samsara but maybe they're shifting their model toward dealers rather than direct to customer..? Those dealers could simply have a different specific means to contact them.

I really don't see this any differently then JB Case's new-ish model of not going to shows and typically slow response time when attempting to contact them via email. If the product is strong enough then you don't need to pander.
I just know the number of dumb dumb posts on stupid shit in this place about types of glues to put on tips and anal retentive topics. So i can imagine what a vendor deals with, they probably heavly screen things as i would. Or the amount of "free advice" too.

Bluehammer

Registered
After reading all the posts above, I’ll try answer in one post. I emailed them and didn’t call because they didn’t have a phone number on their site which tells me they don’t want phone calls. I specifically told them i wanted to buy one of their cues and how can i go about doing that. Through them or a dealer as I couldn’t find the info on their BUSINESS WEB SITE. I also asked if they take orders…..No response

If they are going to sell cues (even tips) be prepared to answer customer questions. They have a link to become a dealer, but it doesn’t list any one and I couldn’t find anyone who specifically said they were a dealer, just auction sites. They are obviously very talented cue makers, but something is off with the business. Maybe they are just losing their love of it? Hope not… Nice looking cues.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading all the posts above, I’ll try answer in one post. I emailed them and didn’t call because they didn’t have a phone number on their site which tells me they don’t want phone calls. I specifically told them i wanted to buy one of their cues and how can i go about doing that. Through them or a dealer as I couldn’t find the info on their BUSINESS WEB SITE. I also asked if they take orders…..No response

If they are going to sell cues (even tips) be prepared to answer customer questions. They have a link to become a dealer, but but dont list any and I couldn’t find anyone who specifically said they were a dealer, just auction sites. They are obviously very talented cue makers, but something is off with the business. Maybe they are just losing their love of it? Hope not… Nice looking cues.
have you called the ph# yet?? just curious

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The address listed in North Dakota is the same as the address for Ted Harris, who has been in the cue business for 30 years or so. HIs website is tedharris.com. If I had to guess, I would guess that he has taken over the brand. He seems to be selling Samsara shafts and tips. There is a phone number on his website that is different from the phone number above.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
have you called the ph# yet?? just curious
I had emailed and called a month ago, but never got a response. In the past I never had any problems getting a hold off them so I'm wondering if they did shut down.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I had a room owner once tell me upon installing a new Sammy on my break cue. He said,"You know when shaping that tip it made an entirely different sound than any other tip ?" I said, Yeah, It makes that sound every time I break with it." Exceptionally hard tip. Dunno how they get them like that, but I approve.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The address listed in North Dakota is the same as the address for Ted Harris, who has been in the cue business for 30 years or so. HIs website is tedharris.com. If I had to guess, I would guess that he has taken over the brand. He seems to be selling Samsara shafts and tips. There is a phone number on his website that is different from the phone number above.
Teddy started working for Samsara a few years ago. He moved up to ND from the Miami area!!! And last I communicated with him, he was loving it.