Matchroom WNT Premier League Pool (PLP) 18-25 March2024, Connecticut, $100K Prize Fund

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk what they did with pool....it's hardly the same.

Races way to short for pro pool.
Always felt alternating break was for leagues.

At least they don't have shootouts to break ties.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the thread.

The points carry forward each elimination round, correct?

Has anyone signed up for the scoring site? I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing to be honest. I hate signing up for more crap.

Atorontopoolplayer

Thanks for the thread.

The points carry forward each elimination round, correct?

Has anyone signed up for the scoring site? I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing to be honest. I hate signing up for more crap.
They do yes.
And I have, I like to check in it's pretty good and it's free and the rankings are much more user friendly than before.

kitsap

Registered
Yesterday I signed up with a through away G mail account. So far no junk mail.

Web site is easy to maneuver around in and find out what is going on.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 3 Schedule
day3 1.PNG

Table standings after Day 2
Alcaide only one with no wins after 6 matches. He is basically eliminated as has to win all remaining 9 matches to have any chance of qualifying for top 10 knockout stage (which is unlikely- longest winning streak is 5 matches by Zielinski ).
d2 t1.PNG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wheels falling off Alcaide as he still has not won a match now on losing streak of 7. In battle between youngest and oldest, Bernie the pup hands old dog Alcaide his 7th loss. Not getting easier for Alcaide as he next plays Little Ko and FSR later today
reserved js.PNG

What's with these baby chairs?
Looks bit small for Shaw , Mario :LOL:
baby chairs.PNG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The recent Predator Pro Billiards Las Vegas Open and World 10 Ball had silly "rule" that player touching lag ball before lag will be lose the lag.
Thank God they don't have that "rule" here . cos then all the players will lose the lag :ROFLMAO::LOL:

lag touch.PNG

lag touch2.PNG

lag touch3.PNG

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of four or five players in this field. Where is Biado and Lee Van? Clearly these are among the best players in the world.

Atorontopoolplayer

Disappointing tournament so far from the guys that aren't regulars on tour yet.
And alcaide seemed to fall apart completely today, not sure if he was nor prepared properly for this one with the short notice but he looked really rough today

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 inch pockets are interesting. Saw 4 relatively easy 9 balls missed in the same game

SA96

I really don't like this format.

I prefer an actual tournament where every match matters.

I can see why they have done this though, TV networks love hours of live sport and this format does provide that.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree on the format but it's sure as hell better than the spot shot fiesta we see in the Cue Sports events. Yea, a race to five isn't that great but there are so many matches that eventually the cream will rise to the top.
Sorry, but if you’ve never heard of half of the field, then you must’ve just started following pool last month. 14/16 players are >800 Fargo
I don't care what their Fargo rating is. Look at the results so far. The "unknowns" are getting beaten like a rented mule. That's got to be a David Alcaide impostor. I've never seen him play this badly.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like this format a lot. Round robin of every pair of player. Races to 5 each match. Every single match counts for the entire event. Every single game counts for the entire event.

I think the winner at this event will far and away be the best player "this week", and may even be the best legit player of the whole bunch.

I'm watching sporadically on youtube with a fixed camera. How is the DAZN production? Is it exciting? Or boring?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't like this format.

I prefer an actual tournament where every match matters.

I can see why they have done this though, TV networks love hours of live sport and this format does provide that.
Every single match AND game matters in this format. There will be tons of ties that will come down to individual games won/lost.