Recent content by mikemosconi

  1. mikemosconi

    Is straights making a come back?

    I love the game and play it solo all the time bc there is no one that I know here who plays it. NO ONE! When I was in Fl. I had a few guys to play it with , they were all from the mid west originally, one was a U.S. collegiate champ. 99% of those who started playing as a result of the COM...
  2. mikemosconi

    Simple way to convert srew-in tips cues to glued tips cues

    Everything depends on how confident you are in doing the work as others described above. My experience with do it yourself cue repairs is that if you are not 100% confident when you actually start touching your cues- one is better off having it done by someone who gets it right every time. That...
  3. mikemosconi

    Taom V10

    I use the V 10 on my home table - it is very very clean and very functional as well. I pay $22 at billiard supply stores and in pool rooms - I have not been burnt yet.
  4. mikemosconi

    Soft cases

    In my opinion and from 50+ years of carrying cues in cases - any case that has internal separation of each cue butt and shaft with reasonable thickness of internal linings would be adequate protection - if you are not planning to run your cues over with a truck - you would be just fine. We...
  5. mikemosconi

    Bay Shore Billiards

    I believe that it is the home of a long running straight pool league.
  6. mikemosconi

    Meucci or not ?

    An unknown possible “Meucci” piloted joint Gambler was on eBay yesterday with a Canadian seller - price was 300 Canadian plus unknown tariff add-on - I see that it either sold or was removed from sale
  7. mikemosconi

    Johnny Archer vs Kevin Clark race to 800 points

    800 point match over even 2 days can be a lot of pool if it stays reasonably close. This may be a mental stamina match as much as a 14.1 skill and knowledge match.
  8. mikemosconi

    Turning Stone

    Not too many top pros here anymore. I think they feel naked now without a jump cue and a magic rack. For me, I enjoy nine ball with Mike’s rules - the safe and kicking game is a bit more enjoyable than a jump fest. You have to know the rails. Moritz is a very impressive player in all aspects of...
  9. mikemosconi

    New members Hawking cues.

    The worst os when they ask our experienced and educated experience on a cue- you give them a reasonable selling range; and then they throw it on e bay for thousands more--- it usually ends up selling in the range we gave them, and they end up paying e bay 14% on top. Well they could have just...
  10. mikemosconi

    My home pool room in Pampanga Philippines.

    I wish you the best !
  11. mikemosconi

    My home pool room in Pampanga Philippines.

    Very nice table and a very enjoyable life!
  12. mikemosconi

    Interesting Facts on a Recent Vintage Viking Cue Purchase

    It’s funny, I could not stop looking at this cue when I first saw the for sale post on it. I slept on it - and after a brief question or two I just knew that I wanted it- the Adam case with it cleaned up to like new condition and is a prize for an Adam collector as it is a 70s Adam case...
  13. mikemosconi

    Interesting Facts on a Recent Vintage Viking Cue Purchase

    19.4 ounce. 12.7 MM. slight oversized cue butt Nice balance. Clean shaft. Original tip 3/8 10 pin All original and super clean
  14. mikemosconi

    Billy Thorpe

    I was not talking about the cloth as much as the cushions on tables like Diamond and Rasson as examples- nobody can tell me that the older GC cushions were as fast as the two I just mentioned - these tables are much faster off the rail than the older tournament GCs
  15. mikemosconi

    Billy Thorpe

    SVB seems to use that punch stroke with a desired speed quite often over using a lot of spin stroking
Back
Top