Earl Strickland Leads a Star-Studded Premier League Pool Field From March 6-13

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Matchroom Pool is delighted to announce Premier League Pool return this March 6-13 at the Morningside Arena, Leicester with 16 wild cards set to compete for the $100,000 prize fund.

Premier League Pool pits 16 of the best against each other in an exhilarating league format that sees players guaranteed at least $2,500.

Newly crowned world champion and Nineball World No.1 Francisco Sanchez Ruiz will lead the field alongside defending champion Albin Ouschan of Austria and current Nineball World No. 2 Shane Van Boening. Veteran USA legend Earl Strickland will also return to the UK for the first time since being cruelly ruled out of the 2021 Mosconi Cup and his first appearance in an invitational Matchroom event since the 2018 World Pool Masters.

Go to post

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Last year, Albin Ouschan defended his title at this event. Defending a title in any event having an elite field is a rarity, but then again, Fedor Gorst defended his Derby City Bank Pool title just three weeks ago as well as defending Master of the Table.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
At least at this event, the players will have time to rest/recoup before their next match.

At Derby, Ghorst and the 20 yrs olds this year had a huge advantage over the 40 yr olds when it comes to playing tired (scheduling nightmare).

In my 20's/30's I could easily play 16 hours straight and play better as the night moved into the next day.
The air in the room has more O2, the noises of the night crowds are not there, and the only sounds are the balls and the players.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
At least at this event, the players will have time to rest/recoup before their next match.

At Derby, Ghorst and the 20 yrs olds this year had a huge advantage over the 40 yr olds when it comes to playing tired (scheduling nightmare).

In my 20's/30's I could easily play 16 hours straight and play better as the night moved into the next day.
The air in the room has more O2, the noises of the night crowds are not there, and the only sounds are the balls and the players.
Albin might want to argue this one with you, after what he had to go through to win the title last year. It wasn't a "Derby" schedule, but he was beat by the time it was done.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Yep, making it to the end, only to lose because of lack of rest, has beat many a man.

Guy Manges

Registered
Albin might want to argue this one with you, after what he had to go through to win the title last year. It wasn't a "Derby" schedule, but he was beat by the time it was done.
I think Albin has been in many that way... Guy , It would make my day if Earl could stay too the end... I guess us old people...

Island Drive

Silver Member
I felt the same way Guy, about Efren. No one likes playing him fresh/well rested.