Three 3 Best Cue Makers in the World

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no particular order:

Tascarella
Bluegrass
Southwest

Loved them all. That being said, I have never shot a Boar or Searing. I didn’t care for my Gina or McWorter much. Currently playing with a Diveney that I love, and have a Mariposa on the way.

CanadianGuy

Bob Meucci was way ahead of his time in this game, the marketing, the promotions, cue design, the exploration of cue technology....far beyond any cue maker there has ever been

if you doubt this, you simply don't know enough about the cue game

where he lacked was quality control and this was not entirely unintentional

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no particular order:

Tascarella
Bluegrass
Southwest

Loved them all. That being said, I have never shot a Boar or Searing. I didn’t care for my Gina or McWorter much. Currently playing with a Diveney that I love, and have a Mariposa on the way.
Pat Diveney tops my list.

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a playability/feel standpoint that I have owned…

Vigus
EDC
Bluegrass
Josey
Barnhart

In that order. The EDC (Jules Patterson-Mobley protege) was pretty incredible. Best linen wrap I have ever seen. Steel compression joint and the shafts had 1/2” ivory ferrules.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
It looks as if Scruggs, Josswest (Biil Stroud), and Richard Black have fell off of the radar.

🎱

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator. Their shafts play the best. Their quality is top notch. They have many pretty cues. I can buy them and have them in my hand the next day.

Tadaimarlon

You mean the cues where the points are painted on lol. Do like their shafts though and break cues.
He means the cues where parts just fall off.

FB_IMG_1705796387804.jpg

chenjy9

They are true splice lmao

Their Truespliced series might be, but their SP2 and Throne cues are not. Here is the description that Predator themselves provide:
Exotic woods and precious stones are inlayed on a thin sleeve and sheath the C4+’s core, thus allowing us to adorn any cue without compromising its integrity or performance.

To me, that almost sounds like a wrap.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks as if Scruggs, Josswest (Biil Stroud), and Richard Black have fell off of the radar.

🎱
Richard is still making cues. I’ve seen 2 in the last year that were near completion. I did not ask, but I’m pretty sure both were low-to-mid 5 figures. Breathtaking.

shooter_Hans

Bob Meucci was way ahead of his time in this game, the marketing, the promotions, cue design, the exploration of cue technology....far beyond any cue maker there has ever been

if you doubt this, you simply don't know enough about the cue game

where he lacked was quality control and this was not entirely unintentional
These are young people on here. They don’t know how much of an impact Meucci was to the sport.

A pioneer of cue making then came Predator.

There are levels to this. XYZ cue builder doesn’t compare to industry pioneers.