Arrested for Ivory sale

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if I play with an almost 20 year old cue that has a decent amount of ivory in it, does that mean I can never sell it?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
So if I play with an almost 20 year old cue that has a decent amount of ivory in it, does that mean I can never sell
There is probably a member of the ivory task force watching your every move and recording your phone calls.
The task force surveillance team is just waiting for you to make a move with that pool cue.
My advice is not to talk pool or pool cues with any,one you don't know

Benelli

There is probably a member of the ivory task force watching your every move and recording your phone calls.
The task force surveillance team is just waiting for you to make a move with that pool cue.
My advice is not to talk pool or pool cues with any,one you don't know
Worst advice ever, He needs to burn it all now!!!!

R2PQZ

About 15 years ago someone brought me a cue from The Philippines he brought home with him. The cue was coated in black liquid shoe polish. Rubbing alcohol and paper towels removed every bit of it. Cue was loaded with ivory. Ferrule, joint, buttcap, and numerous inlays. When done there was not a trace of the polish.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 15 years ago someone brought me a cue from The Philippines he brought home with him. The cue was coated in black liquid shoe polish. Rubbing alcohol and paper towels removed every bit of it. Cue was loaded with ivory. Ferrule, joint, buttcap, and numerous inlays. When done there was not a trace of the polish.
Sounds pretty risky and dumb given the potential penalties.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Worst advice ever, He needs to burn it all now!!!!
I would have suggested that but that is why he needs to retain a good lawyer who specializes in custom pool cues.
My concern is additional charges
for tampering with evidence, and undermining a federal investigation.
Remember Martha Stewart?
I still can't sleep at night knowing she's running around free

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can see examples on the article

It's a lotta ivory
1708753724213.png

That is a lot of ivory. Even if ivory were legal, I wouldn't feel comfortable playing with that cue.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think these new laws are too far reaching. They should not apply to collectable items made years ago, like these high end cues. Almost all of us have old cues with ivory. We can never sell them now? It's just too far in one direction.

The rule should be something like "no new cues can be manufactured or sold with ivory". Old cues (and proof they are old which is pretty easy with a picture these days) can be freely sold.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I think these new laws are too far reaching. They should not apply to collectable items made years ago, like these high end cues. Almost all of us have old cues with ivory. We can never sell them now? It's just too far in one direction.

The rule should be something like "no new cues can be manufactured or sold with ivory". Old cues (and proof they are old which is pretty easy with a picture these days) can be freely sold.

They don't apply to items made before the ban

They apply to items that guys claim were made after the ban, with preban ivory, without very clear documentation