Items taken to the pool hall getting weird.

jollyrodger

#1 Troublemaker
Silver Member
I understand bringing a pool cue. But folks are now bring racks, and their own set of billiard balls. What’s next ? Hold on my table is getting delivered. I only use a magic table. Any justification or is it all psychological?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jedco

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
There was a guy who used to bring his pool cues to the hall in one of those two-wheeled golf bags. He got some strange looks, but he was an interesting character!

jollyrodger

#1 Troublemaker
Silver Member
Get all the equipment until you stop missing!

There is one guy who plays league night the same night I do. I call him Batman because he always shows up with ALL the gadgets. I’m talking magic rack, his own pool balls, a delta 13 rack two cue cases with 3 cues and a jump cue. Also he carries 3 cell phones and wears earbuds.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is one guy who plays league night the same night I do. I call him Batman because he always shows up with ALL the gadgets. I’m talking magic rack, his own pool balls, a delta 13 rack two cue cases with 3 cues and a jump cue. Also he carries 3 cell phones and wears earbuds.

I would call him Inspector Gadget.

You're welcome,

Dr. Science, PhD.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wouldn't want to be around when his mainspring pops

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I understand bringing a pool cue. But folks are now bring racks, and their own set of billiard balls. What’s next ? Hold on my table is getting delivered. I only use a magic table. Any justification or is it all psychological?

If the racks are shit, I understand it. Especially if you're playing rack your own or template. I have a delta rack that I loan my buddies to play action with. Balls... kind of pointless unless the place has mismatched balls or doesn't take care of them.

What gets me is, why does a pool hall (or even a bar) not invest in a $12 hard plastic rack instead of those tiny floppy ones with no room to remove the rack? And why don't they replace 50 cent spots once there are craters in them or worn through. I bring my own container of spots and replace them (at least when I know the owner and they said it's ok). It's silly when you have a spot so bad you have to rack an inch in front of it to get a tight rack.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Why does it offend you? Did you pay for it or lug it around?

Do you play on bar boxes? Because that offends me.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Nah its because all that equipment is B.S. and doesn't help you learn the game better.
Who says it's people learning? They may be in action. They may have got a favorite set of pool balls, like Centennials or something. Some folks won't play 1P without them.

Adapting to conditions in the wild is definitely important but there's also the fact that the game can be more enjoyable on good equipment. I would never do it, but I feel like throwing those flimsy racks that are 1/8" larger than the racked balls in the trash. The next time I get a bonus or something I may just donate a dozen of a little better quality to the pool hall so I don't have to deal with them. Where do they even find the things? I've had better racks that came included with a sears table.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah its because all that equipment is B.S. and doesn't help you learn the game better.
Who cares.. it’s none of your business. Worry about your self lol people bring things to help hold their cues to the table because they are expensive and people knock shit over. Leagues bring their own balls because in a lot of bars around here because the old ones on the tables are beat up crap from the drunks. I appreciate having good equipment. nobody thinks they are never going to miss a ball because of these things they are just trying to protect the stuff they paid their hard earned money for and have nice equipment to play with. plus they are spending money and keeping the industry alive. Put a pool table in your house and play there since they rest of the world seems to annoy you so much because they aren’t the same as you.

Last edited:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member

Just as you are seemingly appalled by this, there are those that are appalled by those that play in leagues on bar boxes and consider that to be pool. Everyone’s different