Rasson table for World Championships........................

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That Rasson Mr-Sung Acurra table was the one used at the recent Premier League Pool event and at the Hanoi Open last October. I don't recall any problems or complaints.

Reactions: ACL

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Rasson Mr-Sung Acurra table was the one used at the recent Premier League Pool event and at the Hanoi Open last October. I don't recall any problems or complaints.
Playing ok short term vs. a long term investment are totally different things. This thing is probably ok for a tourn or house but it doesn't look built to handle anything more than that. I think Shaw's place has them but i seriously doubt he paid much if any for them. He's a Rasson staff guy and i'm betting they wanted them out in the public eye. Kind of reminds me of the old Murrey tables, played ok but weren't built for shit.

DaWizard

I think it looks fine tbh. Sturdy enough and I like the sharp lines.

I'm sceptic for Rasson though because of the two weird rolls in the Mosconi cup. Woodward's lag scratching had me laughing out loud because of the absurdity of the situation and the look on his face. The other situation I can't recall, but there was another very weird roll.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Playing ok short term vs. a long term investment are totally different things. This thing is probably ok for a tourn or house but it doesn't look built to handle anything more than that. I think Shaw's place has them but i seriously doubt he paid much if any for them. He's a Rasson staff guy and i'm betting they wanted them out in the public eye. Kind of reminds me of the old Murrey tables, played ok but weren't built for shit.
It's interesting that Matchroom has changed from using the Rasson OX table to this Mr-Sung Accura table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it looks fine tbh. Sturdy enough and I like the sharp lines.

I'm sceptic for Rasson though because of the two weird rolls in the Mosconi cup. Woodward's lag scratching had me laughing out loud because of the absurdity of the situation and the look on his face. The other situation I can't recall, but there was another very weird roll.
Huh?? Did you look at that frame?? I've seen $2000 Chinese home tables with stouter frames than this. The rolls you see in tourn. play are almost always due to poor set-up and not the table itself.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw this table in person yesterday at the expo. Aesthetically it looked super good. I didn’t hit balls on it though. It’s 5k retail. They will sell imo.

I also saw the predator 9’ table in person. Online, I never really liked its aesthetic. In person, I loved it. Did not hit balls. Will go back and hopefully be able to on both.

Both looked way better aesthetically than Diamond.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw this table in person yesterday at the expo. Aesthetically it looked super good. I didn’t hit balls on it though. It’s 5k retail. They will sell imo.

I also saw the predator 9’ table in person. Online, I never really liked its aesthetic. In person, I loved it. Did not hit balls. Will go back and hopefully be able to on both.

I only care about build quality and how it plays. Looks are a FAR distant third. This MrSung(what kind of name is this???) would probably be ok in a home setting. I'd never own either this or a Pred. table.

TrxR

Looks are more of a personal preference . Myself I prefer the looks of a Diamond over any of the Rassons or Predators. I actually prefer the looks of a Diamond over a GC as well.

WobblyStroke

I got to play a new one of these recently. It played fantastic. I guess time will tell how it holds up, but initial level is worthy of having majors played on it for sure. I get that aesthetics are personal preference, but give me this thing over a diamond any day. GC still my fav look for nostalgic reasons.

Reactions: ACL

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only care about build quality and how it plays. Looks are a FAR distant third. This MrSung(what kind of name is this???) would probably be ok in a home setting. I'd never own either this or a Pred. table.

sure, for a poolroom that's true. but for TV the look matters. and the mr sung is ugly with that white stain

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this was the tourn. table so i looked it up. Other than the slate it looks like junk to me. Sketchy looking base and very flimsy looking frame if you want to call it that. Might be ok for one event or maybe a house but this thing is no commercial-grade table by any stretch. https://www.rasson.cn/acurra-mr-sung What's y'alls thoughts??
It looks like the frame is rectangular steel tubing, which is likely as strong or stronger than a "much beefier looking" wooden frame. A steel frame will also be far more stable and should be immune to humidity induced changes.

I'm not sure I love the looks, but I suspect the frame is stout enough.

bes

sigep1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL read what it says about the ABS leg levelers. Apparently good for water play.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 150728.png