Want-to-see Current/Modern Fancy Sneakies

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZB, after reading a few older threads, I'd like to start a new thread with updated makers who may be doing some Fancy Sneaky Cues.
Does anyone have a collection dedicated just to this style?

Thank you.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Here are a few I’ve made/repaired/converted.

Working on a few more right now.
If this is what you mean I’ll post them when I finish.

Meucci Purpleheart sneaky
IMG_4097.jpeg

Heubler sneaky repair
IMG_4684.png

Purpleheart house cue conversion
IMG_5315.jpeg

House cue conversions
IMG_6038.png

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heubler sneaky repair

What an elegant design!
Are you willing to talk about the snakewood?
Is it glued up or one solid chuck?
Any precautions?

Thank you.
smt

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
2008 Keith Josey. I have another full splice fancy sneaky as well.

Attachments

• 20240209_211052.jpg
    20240209_211052.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 103

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, apparently a sneaky can be a lot of things since the term originally caught on.
But not a wrap.
No way.

:)

smt

IMNSHO a sneaky can have subtle embellishment, must be FS but no veneers, and overall should be (at least if you squint with dark shades on) mistakable for a plain FS bar cue by some general public bar banger type person. A good sneaky will fool a decent player that is not paying attention, only at first glance.

Stew boo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, apparently a sneaky can be a lot of things since the term originally caught on.
But not a wrap.
No way.

:)

smt

IMNSHO a sneaky can have subtle embellishment, must be FS but no veneers, and overall should be (at least if you squint with dark shades on) mistakable for a plain FS bar cue by some general public bar banger type person. A good sneaky will fool a decent player that is not paying attention, only at first glance.
Back in my day a sneaky pete was a plain house cue with a joint on it. Now days you got purple heart and steel joints and white butt caps. Its like people choose to identify their cue as a sneaky pete no matter what it looks like. And now they call them fancy sneaky Pete's and all kinds of different classifications. There's only 2, it's either a sneaky pete or it isn't.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a few I’ve made/repaired/converted.

Working on a few more right now.
If this is what you mean I’ll post them when I finish.

Meucci Purpleheart sneaky
View attachment 739515

Heubler sneaky repair
View attachment 739516

Purpleheart house cue conversion
View attachment 739517

House cue conversions
View attachment 739518
The Heubler Sneaky repair turned out magnificent. It was a very creative repair that tremendously improved
the original appearance let alone its damaged condition. Just a superb outcome & on the basis of that alone,
I’d eagerly entrust a cue repair to you. Masterfully completed and the cue absolutely turned out beautiful. By
chance, is a keeper of yours, returned to a obviously satisfied customer or if yours, would you ever part with it?

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
The Heubler Sneaky repair turned out magnificent. It was a very creative repair that tremendously improved
the original appearance let alone its damaged condition. Just a superb outcome & on the basis of that alone,
I’d eagerly entrust a cue repair to you. Masterfully completed and the cue absolutely turned out beautiful. By
chance, is a keeper of yours, returned to a obviously satisfied customer or if yours, would you ever part with it?
Thank you for your kind words. I repaired it just to see if I could. Conversion cues and fixing broken cues nobody wants has been a great way to practice. I still have it and I agree with the outcome. I love how it came out so for now it is a keeper.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are some Hightower Cues we built many years ago. I am not really interested in building any more of this style right now.
1717084876934.jpeg

1717084930615.jpeg

1717085000216.jpeg

1717085097786.jpeg

1717085210600.jpeg

1717085958906.jpeg

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are some Hightower Cues we built many years ago. I am not really interested in building any more right now.
View attachment 760498
View attachment 760499
View attachment 760500
View attachment 760502
View attachment 760503
View attachment 760506
Chris, the last time we talked you mentioned you had some cues listed for sale, please provide the link. I found a few on your site but it sounded like you have several more when we talked a couple months ago. Thx, Shooter08.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris, the last time we talked you mentioned you had some cues listed for sale, please provide the link. I found a few on your site but it sounded like you have several more when we talked a couple months ago. Thx, Shooter08.
I only have a few Hightower Cues for sale. But I am willing to sell most cues out of my collection. Look under Cueman profile. click on Find then click on All Threads Started by Cueman. Then look on pages 4, 5 and 6 and see if you have interest in any of them. I put a lot of my collection up on AZ back in 2013 on those pages. I am not taking orders for any cues unless it is something I already have going, as I have become extremely slow on putting out cues and only build a few a year now.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only have a few Hightower Cues for sale. But I am willing to sell most cues out of my collection. Look under Cueman profile. click on Find then click on All Threads Started by Cueman. Then look on pages 4, 5 and 6 and see if you have interest in any of them. I put a lot of my collection up on AZ back in 2013 on those pages. I am not taking orders for any cues unless it is something I already have going, as I have become extremely slow on putting out cues and only build a few a year now.
Apparently I am not very smart, not finding anything that says "Find" to click on when I click on your "cueman" name below the pic above the gold and silver member status labels. What am I doing wrong, lol.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Apparently I am not very smart, not finding anything that says "Find" to click on when I click on your "cueman" name below the pic above the gold and silver member status labels. What am I doing wrong, lol.
Once that shows Cueman again click on it and then it will pull up a page with the Find word on it.