Rare Alpha Cue Mike Dorton For Sale

findcue4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
MIKE IS A VERY WELL KNOWN CUE MAKER IN INDIANA HIS CUES ARE VERY HARD TO FIND AND IS PLAYED WITH BY SOME OF THE TOP PLAYERS AROUND. MIKE WAS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MATT BENDER AND IS HIGHLY INFLUENCED BY DAVID KERSENBROCK. MIKE HAS BEEN TO THE OMEGA SHOP NUMEROUS TIMES, AND ALOT OF HIS CUES ARE MADE WITH OMEGA PARTS. MIKE ONLY BUILDS BETWEEN 10 TO 20 CUES PER YEAR MIKE SPECIALIZES IN EXOTIC HUSTLER CUES . AND SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME DOING CUE REPAIR. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST AND DOES ALL OF MY CUE REPAIR ON ALL OF MY HIGH END CUES.
HE CALLS THIS CUE ONE OF HIS JUMP BREAK PLAY CUES, AND WHEN YOU PULL IT OUT IT GETS ALOT OF ATTN.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT I GET SOME OF THE MOST COLLECTIBLE CUES AROUND BUT I PLAY WITH ONE OF MIKE CUES AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 2000....PRICE IS $450.00 CUE HAS 2 SHAFTS ONE DOES NOT HAVE THE INLAYS IN IT
Picture704.jpg

Picture705.jpg

ii302

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
findcue4u said:
MIKE IS A VERY WELL KNOWN CUE MAKER IN INDIANA HIS CUES ARE VERY HARD TO FIND AND IS PLAYED WITH BY SOME OF THE TOP PLAYERS AROUND. MIKE WAS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MATT BENDER AND IS HIGHLY INFLUENCED BY DAVID KERSENBROCK. MIKE HAS BEEN TO THE OMEGA SHOP NUMEROUS TIMES, AND ALOT OF HIS CUES ARE MADE WITH OMEGA PARTS. MIKE ONLY BUILDS BETWEEN 10 TO 20 CUES PER YEAR MIKE SPECIALIZES IN EXOTIC HUSTLER CUES . AND SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME DOING CUE REPAIR. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST AND DOES ALL OF MY CUE REPAIR ON ALL OF MY HIGH END CUES.
HE CALLS THIS CUE ONE OF HIS JUMP BREAK PLAY CUES, AND WHEN YOU PULL IT OUT IT GETS ALOT OF ATTN.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT I GET SOME OF THE MOST COLLECTIBLE CUES AROUND BUT I PLAY WITH ONE OF MIKE CUES AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 2000....PRICE IS $450.00 CUE HAS 2 SHAFTS ONE DOES NOT HAVE THE INLAYS IN IT
Picture704.jpg

Picture705.jpg

http://i267.photobuc[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii302/[/QUOTE]
Anyone else wondering who the hell Matt Bender is? I've heard of Mike, but not Matt.

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
Alpha cues rock!!!

Like Tim Cole...I, myself, try to use Mike to do all my cue repair...from Szamboti to Vikings...I trust him with them all. All of Mike's Alpha cues are unique to say the least and play fantastic...Mike is a great friend and I always wish him the best. I am very surprised to hear he makes over 10 cues a year..but most guys that buy one never want to sell them...I guess that's why to don't see them available. Mike is currently working on a cue for me...it only been about 5 yrs...but I said I was in no hurry.:D

Good Luck with the sale...

Jeremy

findcue4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
make a offer guys this is a cool cue..................it has been played has some nicks and dings

hfelsh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll probably get some heat for this, but that has to be the most HIDEOUS cue I've ever seen. :barf:

Seriously, it looks like someone cut up half a dozen house cues while they were smoking crack, and then glued them back together to make one frankenstein cue. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay $45 for it, much less $450. :shakehead: Doesn't matter who it's made by, but maybe he was drunk the night he made that one. :shrug:

nineballplayer1

Alpha Cues Rule
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's ok hfelsh. Everyone has an opinion. Some like them and some don't. I am Mikes business partner and fellow builder and have been for the last 10 years. Frankenstein sometimes describes them best. We don't necessarily build a cue for works of art, but we specialize in building a cue to a players choice of hit. We cater to players and what they want in a cue. Hopefully this will clarify what we at Alpha cues strive for. Now we are in the works of getting things together to start building some one of a kind custom cues (short spliced points, inlays, etc). So keep in touch.

Jim Clark/Mike Dorton
Alpha Custom Cues

swami4u

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cue is ugly with a Cap U...
That is the reason i like it so much.......:grin:
Ill go 250.00 + shipping

And this message was sent via PM to the seller' But your PM box is full.

Good luck on sale.

dooziexx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Shawn Armstrong said:
Anyone else wondering who the hell Matt Bender is? I've heard of Mike, but not Matt.

Matt Bender was with his brother, Mike, building cues at Omega. I believe Matt was a machinist when Mike was there. When Mike left, Matt took over as the primary cue maker at Omega along with dpk....

HOSS22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thats the way most of his cues are made,with a bunch of house cues,phenolic and mother of pearl rings.and jeremy if you have been waiting 5yrs...you will be waiting another 5yrs.