I thought the MC Rasson looked familiar...

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rasson used at the Mosconi cup looks just like the Murrays used in the 92 LA open, logos and all. If you are gonna steal a design at least do a pretty table...

(I also think these murrays were used in the COM?)

And both clips are the Dennis Hatch!

Attachments

• rasson.JPG
    rasson.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 643
  • murray.JPG
    murray.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 635

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rasson used at the Mosconi cup looks just like the Murrays used in the 92 LA open, logos and all. If you are gonna steal a design at least do a pretty table...

(I also think these murrays were used in the COM?)

And both clips are the Dennis Hatch!
Yep, I commented during the Mosconi Cup that the upper portion of the table (not the legs) was the identical design as the Murrey tables used for the final tournament scene in the Color of Money

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

The Murrey 6400 pro was also used in the movie the color of money..
Its been quite a while since I moved or recovered one of those pro series tables but I recall the Murrey tables not being anything to brag about..

Rob.M

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Black Crown by Canada Billiards is similar also.
....not the most enlightened design...

BAEDD2B9-CF41-4ECA-96D2-D42E4216066F.jpeg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Black Crown by Canada Billiards is similar also.
....not the most enlightened design...
If you're wearing light-colored pants, do they get a black streak at rail height?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you're wearing light-colored pants, do they get a black streak at rail height?

I'm not sure, Bob....I've only played a few tournaments on them.
That problem on a GC was solved by some room owners by coating the aluminum
edge.

...and I tend to dress like a slob...if I fell into a ditch, nobody would notice the difference.
:embarrassed2:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... ...and I tend to dress like a slob...if I fell into a ditch, nobody would notice the difference.
Are you sure no one would say, "That ditch used to be a lot prettier.":grin:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
While the Rasson tables rail design may not look pretty, they are well playing tables. I do like the legs, kind of elegant, but I've seen that leg design before too.

Personally I HATE the look of the Diamond Pro Ams. I guess I'm in the minority there. To me they look boxy and not attractive at all.

Brunswick GC..now that's a pretty table and the Centennials even more so.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While the Rasson tables rail design may not look pretty, they are well playing tables. I do like the legs, kind of elegant, but I've seen that leg design before too.

Personally I HATE the look of the Diamond Pro Ams. I guess I'm in the minority there. To me they look boxy and not attractive at all.

The black Diamond Pr-Am/Smart tables are butt-ugly. They play great but are just not attractive. The rosewood finish is much better but still nowhere close to a GC/Anniv/Centennial.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I'm not sure, Bob....I've only played a few tournaments on them.
That problem on a GC was solved by some room owners by coating the aluminum
edge.

...and I tend to dress like a slob...if I fell into a ditch, nobody would notice the difference.

I was in a card game once. Mostly friends playing, but one them was losing big and getting more and more agitated. We were drinking heavily, also. Anyway, the guy losing gets up from the table grabs a bottle of booze and loudly proclaims he's going home, slamming the door shut behind him. He had just a couple of minutes to walk, and this is in the middle of a city with only paved roads. 2 hours later he comes back, covered in mud from the shoes up to his neck. "I ran out booze half way, I'm going to need another bottle!"

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree, the PRO-AMs are ugly. I assume its almost required to have a big boxy design in order to allow for quick setup at tournaments with the slate already in place. I think the Diamond professionals are attractive table but nothing compares to what Brunswick did with the Cent/Anni/ and GC

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If Rasson were using the Artemis Intercontinental 66 rather than the pool 66, they would have something.... they are silly to put that cushion on tables that would normally have a k55 on them....

trent from Toledo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lol ... now that's funny! You led with a glass jaw Paul.

Yeah, well, I’m still prettier than a Rasson, a Murray, or a Black Crown.
If I wanted to remodel one of those tables, the only thing I would keep is the slate.

I can give a Gandy the tie five in a beauty contest also.
:)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I can give a Gandy the tie five in a beauty contest also. :)

No bet!

Of the modern tables I've seen, a cocobolo Diamond is my choice. It looks like that's no longer available, so maybe rosewood. I think metal on the rails is a design mistake.

The Diamond Paragon at the US Open 9-Ball (TV table) is interesting but too weird for a long-term relationship.