World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish we had a few thousand trolls if Jay Helfert is a troll.

Obviously there are many things to like and revere about Jay. However, I'm not sure why someone of his esteem would see fit to snipe at Shane as he did here. I guess the winky emoji meant it was a joke. Personally I just find it tiresome.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Obviously there are many things to like and revere about Jay. However, I'm not sure why someone of his esteem would see fit to snipe at Shane as he did here. I guess the winky emoji meant it was a joke. Personally I just find it tiresome.

Go on EBay and bid on a sense of humor.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you found Jay's comment...humorous? Was it the winky face that did it for you? ;)

It was probably the fact that it was obvious he wasn't being serious.

Perhaps in addition to that sense of humor, you should also bid on some common sense.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Jay's just having a little fun here. Yes, it was a very disappointing World 10-ball Championship for Shane, but he did win bronze in the last World 9-ball Championships before losing to Carlo Biado, the defending champion.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
In this tourney at least, Filler is letting us know there's a new sheriff in town. Amazing skill in light if his age. Imagine how badass he'll be at 30.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In this tourney at least, Filler is letting us know there's a new sheriff in town. Amazing skill in light if his age. Imagine how badass he'll be at 30.

Same sheriff, actually. Filler has been WPA #1 for a while, and whatever he does in the final at the World 10-ball Championship, he'll remain #1 with a huge lead over the rest.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think he'll be worst at 30 than 20. But just my opinion. Right now, he is climbing and at the top. After a few years of being at the top, he may very well lose his hunger.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler v Little Ko

Big Ko got fewer good rubs that Joshua...great match to watch.

Little Ko has been getting into less trouble getting out than anyone I’ve seen so far.
....I’m liking him for it all.

I second that. Little Ko been undefeated , playing better in all departments and better racks won 64% to Filler 58% even though Filler has much much tough top half of draw. Comes down to the break :)

Joshua Filler
Beat Yang Fan, Fedor Gorst, Gerson Martinez, Boza, Alex Kazakis, Jayson Shaw, Niels Feijen, Ko Pin Yi
Lost to Johann Chua
Won 7 Lost 1
Racks won /loss 63-45
Racks won 58%

Ko Ping Chung
Beat Kaplan , Olson,Alex Pagulayan, Marc B, Alex Pagulayan, Masato Yoshioka
Won 6 Lost 0
Racks won /loss 54-30
Racks won 64%

I think he'll be worst at 30 than 20. But just my opinion. Right now, he is climbing and at the top. After a few years of being at the top, he may very well lose his hunger.

This I agree, as this final attests, Pool is no game for old people . If you are more than 25 get another job :grin:

51Qmd5JHNeL.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think he'll be (worst )at 30 than 20. But just my opinion. Right now, he is climbing and at the top. After a few years of being at the top, he may very well lose his hunger.

Seems to me that being Worst at 30 could be a step up.

:)