james, walden needing a stake or sponsor for u.s. open

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Before anyone makes any snide remarks...

If anybody here has any doubt as to the authenticity of this account, I volunteer to help you verify that this is James. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Best of luck at the Open, James. I believe in you. I wish that I myself could provide your stake.

-Blake

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Lee, one of the symptoms of vertigo is nausea and vomiting. Try and not pook on your new Bonus Balls.

The good news is, nice drugs are needed to treat vertigo. That could be fun.

I have one question and it isn't meant to be snide.

Who is typing for you. Is it Deb, your ex?

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I just went into vertigo.

That is understandable, considering the recent attempt at slander. That was a wild ride. Many of us wish it had never happened.

James is a top-notch player, and I would expect that the decent people on AZB have seen the resolution to that fiasco. So let's be done with that.

This is a legitimate request for a real backer and/or sponsor, for a real player.

I respect your right to make your own decision. I just ask that you remember that James was NOT involved in any sort of financial scandal, at all.

I will personally vouch for the authenticity of this username. There is no doubt in my mind that this is James Walden. I will re-verify this identity upon request.

Perhaps the potential possibility of a pro player receiving sponsorship or a backer can stay alive here on AZB.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Blake

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee, one of the symptoms of vertigo is nausea and vomiting. Try and not pook on your new Bonus Balls.

The good news is, nice drugs are needed to treat vertigo. That could be fun.

I have one question and it isn't meant to be snide.

Who is typing for you. Is it Deb, your ex?

It seems obvious, but this question is not for me, right?

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
It seems obvious, but this question is not for me, right?

No, that question was directed at James.

No foul, BHR, that was a fair question.

I know Debbie, and I know James. I am in contact with both. If you (or anyone else) are interested in backing or sponsoring James, I will help verify his identity.

-Blake

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is James Walden for sure. He does have someone helping him post on AzBilliards forum because he does not know how to use the computer. This forum name jameswalden has been confirmed by AzHousePro (MIke Howerton) as being James. Otherwise, you would not see that black bar saying "PRO PLAYER" underneath his name.

Darren Appleton admitted he has had his girlfriend help him post on this forum, and I have admitted the same that I help Keith McCready post on this forum. I would surmise that there are others who might need help when it comes to using the computer and posting on AzBilliards.

I realize it's hard to believe in this day and age that folks can't use a computer, but there are baby-boomers who grew up without a computer, unlike today's generation. They get by in life with no computer. Those born in the '50s did not have any "keyboarding" classes, as they're called now, in their early childhood education.

Wishing James all the very best. He's a good man, excellent pool player, and he does have integrity.

When I was young, I did some goofy things when a man hurt me. The late Michael Gerace aka "Geese" and I were an item for about 3 years. I was a bar box player when I met Geese, and he is the one who introduced me to the pool room with the 9-footers. It was in the '80s. Geese and I went on the road numerous times down South shooting pool. I won't go into all the happenings, suffice it to say there was the good, the bad, and the, oh, so ugly when it came to hustling pool during pool's golden years. :indecisive:

I knew Geese was a superstitious gambler, and once he started losing, everything out of his mouth was "black cats," "knockers," "nits," "your god is pulling against my god," et cetera. :shocked:

One day, Geese and I had a big fight and broke up. I wanted to get even. My girlfriend said she would carve me a voodoo doll of Geese out of soap. And she did. :eek:

Later that night, I snuck into the parking lot of the pool room and saw Geese's car, a white Grenada. I broke the arm off the voodoo doll and put it on the windshield, thinking he'd get spooked. :grin-devilish:

A few days later, Geese and I made up, and I admitted to him what I had done with the voodoo doll made out of soap with the broken arm. He started laughing hysterically and said, "I knew that was you. That was the funniest thing I've ever seen." Needless to say, I was embarrassed. :embarrassed2:

Anyway, we all do dumb things sometimes when it comes to affairs of the heart. We think with our heart instead of our brain; thus, why I shared my soap voodoo doll story. :p

Last edited:
Oh boy

Listen, all the adult pool players out there. It's called a job, go get one. There are only a few players who are a good bet to stake in a pro pool event and they don't need a backer.
Maybe your girlfriend could pick up a little part time job to help out.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listen, all the adult pool players out there. It's called a job, go get one. There are only a few players who are a good bet to stake in a pro pool event and they don't need a backer.
Maybe your girlfriend could pick up a little part time job to help out.

John Schmidt came onto AzBilliards Forum asking for a stakehorse to back him in the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship. He was indeed backed and proceeded to win the U.S. Open with flying colors.

Check out the thread created by U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion John Schmidt: Anyone looking to put me in the Open?

John Schmidt came onto AzBilliards Forum asking for a stakehorse to back him in the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship. He was indeed backed and proceeded to win the U.S. Open with flying colors.

Check out the thread created by U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion John Schmidt: Anyone looking to put me in the Open?

John Schmidt is a better horse.

I would rather eat out of the garbage than stand in a bread line, but that's not how it is today is it?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt is a better horse.

I would rather eat out of the garbage than stand in a bread line, but that's not how it is today is it?

Better horse? No, he's a different horse. If you don't think James Walden can get there, well, you don't know your horses. :grin:

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Seems like I know the name James Walden but nothing specific. So I looked up his winnings on azbilliards.com and it is pretty pathetic in terms of events and money won. I don't have other sources of his pool history so just an observation.

--Jeff

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like I know the name James Walden but nothing specific. So I looked up his winnings on azbilliards.com and it is pretty pathetic in terms of events and money won. I don't have other sources of his pool history so just an observation.

--Jeff

He's an action player, more so than a tournament soldier. You won't be reading some of the gambling results anywhere except word of mouth.

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To hell with the Open

You need to practice up and go to Henny's place and take a little weight and play him another big session. He's guaranteed action in his place and he might offer something playing him at home.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

--Jeff

Plenty of money won from events have eventually found their way into his pockets over the years.

If I were a stakehorse I would not be deterred by the recent events here to send it in on James. He knows how to win. What an epic ending to the recent azb circus of events it would be if he snapped this thing off, huh?

Last edited:

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
If James is so good at action, can't he finance himself to go to any of these pool tournaments? Doesn't he have a manager or regular backer that will sponsor him? After so many years of ation, maybe they are all burned out??? Maybe he can repo his truck and sell it and use that money to stake himself.

Or maybe someone can start a James Walden sponsor drive/raffle for x amount per spot and split half of his winnings with the sponsors. That way no one will get hit with another girlfriend revenge happening. Maybe!!!