I won the tournament with a "strange" borrowed cue!!

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently do not have a cue. I'm in the process of narrowing down what I want( since my previous cue was stolen). So when I won the tournament last night I borrowed a cue from a friend of mine. He loves collecting high end cues. He has the smoothest hitting $1,800 Meucci I have ever played with. The name of the cue was a Guerreria. He claims he paid $2300 for it. But he has other expensive cues as well. I had never heard of it. Anybody heard of a Guerreria? It played pretty well I must say.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently do not have a cue. I'm in the process of narrowing down what I want( since my previous cue was stolen). So when I won the tournament last night I borrowed a cue from a friend of mine. He loves collecting high end cues. He has the smoothest hitting $1,800 Meucci I have ever played with. The name of the cue was a Guerreria. He claims he paid $2300 for it. But he has other expensive cues as well. I had never heard of it. Anybody heard of a Guerreria? It played pretty well I must say.
An $1800 Meucci? Seriously? Hope he likes it 'cause he ain't NEVER gonna get anything NEAR that if he goes to sell it. Had no idea they ever made one that expensive. BTW, there is a "Guerra" cues.

Last edited:

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An $1800 Meucci? Seriously? Hope he likes it 'cause he ain't NEVER gonna get anything NEAR that if he goes to sell it. Had no idea they ever made one that expensive. BTW, there is a "Guerra" cues.
Have you ever heard of a Guerrieria?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Googled it. They do exist. Cheap cues from what i found. Some furniture store/billiard supply in N.Carolina sells them. One sold in Fla. a while back for 75bux.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Googled it. They do exist. Cheap cues from what i found. Some furniture store/billiard supply in N.Carolina sells them. One sold in Fla. a while back for 75bux.

So...if one thinks it's a $2300 cue one wins a tournament? :grin::rolleyes:

I was curious to see what the highest end Meucci cue is, in their current line of cues, and I see that they have their highest end model priced at $2500.

http://meuccicues.com/meuccicues.html

I like the looks of the $1800 model much more.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member

Waiting for the follow-up story where your friend tells you he needs the money and lets you buy his "$2300" Guerreria cue for the low low price of $500 :D

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waiting for the follow-up story where your friend tells you he needs the money and lets you buy his "$2300" Guerreria cue for the low low price of $500 :D
😅😅😅 I have never heard of The Cue. But I know he has a lot of expensive cues vintage cues with Ivory and all kinds of stuff. So all I can tell you is what he told me LOL but that cue is straight as an arrow LOL💪🎱🎱

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
When I was between cues a long time ago I played for a while with borrowed cues, I'd have to say you learn a lot during that time. You have to adjust many things with your stroke to accomplish the same result and your pay more attention to your cueball, I think it's a great experience and something everyone should do when they reach a certain level of their game.

Neil

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
When I was between cues a long time ago I played for a while with borrowed cues, I'd have to say you learn a lot during that time. You have to adjust many things with your stroke to accomplish the same result and your pay more attention to your cueball, I think it's a great experience and something everyone should do when they reach a certain level of their game.

Neil

Love that post!
JoeyA

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Different Cues

Neil

I own different shafted and playing cues. When I switch to 9 ball I'll break out a 13mm Schon and practice Tangent Line Position because I don't tend to spin the ball as much with the 13mm because it squirts so much when you do. It sort of grounds me as to what I need to be doing regardless.

After a few racks I put it up and get my regular playing cue back out, does wonders for my game.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Congrats on winning the tournament. Don't let the Meucci haters get to ya - to each their own.

I agree with changing cues from time to time.
While my sneaky and Joss are regulars (and Schon too I guess) .. I try to play with most of my other sticks once in a while too. For me, I think it helps me refocus a bit better.

Ched

Last edited:

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Says the man who said, "

"I know that there are much more expensive cues with ivory inlays, rare wood and all sorts of bells and whistles. I have shot with a few (not mine but people have let me "try it out". MY POINT IN THIS THREAD IS THAT ONCE A PLAYER HAS DEVELOPED HIS/HER SKILLS THEN ANYTHING OVER $300-500 is overkill. Basically a shortstop, a road player, a pro or whoever that shoots with a $1500 cue would not decrease in skill level if the played with a cue for less, provided that the cue is decent and STRAIGHT!!"

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says the man who said, "

"I know that there are much more expensive cues with ivory inlays, rare wood and all sorts of bells and whistles. I have shot with a few (not mine but people have let me "try it out". MY POINT IN THIS THREAD IS THAT ONCE A PLAYER HAS DEVELOPED HIS/HER SKILLS THEN ANYTHING OVER $300-500 is overkill. Basically a shortstop, a road player, a pro or whoever that shoots with a $1500 cue would not decrease in skill level if the played with a cue for less, provided that the cue is decent and STRAIGHT!!"
I'm shooting so good right now if I had a $300 cue I still would have won the tournament😉💪