Ronnie O'Sullivan 1K Centuries - Contest!!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Oh my! What an ending for whoever had... 134 and 141? Or does it officially put in the books as a 127???

Freddie <~~~ wasn’t in the running

In snooker, whatever you make remains yours...the scratch is added to your opponent's
score....so the score of the final game was Ronnie 134...Neil 7

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was fun watching his score sit at 128 for just a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Congrats to Ronnie O, what an incredible achievement!! Congrats to to the winner and a special thanks to BeiberLvr for putting this on.
59a896b91fe8d2a4573c83c7e2bf39a8--justin-bieber-quotes-funny-justin-bieber-facts.jpg

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
CONGRATS TOOLER!!!!

Ronnie made his 1,000th century with a 134. Would have been a 141 if not for the scratch after potting the final black.

Tooler, please PM me your email address so I can send you the electronic gift certificate for PoolDawg.com

Pm sent...... I couldn’t watch.

Thanks again bieb’s... it was fun following the GOAT

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had 141..... for the best that I was too busy to sweat it live!

One more tip of the cap to the man whose freeroll made this a lot of fun.

Tooler.. spend the $$ well (ya lucky #&%&) :)

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you search 'snooker' on YouTube and filter by view count, the top result has 27 million views.

I don't think it'll take long for Ronnie's 1,000th century to get to 1 million.

Although it might not be the video you posted since that YouTuber doesn't appear to have a lot of subscribers.

I'll guess within the week.

Shoot, it might not even take a week. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kD8vsbM880

Already has 239k views.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Did I miss something with his remarks about ranking points?
Sarcasm maybe? The humor was lost on me...

Anyone get it?

Pretty sure they started to use money earned for the rankings instead of points...
....Ronnie disagrees

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson:

i think the main point is that, while ronnie is a genius with a cue in his hand, it's seldom a good idea to stick a microphone under his nose. it's a dice throw.. he speaks sense sometimes, but sometimes he starts singing or says something that will land him a fine

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did I miss something with his remarks about ranking points?
Sarcasm maybe? The humor was lost on me...

Anyone get it?
When he's speaking seriously -- which he was not as suggested by the bad Australian accent -- he says that he plays because he loves to play and he enjoys the competition. If you want to see his serious take on the win, see the interview done immediately after the match by the table. Compare and contrast to most of the player interviews you have seen.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
When he's speaking seriously -- which he was not as suggested by the bad Australian accent -- he says that he plays because he loves to play and he enjoys the competition. If you want to see his serious take on the win, see the interview done immediately after the match by the table. Compare and contrast to most of the player interviews you have seen.

Which I watched....and adds to the questions, was it sarcasm?

Snooker not being the primary around here, I feel like I missed something that led to the remarks that I simply didn't get...like an inside joke

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to watch that ronnie interview a couple of times with so many australian references. The interviewer called him aussie osullivan. Ronnie mention 'tinnies in the esky' and having the 'rellies over' for 'barbies'. I dont get it but it was amusing. Ronnie may have had a couple before that interview.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob thanks for that link to his 500th. Robertson is part of that history too.
Glad Clive was commentating his 1000th also.
Was it the same ref for 500 and 1000th?

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it the same ref for 500 and 1000th?

In the 500th the ref is Paul Collier.
He is a well established ref. He was in the 2016 Word Championship Final as well.

Ronnie is definatelly sarcastic about the ranking points. In short the story is that O'Sullivan doesn't feel like entering all the ranking events, as he thinks that there are too many and one after another. He feels like it is exhausting going deep in a tournament and travel at night to be at the next one 2 days later (or even the next day). Barry Hearn says he is free to enter or not enter tournaments at his (Ronnie's) will. While this is true, not entering a tournament means no ranking points, therefore dropping in the rankings. This is why basically Ronnie is not ranked n.1, because he doesn't feel like entering all the tournaments. But this means he might not be qualified to play on invitational events because of his ranking or, have to qualify for other events, which in O'Sullivan's eyes is unfair because he is the best player and shouldn't have to prove this to "empty arenas where no one is watching" (referring to qualification events)

O'Sullivan has even proposed a "break away tour" so he will be able to play in more reasonable schedules (in his view).

So in the interview he is clearly making fun of the current ranking point system and he is showing how Barry Hearn wants players to think and act, that is chasing ranking points.