2015 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally broke into the 40s

47 tonight. Previous high was 38. Had the balls open and flat out missed an easy shot. 50 was right there for the taking!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
nice shooting, cant wait to watch it !!!

You may wanna make this a seperate post in the 14.1 Forum so it gets noticed. not everyone checks the highrun challenge thread !!

Steve

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Very late to the game, but I ran a 24 on December 12, 2015. It was in competition on a 9' Gold Crown (same one I ran my high run of 59 on).

My goal is to play much, much more 14.1 in 2016 (2015 has been a rough year).

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Looks like my 81 will have to stand for this year.

Have to concentrate on healing first and foremost.

Hopefully I can get back on board for 2016

Steve

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Looks like my 81 will have to stand for this year.

Have to concentrate on healing first and foremost.

Hopefully I can get back on board for 2016

Steve

Feeling for you, haven't even played nor practiced at all in a month. Get well soon!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Still late to the game. Ran at least 45 on 12/26/2015 at Volcanoes in Hurst, TX on table 2 (8-foot). I remember the first 3 balls and the next 3 racks, but can't remember how many I had before the initial 3 balls.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I may be a little early for 2016, but I ran 27 today (Jan 03, 2016) on a 9 foot Diamond table at Rusty's in Arlington, TX. It has 4.5" pockets and has worn cloth so it plays pretty tight. I should have taken a little more time with the bridge at the end.

Here's the video.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Waiting on Andy Lincoln to set up the 2016 run board.

you may have to send him a PM, so he adds this run onto the new list.

Nice Shooting
-Steve

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Thanks, I sent him a PM. I see a lot of things in my video that I'm not super happy with, but now I realize what I can work on!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks, I sent him a PM. I see a lot of things in my video that I'm not super happy with, but now I realize what I can work on!

i watched the first rack. 4 things i noticed:

1 - you are what they call a 14.1 Statue meaning you stand in one spot when you evaluate the table (move around the table to get a better perspective)

2 - your cueball is very eratic, learn to control the rock.

3 - you shoot very fast once you get down on the shot

4 - you run into balls when you dont have to, be careful of that.

-Steve

Just watched some of the 2nd rack, and at the 5:43 mark you should have played the 9 in the side and nip drawed it back for the 13 in the bottom left corner. some times when you have position play the shot rather on getting position on it later.
i think if you would walk around the table more in between shots you may have seen this.

-Steve

Last edited:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
i watched the first rack. 4 things i noticed:

1 - you are what they call a 14.1 Statue meaning you stand in one spot when you evaluate the table (move around the table to get a better perspective)

2 - your cueball is very eratic, learn to control the rock.

3 - you shoot very fast once you get down on the shot

4 - you run into balls when you dont have to, be careful of that.

-Steve

Just watched some of the 2nd rack, and at the 5:43 mark you should have played the 9 in the side and nip drawed it back for the 13 in the bottom left corner. some times when you have position play the shot rather on getting position on it later.
i think if you would walk around the table more in between shots you may have seen this.

-Steve
All good points! My knee was bothering me a bit that day, so I know I definitely wasn't walking around as much as I should have. I did notice I ran into too many balls too! :)

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
All good points! My knee was bothering me a bit that day, so I know I definitely wasn't walking around as much as I should have. I did notice I ran into too many balls too! :)

Note that the shot prior to the 5:43 shot when you went into that little cluster, how hard you hit that sending that ball way up table forcing you into an awkward situation the last 2 shots. even when you shot the 8 you need to keep in mind your reach before you play shape. you could of stopped the ball and been okay going 1 rail for shape on the breakshot. always try to plan more ahead rather than play ball to ball position.

keep up the good work
-Steve

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Note that the shot prior to the 5:43 shot when you went into that little cluster, how hard you hit that sending that ball way up table forcing you into an awkward situation the last 2 shots. even when you shot the 8 you need to keep in mind your reach before you play shape. you could of stopped the ball and been okay going 1 rail for shape on the breakshot. always try to plan more ahead rather than play ball to ball position.

keep up the good work
-Steve
The funny thing is that I was thinking exactly what you're saying before I shot the 8... except I didn't move and actually test out the shot. When I shot that shot, I had no doubt in my mind that I would be able to reach it. Perhaps I hit it a tad too hard or didn't get the shape I wanted. I was indeed surprised to find I couldn't reach it. :(

I'm 5'6" by the way... and anything over center table is a bit of a reach for me on a 9' table.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Just ran 43 about an hour ago. I really thought I was going to finally run 50. I hit a good break shot that spread the stack nicely, lost the CB, but made the long tough opening shot to get back in line from the head rail...then I dogged an easy shot in the side. :( Oh well. It's improvement.

Nice going, 50s will come. Be patient !!

You may want to send Andy Lincoln (alinco) a PM to add it to the new list when he sets it up.

Steve

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Just ran 43 about an hour ago. I really thought I was going to finally run 50. I hit a good break shot that spread the stack nicely, lost the CB, but made the long tough opening shot to get back in line from the head rail...then I dogged an easy shot in the side. :( Oh well. It's improvement.

Congratulations!