Top 3 banks to master if you want to be good at one pocket...ready, GO!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Basic crossover bank from long rail to pocket.
2. 2 balls on spot, and you have ball in hand. Bank to have both go to your pocket.
3. Straight back bank.

Ken

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top 3 banks to master if you want to be good at one pocket...ready, GO!

I dont play the game and I would say my banking is not good, but in thinking about your question I would imagine it is (assuming the normal bank is already mastered):

Cut back bank
2 Rail bank
3 Rail bank

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Banks where you play just hard enough to get the ball to your pocket or maybe have a half a diamond bounce if it misses.

Banks where you twist the object ball.

Banks where you do more with the cue ball than the object ball. (Or at least what the cue ball does is more important.)

SureShot21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Tight banks near you opponents pocket when you have to avoid the double kiss.
2. Full table bank to be able to attack the balls that are up table.
3. 3-railer to be able to go on the offensive when your opponent does not have balls near their pocket but has left you below or near the stack.

LSU1018

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Short Rail Bank- being able to play it pocket speed or feel comfortable firing it in to get shape.

Cross Bank on short rail.

2 rail bank.

I definitely don't consider the three railer that necessary. I mean it's good to be able to hit close but I definitely wouldn't consider it top 3.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only been playing the game for a short time, but my thoughts are:

(in no particular order)

1. Twisting banks. For example, widening the angle of a short rail bank with outside English to come just above the stack for position on balls that go to your pocket, and if you hang the ball up your opponent can't see it. This is very hard to do if you shoot it with no English.

2. Pocket speed banks. If you manage to hide the cue ball they can be better than making a ball.

3. This might not be as important as I think it is as a new player, but banking a ball to your side and burying your opponent in the stack is a very important shot in my opinion.

EDIT: And a fourth, because I can :D - short rail cross banks. From anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE, above the side pocket.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Banks where you play just hard enough to get the ball to your pocket or maybe have a half a diamond bounce if it misses.
Banks where you twist the object ball.
Banks where you do more with the cue ball than the object ball. (Or at least what the cue ball does is more important.)

This will work. :smile:

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
Nothing will give you more opportunities to run balls as learning how to make short rail banks where both the cue ball and object balls are below the 1st diamond and learn the crossovers and when there is a kiss. If you practice, even an average player can make 60-70% of these banks or hang them up when they miss.