World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, he got a couple of rolls, but Ko Ping Chung played magnificent pool, was the better man in the final, and is the deserving champion.

Well played!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch all racks Ko did run. He was playing Ghost without ball in hand! :wink:
Incredible run outs from everywhere. Goes top three matches ever for me.
I can´t believe I say that. I don´t even like alternative break format.

Gratz Ko!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, he got a couple of rolls, but Ko Ping Chung played magnificent pool, was the better man in the final, and is the deserving champion.

Well played!

I love it he’s been kinda the bridesmaid, like the Williams sisters the youngest might end up being the best

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

I expected Ko Ping Yi to win from the begining but the best part at the end Predator CEO gives trophy to South West/Fury cue user hahah

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, that was a great tournament. Thanks to all who made it happen.

There can be no denying that 2019 is a very special year for pool in America. The Players Championship, the US Open and World 10-ball Championship are in the rear view mirror, but the International 9-Ball in Chesapeake and the Mosconi Cup in Las Vegas are still yet to come.

Let the good times keep rolling for pool in America.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Mark Griffin had a bit to do with this....thank you...:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Predator for a wonderful 10-Ball World Championship! All four of the final four were class acts and showed very positive for the pool world. Gotta love the Ko brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally, Little Ko wins a major title. Overdue. After offering so much promise when he burst on scene around 5 years ago, he went below the radar-came close to winning a major (like couple of World semis, International Open final) . Awesome job
For Filler, it was so near yet so far. He would have made history if he had won as this would be his 3rd consecutive WPA major in a row. Still a superlative achievement -2 wins and 1 runner up in a row. Well done :thumbup:

Overall, superb well organised event by CSI . Really good to see CSI back as the premier pro pool promoter in US.
:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
finally, little ko wins a major title. Overdue. After offering so much promise when he burst on scene around 5 years ago, he went below the radar-came close to winning a major (like couple of world semis, international open final) . Awesome job
for filler, it was so near yet so far. He would have made history if he had won as this would be his 3rd consecutive wpa major in a row. Still a superlative achievement -2 wins and 1 runner up in a row. Well done :thumbup:

Overall, superb well organised event by csi . Really good to see csi back as the premier pro pool promoter in us.

we called it....:)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Capture_edited-3.jpg......................

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally, Little Ko wins a major title. Overdue. After offering so much promise when he burst on scene around 5 years ago, he went below the radar-came close to winning a major (like couple of World semis, International Open final) . Awesome job
For Filler, it was so near yet so far. He would have made history if he had won as this would be his 3rd consecutive WPA major in a row. Still a superlative achievement -2 wins and 1 runner up in a row. Well done :thumbup:

Overall, superb well organised event by CSI . Really good to see CSI back as the premier pro pool promoter in US.

You won the tiebreaker with BJTyler

PM me your email so I can send you the Amazon gift card.

congrats!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin had a bit to do with this....thank you...:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

I love Mark. But Ozzy Reynolds has been at the helm of CSI for a bit. He got some heat when be posted here a fee years ago (deservedly) about CSI and the direction they would take pool. He deserves some kudos today..

Thanks, Mark. And thanks, Ozzy.

Freddie <~~~ likes the direction

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The free stream really worked, with nearly 10,000 watching the finals and well into six figures watching the event overall. We have some far sighted people promoting pool currently and for that I'm glad. Rather than wait for some benevolent soul to come along and heal our game, they are about doing this themselves. I'm sure even Barry Hearn is encouraged seeing others who are promoting pool in America. This has been the best year for professional pool that I can remember, and it only bodes well for the future.

It helps that pool is such an international game, with champion players coming from all corners of the globe, similar to what we see in golf and tennis today. There may be hope for our grand game yet. Ten Ball is probably the ticket to success. It's a step up from 9-Ball in terms of skill level required. That said, there remains a place for 9-Ball as well, with strict break rules in place.

It's nice to see the well dressed and clean cut young men who are our star players now. They present a good image for the game and make good examples for other young people who might decide to play pool for a living. Suffice to say that I'm encouraged by what I see right now. Perhaps a few more serious promoters will see the opportunity there is in pool currently and step up with a tournament(s) of their own.

One last thing, I'm glad to hear Jeremy Jones on the mic. I still learn things listening to him! It's very important that he has an equally capable partner in the broadcast booth. All and all, job well done by Predator and CSI.

Last edited: