Jim Buss Wrapless full splice FS/FT

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
There is only one word to describe this cue... AWESOME!!!

While it is simplistic in design, it's plays absolutely fantastic. In fact it's one of the best playing cues I have ever played with which is saying alot considering I've owned amny high end cues including SW, Bender, PFD, Mottey, Thomas Wayne, Kikel, Stroud, etc, etc. Some of my friends nicknamed it "The Magic Buss" (after the song by the who) because when I was playing I would routinely run off 4-5 racks at a time with it.

The cue is a full splice wrapless Purpleheart into straight grain maple. I had the opportunity to show the cue to Mr. Buss at the SBE earlier this year and he told me it is at least 15 years old but probably older. All of the inlays are Ivory, as well as the Hoppe ring, joint, and ferrules. It also has PH and maple rings in the joint.

It is straight together and apart and the shafts are spectacular with nice tight long grain. They are nice old growth maple which I'm sure contributes to the excellent playability. The overall condition is about 90% as it has a few very small marks in the finish on the shafts and a very small mark in the finish at the very end of the butt which is slightly visible in one of the photos.

Here are the specs:

Length-58"
Butt weight-15.65 oz
Shaft 1-12.72mm and 4.10 oz
Shaft 2-12.70mm and 4.05 oz
Pin-3/8 x 10

I'm asking $800 which may seem like alot until you play with it and consider the age, condition, how well it's constructed and the materials used. I may also consider interesting trades for another custom cue.

Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Thanks,
'Mash

JimBussfull.jpg

JimBussinlays.jpg

JimBusssignature.jpg

JimBussjoint.jpg

JimBussbuttweight.jpg

JimBussS1weight.jpg

JimBussS1diameter.jpg

JimBussS2weight.jpg

JimBussS2diameter.jpg

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I deally I would really like to get my old AE cue back. I sold it to a member here for less than what I'm asking for the Jim Buss. I would be willing to do an even trade to get it back.

Here is a link to the AE:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=143101

I can't remember who I sold it to but if you know who owns this cue please direct them to me if they would consider trading it back to me.

Thanks
'Mash

pocketpoolpete

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jim buss cue

Wow!!!!!!!! Nice cue, would you consider 700.00 cash? If so get you
the money out by friday.......... (865)454-9345