Can anybody get ahold of Kevin Varney...?

NOT2SHARKLIKE

The Bird That Is Big
I know Kevin has had some rough times as of late. He has two of my cues one of which he was refinishing and the the other he was building me a matching jump/break along with a really nice case. Everything has been paid for from the start and I know he is not in good enough health to finish them but I have a local cue maker that I'm sure would be more then willing to finish them for me. I have been waiting on these cues for about 3 years now and was wondering if anybody could help me get them? Thanks in advance and I hope I don't sound like an ass asking.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You haven't pmed me but, just so you know, I haven't heard from Kevin in, this is 6 months now. I know everything, including his equipment is in storage with a friend but other than that I don't know. I'm really sorry about this but I can't be any more help. If I haven't heard from him in six months I highly doubt anyone else has. And, that includes the guy who keeps saying he's seen him but won't say where or when.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Wow, a cue you already owned just getting refinished, that is not hard times, that's BS. I would be personally knocking on a few doors if that were my cues.

NOT2SHARKLIKE

The Bird That Is Big
It sucks to have all the money invested and there isn't a damn thing I can do to get them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm also waiting for some news from Kevin .
The last time i heard from him was almost 2 years ago , he told me the cue was going out the next day and he asked me to pay the remaining money .
I payed him and after that all communication was lost .
His wife did email me a few weeks later stating Kevin was in hospital and that my cue will be shipped as soon as he's back in the shop .
Since then i've heard nothing about my cue .

I think it will be a lost cause , i will never see my cue or the money i've invested in it .

Christoph

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
From a guy that was so macho, threatening people, guns & crap in his avitar, now turned into a thief & hiding from people like a little girl. The truth sets you free, bubba.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask some ppl to find him ..

Yeah, right. Do you even know who we're talking about? I've pmed you twice before when you said you'd seen him when he was in the hospital. You won't find him, just as you didn't before.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
didnt a couple years back he did the same thing and everyone was mad and called him a bunch of names. then he came back and made some good and now it is the same story. i will wait for this third time to really get a good laugh at those that send money in full in advance for something not even built.
dont some of you ever learn.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know any details about his situation, but it appears he is seriously ill.

I bet he would rather be in his shop turning wood that fighting for his life and some of you want to speak like he is eating fuggin potato chips and watching tbs while while he smiles about the couple hundred bucks he got but didn't earn?

Goodness, I hope the world extends a good bit more compassion toward us all, when it is our turn.

And yes, I am out money coz of someone who had the nerve to go and die in the middle of our transaction.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
oh sorry, i didnt know he has been sick for the last three years and couldn't return the guys cues to him. he must be really sick as to not even be able to go to the phone and have u.p.s. come to his house.
perhaps you should send him for a few cues money in full in advance to help him get back on his feet.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He built me amazing jump break and then I ordered matching playing cue is few month. He sent me few PMs saying that he is getting real sick and my cue is pretty much done and ready to ship and he will ship it asap. I paid for cue in full and have not heard anything in 2 years if not 3

I really hope he gets better and will finish the rest of the cues

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Good point!

I don't know any details about his situation, but it appears he is seriously ill.

I bet he would rather be in his shop turning wood that fighting for his life and some of you want to speak like he is eating fuggin potato chips and watching tbs while while he smiles about the couple hundred bucks he got but didn't earn?

Goodness, I hope the world extends a good bit more compassion toward us all, when it is our turn.

And yes, I am out money coz of someone who had the nerve to go and die in the middle of our transaction.

Pretty mature perspective for someone as young as yourself.

Sometimes life just craps on good people and bad people alike. We will all have "our turn" whether we follow the Golden Rule or not.

JoeyA

slim234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm actually surprised at some of the comments here. A lot of these cue makers are fighting for their life here , in the end, and all that matters too most is themselves . I'm actually surprised that Kevin is even still alive, let alone thinking about building or even working on a cue.
Knowing he was sick when you sent him your cues, was something you should have considered, i know he meant well, but the human body can only endure what it can, no more, this happens all the time. Have a little more compassion for human life here, i'm sure you'd expect the same , if you were fighting for your life

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh sorry, i didnt know he has been sick for the last three years and couldn't return the guys cues to him. he must be really sick as to not even be able to go to the phone and have u.p.s. come to his house.
perhaps you should send him for a few cues money in full in advance to help him get back on his feet.

Easy to say, but reality isn't always so eager to please the world.