China 8 Ball Payouts?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Have the players been paid yet for the Joy China 8 ball tournament? I notice there is nothing on AZB Leaderboard yet. Johnnyt

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have the players been paid yet for the Joy China 8 ball tournament? I notice there is nothing on AZB Leaderboard yet. Johnnyt

Shane finished 11th and got like $2000, top 10 is all Chinese players with 1st prize is $150K, other European and US players made like few hundreds, I dont know if it's even worth to add to the board, they were probably losing money for traveling and lodging

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chinese8ball/

26904437_394979457594131_2469049162487047998_n.jpg

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During one of the Derby Bigfoot matches Melling stated that there was huge event coming up in March in China suggesting that it was for a lot more money than this event. Not seen any info out there on it.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Very "top heavy" price fund. Not a good way to start a tour, IMO. Sure they'll show up for the first one. Then they'll realize they lost money even with a good finish...Then, no one shows for the next one. Oh, well, at least the winner gets something, which is more than can be said for most pool tournaments.

By "they" I naturally mean European and American players who have to travel a long distance. Obviously the Chineese and close proximity nationalities will show.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very "top heavy" price fund. Not a good way to start a tour, IMO. ...

I agree -- crazily lopsided. The purse adds up to $267,570 (if I added correctly), so 1st place was 56% of the purse. Perhaps they wanted to brag about the big 1st-place prize, but it sure doesn't help too many players.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They could have easily put 100K on top and 50K for second and 25K for third and still had 36K more to spread out over the rest of the field. Too bad they didn't ask me. :rolleyes:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I agree -- crazily lopsided. The purse adds up to $267,570 (if I added correctly), so 1st place was 56% of the purse. Perhaps they wanted to brag about the big 1st-place prize, but it sure doesn't help too many players.

Lop sided payouts seem to be the norm in pool.
Golf knows how to support a tour.
PGA recommends 18% of the prize fund for first place.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lop sided payouts seem to be the norm in pool.
Golf knows how to support a tour.
PGA recommends 18% of the prize fund for first place.
PGA bases entire payout on 18%. 18% for 1st, 18% of whats left for 2nd and so on right down the line.