Classiest Player

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Well, I can only judge by the ones I have actually met so....
Living- Ralph Soquet and Tony Crosby
Deceased- Steve Cook

Southpaw

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And another one....

catscradle said:
Somebody forgot to tell that to an old gf of mine who was a Pisces. lol.
That wouldn't be Patty Hearst by any chance?:D She wasn't really known for her sensitivity or kindness as I recall. (born Feb. 20, 1954)

kyle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the players mentioned have backgrounds in games that have higher standards (14.1,snooker). Steve Davis should be at the top of any list, I may be biased mentioning Luc Salvas who always has a smile on his face.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Living - Allison Fisher (w/o a doubt the classiest among all players... win or lose, you will get the same treatment)
Legend - Irving Crane (A true gentlemen and an asset to the game)

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busta

trueblu8 said:
Well I just gotta get my guy Bustamante in there. I can't believe nobody has mentioned him. He is really stylish, and classy. One of my all-time favorite players to watch. And he is humble, just like Efren and most of the other filipinos. And while I'm sure Efren is a really good guy, the filipinos tell me that he doesn't bathe for days during a tournament:eek: , some kind of superstition I guess. I also agree though too that Ralf, Thorsten, and Tony are very classy. So my picks are:

Alive: Francisco "Django" Bustamante
Deceased: Irving "The Deacon" Crane
Yep, I'll agree that Francisco is pretty classy and has a pretty classy stroke!

Attachments

• P1020384.jpg
    P1020384.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 493

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
DawgAndy said:
Living: I've always like Jose Parica's demeanor and attitude around the tables and my one experience with him at a resteraunt made me beleive he's a pretty classy guy. Dresses the part and acts the part tells me that he respects himself, his competitors and the game.

Deceased: The Deacon

I own about 3 Accu-Stats videos with Jose Parica. And I have to say that I was surprised at his demeanor at the table. He seems to pout every time he misses a shot. And if he gets a bad roll... forget about it, he practically cries. Also, he will stand there for about 30 seconds after a miss just staring and shaking his head, all the while his opponent will basically already have addressed the ball and be ready to shoot when he finally strolls away like child who just got scolded. All this from a man who is in his 50's.

When I think of someone of that age, I usually think of someone like my dad. And I have a hard time imagining my dad acting like Parica. Maybe it's the game itself, but Parica has a temper and attitude like that of some kid in their teens.

No offense meant by this post and if you had a good experience with Jose Parica, well then I am glad. I'm just stating an observation based off what I've seen in my videos. And I do not think he would qualify as the classiest living player. Just my opinion.

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
parica...

Now that you mention it, I have noticed this as well. It was during the '05 US Open final match vs. Alex "The Lion" Pagulayan. Parica was still at the table mourning his miss on the nine, and Alex just practically jumped in there while Parica was still at the table and made the nine. At first I thought to myself, can he do that, what a rude ass little kid! But now after reading your post, I am wondering if maybe this is a bad habit of his, lol.

Last edited:

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice busta pic...

I'll add a couple as well, and a funny one of Efren.
FranciscoBustamante2.jpg
DSC_0157.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg

Attachments

• FranciscoBustamante-4.jpg
    FranciscoBustamante-4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 106
  • normal_IMG_0016.jpg
    normal_IMG_0016.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, Thorsten is one of the nicest, and most classy guys out there. Does he have black hair in this pic?!
p6020249.jpg

Last edited:

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
BillPorter said:
See, I stick one little photo into this thread and everyone goes photo happy!!!:D :D :D

Hey...at least no one is flaming, arguing, proposing a union, demanding checks, talking about 11%, or mentioned those three bad letters;) .

It's been a fun and intersting read on how everyone views class:)

Jim

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Living :vernon elliot, scott frost, earl strickland.

Dead : freddy the glove, mark the tomato can carter

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, here's another one

Here's one showing two people who have been mentioned in this thread. Doubt either one will win the "Classiest" contest.

Attachments

• Parica_Stickland6-D5.jpg
    Parica_Stickland6-D5.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 462

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Certainly Tony Robles and Allison Fisher have my vote,alot of the foreign players from Europe and the Phillippines seem to carry themselves well especially Reyes and Souqet.
As for guys who are deceased certainly the Deacon is tops,i mean he finished the bridesmaid to Mosconi so often and still kept composure.
So after all this we should have a poll and crown the classiest player,i think Robles will win.