How To Become A Shotmaker

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZB,

I've been wondering for a long time, how to become a real shotmaker. So I decided to work all the aspects out so that I know what to train.. and then someday I will never miss a shot (okay.. almost never :p)

I want to share the information with you. I made a video where I put all these things in and also put a lot of interesting things into the video description. In my opinion these things are the key to become a great shotmaker in pool. Do you agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdFxOpHDLw

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. Do you represent a SightWright system in any way? That is a good one and really helps.

Last edited:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it, good job. The quality of the video itself is excellent. The eye alignment is new information that I haven't heard before. One thing that also helps is to make sure to actually watch the cue ball contact the object ball. I know when I do this, my shot making is very good and as a side benefit, I will always stay down.

Thanks for the vid.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Very good quality video... I also like your dominant eye explanation.

The cue needs to be in line and must be pulled back along that line.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZB,

I've been wondering for a long time, how to become a real shotmaker. So I decided to work all the aspects out so that I know what to train.. and then someday I will never miss a shot (okay.. almost never :p)

I want to share the information with you. I made a video where I put all these things in and also put a lot of interesting things into the video description. In my opinion these things are the key to become a great shotmaker in pool. Do you agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdFxOpHDLw
Awesome instructional video. Your detailed explanation and visuals regarding the ghost ball aiming method and your explanation and visuals on the importance of finding your correct vision center, were both the very best I have ever seen!

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Many thanks! I haven't played in months because of age related macular degeneration in my left eye. I quit in frustration..couldn't stand missing shots 80% of the time that I'd make 80% of the time before this condition appeared. Now I realize I might be able to get back to where I was by a simple sight realignment? I'm going to give your alignment tip of using a set-up straight in a try!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I understand this video is aimed mostly at beginning players but shouldn't you say something about throw when discussing the ghost ball system? Or would you leave that for the subconscious adjustments?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned shot making a different way.
When i was a 16 year old kid i played pretty good.There were times i played grown men for money with out a penny in my pocket.
It was not a good idea to miss very often.Warning:this could be hazardous to your health.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback guys.

I understand this video is aimed mostly at beginning players but shouldn't you say something about throw when discussing the ghost ball system? Or would you leave that for the subconscious adjustments?

I didn't mention throw because I am working on a seperate video for that. But thanks for the hint!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The amount of throw on any particular cut shot, with the exception of possibly spin induced throw, is just extremely hard to account for and predict, with any consistency, as it can be affected by so many variables. In trying to keep this video simple and straight forward, I can certainly understand why he did not want to bring throw in to the discussion, not yet anyway.

Last edited:

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep thats also right. Its just a huge topic. Video is coming soon :) Whats the Sight Wright System? Never heard of that.

Btw. You guys probably are all native english speakers. Is my english okay and are you hearing my German accent?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Btw. You guys probably are all native english speakers. Is my english okay and are you hearing my German accent?
You are doing fine -- better than a lot of native speakers. I had placed your accent a little farther east.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob. After publishing the video I usally notice so many mistakes :D

I just wanted to say thank you to all you AZB members. By watching my videos, especially the How To Break And Run 9-Ball and the one from this thread, my subscribers went from 70 to 370. so thank you very very much for watching!