PRO ONE DVD: Answering Questions

champ2107

Banned
Champ, if what you say were true, Stan would have no need to identify the A-B-C secondary "aim" points. The system would simply be to offset the stick 1/2 tip from the CTEL (on a line parallel to the CTEL), pivot to center, and shoot. A, B, and C would be irrelevant.

Does the ctel ever change or does the ABC secondary line change,pivot or bridge length change? You guys are not understanding my thoughts on this. :) Im saying the ABC secondary aim points,L/R inside, outside pivots,bridge lengths are moving you around for the angles and distances on shots but the ctel never changes and your cue is on this line. I have to add this BEFORE THE PIVOT.

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the ctel ever change or does the ABC secondary line change,pivot or bridge length change? You guys are not understanding my thoughts on this. :) Im saying the ABC secondary aim points,L/R inside, outside pivots,bridge lengths are moving you around for the angles and distances on shots but the ctel never changes. I have to add this BEFORE THE PIVOT.

As has been said before by others, the CTE line is the starting stance that gets you close to where you will be after the rotating of the stance to the secondary aiming lines to the points on the OB.

It is important if you want the classic 30 degree cut angle that doesn't require a shifting of the stance to the side or a pivot left or right.

Just sayin.:thumbup:

champ2107

Banned
See... it's not "center-to-edge"--- it's center to OUTERMOST edge. This is why your eyes come off the CTEL (which results in A/B/C alignments) and give you a new 180 degrees of visible CB.

With a static pivot and offset (as Stan presents), it's impossible for your eyes to straddle the CTEL and for your cue to be parallel to that on every shot, every distance and every cut angle. It's impossible. Can you incorporate a highly dynamic pivot to compensate for this? I guess-- but it doesn't apply to this thread.

In regards to 90/90 --- there's nothing about that system that's flawed. ETC is one of the strongest references to see (as is ETE). It's edge-to-reverse-edge that's a little tricky to see because the overlap isn't based on a point - it's based on a certain distance (approx a shaft diameter).

Anyways, I think 90/90 and CTE is the same system mathematically. Just presented differently.

etc i have found out by trial, is that you need to be almost an expert on adjusting to make a lot of these shots since there are no reference points to help you. I will say i have not used this 90/90 system too much either, but in my eyes its like shooting cte without reference points ... ijs

champ2107

Banned
As has been said before by others, the CTE line is the starting stance that gets you close to where you will be after the rotating of the stance to the secondary aiming lines to the points on the OB.

It is important if you want the classic 30 degree cut angle that doesn't require a shifting of the stance to the side or a pivot left or right.

Just sayin.:thumbup:

What if i tell you i can lay my cue down on the table pointing on the ctel, then pick up my cue with as little movement as possible, then pivot and make the ball. According to you i shouldn't be able to make the ball? but yet i can do this.

Here is a vid from my iphone, it sucks and i was knocking my phone over, im not in good positional stances avoiding my phone, bridging over it, off to the side, moving the ball when i am already bridged on the table and trying to give a clear view taking random shots but just making sure i was on the ctel with a quick glance at the aim points, :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3P2t75PTLo

I would like to see you guys put up your cte vids and next time i will bring a cam and show you me running a table shooting cte :) haha

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if i tell you i can lay my cue down on the table pointing on the ctel, then pick up my with as little movement as possible, then pivot and make the ball. According to you i shouldn't be able to make the ball? but yet i can do this?

Here is a vid from my iphone, it sucks and i was knocking my phone over, im not in good positional stance avoiding my phone and trying to give a clear view taking random shots but just making sure i was on the ctel with a quick glance at the aim points :)

I would like to you guys put up your cte vids and next time i will bring a cam and show you me running a table shooting cte :) haha

Very interesting. I am a double distance and GB aim shooter and can do a final adjustment after simulating a pivot and make those same shots and more.

If you can, put your camera on the overhead light so that I can see the pre-pivot offset and bridge distances. Also put a chalk line on the CTE line below your cue so that I can see if there is an angular adjustment as well.:wink:

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
Very interesting. I am a double distance and GB aim shooter and can do a final adjustment after simulating a pivot and make those same shots and more. huh?

If you can, put your camera on the overhead light so that I can see the pre-pivot offset and bridge distances. Also put a chalk line on the CTE line below your cue so that I can see if there is an angular adjustment as well.:wink:When you learn the system then come debate it with me ;)

Well im just wanted to show that i shoot cte and its just like stans :thumbup: I really dont cocern myself much about bridge distance unless im like half a diamond distance away. Im a half tip off set just like stan, i was on the ctel every shot before my pivot. The inside pivots on a couple shots i showed with a B reference take care of all adjustments and im still on the ctel on all shots BEFORE THE PIVOT.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting. I am a double distance and GB aim shooter and can do a final adjustment after simulating a pivot and make those same shots and more.

If you can, put your camera on the overhead light so that I can see the pre-pivot offset and bridge distances. Also put a chalk line on the CTE line below your cue so that I can see if there is an angular adjustment as well.:wink:

If you want all this info Why wouldn't you just buy the DVD?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As I said, I don't have the DVD or the glossary, but I agree that shifting the bridge backward from the CB for larger separations between the CB and OB for this also reduces the necessary included angle - created by the line from the pocket/target through the center of the OB back to the shooter and the other line from the center of the CB to the OB.

I haven't had enough time to memorize what those different bridge distances are by playing at the table. I contend that one can vary/decrease the 1/2tip offset from the center of the CB to say a 1/8 tip (or other fractions) offset for larger separations between the CB and OB.

I would rather choose the decreasing tip offsets and retain my normal bridge distance especially if the CB is near the rail with my bridge on the rail.

Thanks.:thumbup:
Lamas-

Experiment with keeping the same tip offset and same bridge distance and changing your pivots by arcing from the tip-back, not from the bridge-forward. If there was a circle formed by the OB (edge) and bridge (center), arc the tip along the imaginary circumference of that circle.

Seems cryptic - but once you "get it" --- there's no other way, imo.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
What if i tell you i can lay my cue down on the table pointing on the ctel, then pick up my cue with as little movement as possible, then pivot and make the ball. According to you i shouldn't be able to make the ball? but yet i can do this.

Here is a vid from my iphone, it sucks and i was knocking my phone over, im not in good positional stance avoiding my phone, bridging over it and trying to give a clear view taking random shots but just making sure i was on the ctel with a quick glance at the aim points :)

I would like to see you guys put up your cte vids and next time i will bring a cam and show you me running a table shooting cte :) haha

At least someone is posting vids for once.

Anyways, it's a geometric impossibility to maintain the same cue alignment, same bridge length, pivot offset and pivot point and make balls. Let me repeat--- it's impossible.

I can prove this easily with some string and tape while standing at the table with you.

All that matters is whatever you're doing works for you. You're probably changing your pivot point based on shot distance, which is a good technique. You are also either changing your alignment or tip offset subconsciously. Keeping a static alignment, static offset and static pivot = missing a lot of balls.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lamas-

Experiment with keeping the same tip offset and same bridge distance and changing your pivots by arcing from the tip-back, not from the bridge-forward. If there was a circle formed by the OB (edge) and bridge (center), arc the tip along the imaginary circumference of that circle.

Seems cryptic - but once you "get it" --- there's no other way, imo.

Dave,
I understand and concur with what you have put out there lo these many months. I now inderstand the moving to the side on the perimeter of the radius with its axis at the OB (edge) as you diagram in your website. I do this now.

I do like you said (months ago) and keep my bridge behind the CB at around 12.0" on most shots.

I have said that CTE works.

When one rotates to the side about this radius (above) to position the new stance with the eye/s now looking at the secondary spots on the OB fractions or A, B, C and 1/8....you are in the correct position to set your bridge down with the pre-pivot 1/2 tip offset.

What I was saying, not to you and many others, is that once you are in position and looking at the secondary point, is that "you are no longer parallel to the original CTE line". You are at an angle (like your diagram) that was started by the CTE line and rotating to the side with the OB (edge) at the axis.

Thanks again.:wink::thumbup:

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
At least someone is posting vids for once.

Anyways, it's a geometric impossibility to maintain the same cue alignment, same bridge length, pivot offset and pivot point and make balls. Let me repeat--- it's impossible.

I can prove this easily with some string and tape while standing at the table with you. ok, i will say this now since i know you know way more about this then i do, you could be right but to the naked eye it looks and feels like your on it?

All that matters is whatever you're doing works for you. You're probably changing your pivot point based on shot distance, which is a good technique. You are also either changing your alignment or tip offset subconsciously. Keeping a static alignment, static offset and static pivot = missing a lot of balls.

Next time i shoot i will take my time and try and pay attention to all my movements really carefully and i have been shooting cte since i first seen your cte vid on youtube and your banks vid is my fav and helped me make a lot of shots in the last couple years!

I normally just step up and just start shooting with out thinking much about the system and 95% of people watching me shoot wouldnt even catch on that i use this cte system. I would have put some pro1 shots in there but figured some on here wouldn't believe it, so i didnt bother.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Deleted.....................................................................................................................

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dave,
I understand and concur with what you have put out there lo these many months. I now inderstand the moving to the side on the perimeter of the radius with its axis at the OB (edge) as you diagram in your website. I do this now.

I do like you said (months ago) and keep my bridge behind the CB at around 12.0" on most shots.

I have said that CTE works.

When one rotates to the side about this radius (above) to position the new stance with the eye/s now looking at the secondary spots on the OB fractions or A, B, C and 1/8....you are in the correct position to set your bridge down with the pre-pivot 1/2 tip offset.

What I was saying, not to you and many others, is that once you are in position and looking at the secondary point, is that "you are no longer parallel to the original CTE line". You are at an angle (like your diagram) that was started by the CTE line and rotating to the side with the OB (edge) at the axis.

Thanks again.:wink::thumbup:
Bingo....exactly

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Next time i shoot i will take my time and try and pay attention to all my movements really carefully and i have been shooting cte since i first seen your cte vid on youtube and your banks vid is my fav and helped me make a lot of shots in the last couple years!

I normally just step up and just start shooting with out thinking much about the system and 95% of people watching me shoot wouldnt even catch on that i use this cte system. I would have put some pro1 shots in there but figured some on here wouldn't believe it, so i didnt bother.

I didn't know as much then as I know now. In that CTE pivoting video, when I'm moving over "parallel" my eyes move 1 1/8" to the left of the CTEL. From that perspective, I'm no longer seeing straight down the CTEL--- I'm looking at an entirely different 180-deg view of the CB --- make sense? I should delete that and make a new one -- I could do a much better one today.

Dave

I'm beginning to think CTE is a myth, and was just created by a few people to try and confuse intermediate players. And maybe sell a few dvd's along the way.