R.I.P Ritchie Idrovo

Worst_7_ever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure how this is not yet posted. I looked and did not see anything on it in the last 4 pages. Ritchie was a friend of mine albiet not that close. I sparred with him many times in leagues and on the poker tables. I traveled with him once as well. He was a fearless barbox player, and loved all kinds of action. He must have been fighting some major demons to do what he did. Ritchie I hope your at piece now. I pray for you and your ex.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-two-dead-loop-20150814-story.html

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but no RIP here either - don't have an issue if you choose to end your own life - but to murder an innocent person on your way out is a scumbag move.

I doubt you're going to find too many people here that have a kind word for this guy - anyone's friend or not.

Worst_7_ever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but no RIP here either - don't have an issue if you choose to end your own life - but to murder an innocent person on your way out is a scumbag move.

I doubt you're going to find too many people here that have a kind word for this guy - anyone's friend or not.
I am not looking for kind words. I too think what he did was complete BS. Im just saddened by the whole event, and thought others that knew him around the country might want to know as well.

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this. I can't believe Ritchie would do this. Not expecting people here to be sympathetic. I'm dumbfounded.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

Didn't he play TAP League? I think I played him a few years ago and

I did not win. He played real good.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not much to say other than my heart goes out to the families.

Last edited:

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I'm sorry but your link does not named the people involved and Google shows nothing but web chatter. I need verification before spreading death news.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's verified, I shot league with him before. My most recent APA night was full of stories about him. He was a very strong player.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We live in a sad world when people post on here and FB about how a murderer has "passed on" or is "now at peace", just because he was a good pool player, or we played with him or against him.

Congrats, you knew a murderer. No matter what he was as a person or a player, his last act in life was to murder a mother of 4 children.

Would all the people giving reverence to this guy feel the same way if that ex girlfriend was their sister, daughter, or friend?

If your life is so bad you want to end it, get help. If you can't get that help, no need to take others down with you and leave 4 children orphaned.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No excuses for what he did, it's a terrible tragedy for everyone.
Ritchie was a great player. We never would have seen this coming.
I was hanging out with the manager of his bar at the APA nationals in Vegas the day it happened. We had no clue.
He had been playing with a female friend in scotch doubles and sought her advice. She was wrecked over this.
If you know ANYONE that shows signs of severe depression, weight loss, extreme partying, despondent, please try talking to them. Ritchie was definitely not himself before this from what my friend said. If only someone could have been there for him.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And as for him being a terrible human being- he had an amazing family. His daughter Bianca and his son, Ritchie Jr, also learned pool from him and are great players. It's just a ****ed up situation all around.

liakos

Banned
Nobody knows the real story, but bottom line he was a piece of $hit for doing what he did!

I know people are driven mad at times because of other people, but at the end of the day there is ALMOST no reason for this! If the girlfriend abused the children,,,,, then it's debatable. But ANYTHING else,,,,, nope!

Most likely one less piece of human waste in this world! The world IS getting better:)